NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nudlegaru View Post
    From where did you get that Sponza map for UE4? Can you please give me a link or upload that map so I can try VXGI with it like you did? Thanks !
    http://www.crytek.com/cryengine/cryengine3/downloads

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
      Odd, can't explain it, its as if the tessellation has gone bad. Like I said, I have never seen that happen. There are a few things I have to fix in regards to state handling, so hopefully they will fix that.
      Latest update remedies the artifacts I was seeing as long as I stick to translucent rendering.

Some screens:

Attached Files
      Last edited by mittense; 10-24-2015, 06:33 AM.
      Trent Polack (@mittense)
      Personal Site | Development Blog | Joy Machine

Comment

Originally posted by mittense View Post
        Latest update remedies the artifacts I was seeing as long as I stick to translucent rendering.
        Did you change anything in the material? Maybe something unique u have setup has caused the issue in Opaque rendering. If u have, can u please share ur changes? This way I can test if I to get the issue. If not, then that is very odd, since u do have a high end GPU, I have a Titan X and yeah like I said no issues.
        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
          Did you change anything in the material? Maybe something unique u have setup has caused the issue in Opaque rendering. If u have, can u please share ur changes?
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsl9r68x1m...ks.uasset?dl=0
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdaiqweqw0...ks.uasset?dl=0
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/zyvt3wnbsq...ks.uasset?dl=0

those are my current working set
          Trent Polack (@mittense)
          Personal Site | Development Blog | Joy Machine

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	morphprob.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	1091798

still cant get my morphers to work with hairworks
            somebody knows a workaround? =)

Comment

Couldn't see any problems with them. You might want to try unhooking the tessellation multiplier. Its not actually used, as WaveWorks has its own tessellation. I doubt it will do anything but its worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by schauk View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]62626[/ATTACH]

still cant get my morphers to work with hairworks
                somebody knows a workaround? =)
                HairWorks won't work with morphing, as its only aware of the bones of a skinned mesh as thats what is stored in the Hair file. It knows nothing about morphs. To use HairWorks with facial expressions, you would have to move to using bones.

Comment

uh i already thought so...
                  that's a huge bummer, but maybe one day morphs will work =)

Comment

Please tell me there is a way to get the SSR back in the VXGI branch. I understand VXGI specular reflections don't work on transparent materials but I tought I could turn off VXGI reflections and only keep the indirect illumination while profiting from the classic SSR/cubemaps.

I tried r.VXGI.CombineSpecularWithSSR r.VXGI.SpecularTracingEnable, also the buttons from the PostProcessVolume VXGI Specular (Enable Specular Tracing which, strangely, has 2 separate tick boxes (though you only seemingly choose 1 parameter).

Click image for larger version

Name:	sc01.jpg
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1091842Click image for larger version

Name:	sc02.jpg
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1091843

Even a solution modifing the code would be very appreciated

Comment

Packaging Issues with VXGI, and VXGI-4.9 nvidia branches

Hi all,

I'm new to the thread, and am having issues with packaging not working with vxgi branches.

I tried this with same results for both the vxgi (4.8), and vxgi-4.9 branches of NvPhysX repository and they are working in the editor in standalone etc, but not when i try the launch button, or when i try to package for my win64 configuration. I get the same error in both of those cases.

These branches:
                      https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI
                      https://github.com/apanteleev/Unreal.../tree/VXGI-4.9

I get this error when packaging:

LogPlayLevel: Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory: ********** STAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
                      LogPlayLevel: BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
                      LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
                      LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Stage Failed. Missing receipt 'UE4Game-Win64-Development.target.xml'. Check that this target has been built.
                      LogPlayLevel: Stacktrace: at Project.CreateDeploymentContext(ProjectParams Params, Boolean InDedicatedServer, Boolean DoCleanStage)
                      LogPlayLevel: at Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory(ProjectParams Params)
                      LogPlayLevel: at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
                      LogPlayLevel: at BuildCommand.Execute()
                      LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
                      LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
                      LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
                      LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Action`1 Main, Object Param)
                      LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
                      LogPlayLevel: ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
                      LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 17.840130
                      LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=Error_MissingExecutable
                      LogStats:Warning: MetaData mismatch. Did you assign a stat to two groups? New //STATGROUP_Threads//FLauncherTask///Thread_c58_0///####STATCAT_Advanced#### old //STATGROUP_Threads//FLauncherTask///Thread_c3c_0///####STATCAT_Advanced####
                      LogPlayLevel: Domain_ProcessExit
                      LogPlayLevel: copying UAT log files...
                      LogPlayLevel: RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
                      LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Deploy Task, Time: 0.000291
                      LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED
                      PackagingResults:Error: Error Launch failed! Missing UE4Game binary.
                      You may have to build the UE4 project with your IDE. Alternatively, build using UnrealBuildTool with the commandline:
                      UE4Game <Platform> <Configuration>

I was testing packaging wih the out-of-the-box SciFiHallway from Samples directory of the branches.

From seeing this previous response (page 62) from Galaxyman to Maxwell_77...:
                      https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post401654

...I gathered that I need to build UE4 twice in visual studio: once in 'Development Editor' configuration, and once in 'Development' mode after to generate the UE4Game.exe. I get the same 7 errors the Maxwell_77 reports in this post when trying to build in 'Development' configuration to generate UE4Game.exe:
                      https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post400329

I find it strange that these 7 errors all mention DX12 when I only have DX11 on my machine and on windows8.1.
                      If packaging is indeed meant to work at this point, would anyone have a clue what might be off in my configuration?

My Configuration: Windows 8.1 (64bit), Visual Studio 2013, Version 4.5 .NET framework, Latest Geforce 358.70 Driver
                      My Machine: 2 gtx970 SLI (SLI not active for this test), i7 5930k 3.5 ghz

I've attached a few files in case it helps:

file 1: the log for packaging failure when trying to package the SciFiHallway out the box sample.
                      file 2: the 7 errors i get when trying to build the UE4 in 'Development' configuration to generate UE4Game.exe
                      file 3: my machine specs

..If anyone has suggestions for next steps to try to resolve this it would be much appreciated.
                      I'm considering installing windows 10 as a next step for lack of a better idea.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The DX12 build errors have nothing to do with what ur machine is capable of, UE4 is D3D12 capable, so it has to build a D3D12 RHI set of classes. Issue is, the VXGI branch has some problems when it comes to packaging due to some data in those classes. If you look thru my branch, I committed a fix to mine that allows for packaging, u can cherry pick this commit and apply it to the NVIDIA branch.

Comment

Hi Galaxyman, I have an issue when i try to run Setup.bat after downloading UnrealEngine-4.9.1_NVIDIA_Techs.zip.
                          i can't finish to download dependencies i get a "PathtoolongException" issue.
                          Any advices ? Could you check your zip file please if i'm not doing something wrong ?
                          Regards.

Comment

Move where u have extracted the files to a lower directory, ie. C:\UnrealEngine

Comment

OK, thanks i will try this

Comment

I've install VXGI for 4.9 and everything work fine other than the frame rate of the scene, once VXGI activated in the post process, drop from 45fps to 5fps... now i know my graphic card isn't the new generation (i have a 780), is this the reason why ? do i absolutely need a 900 series to have a good fps ?
                                Gabriel Rheault - Technical Artist
                                --------------------------
                                - www.artstation.com/grheault

Comment

Working...
                                X