Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mittense View Post
    Hey GalaxyMan,

I worked through the crash issues I was having (old version of WaveWorks file, I think); I notice in the recent Git commits that you added support for translucent rendering, but I can't for the life of me get it to work. Any tips?
    (ps, thanks for all the work you're putting into this)
    Trent Polack (@mittense)
    Personal Site | Development Blog | Joy Machine

Comment

Hey GalaxyMan,

I worked through the crash issues I was having (old version of WaveWorks file, I think); I notice in the recent Git commits that you added support for translucent rendering, but I can't for the life of me get it to work. Any tips?
      Its currently not working, I forgot to put to specify that in the git commit comments. Currently if you use translucency it'll only render as transparent. Distortion and SSR don't work - Possibly even separate translucency, didn't test that. Plan is to get it all working over the weekend, as well as refactoring and moving to 4.9.2
      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

I posted this on unreal answers with no luck so far so I thought I'd give the forums a try;
        So I downloaded the .zip from https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/HairWorks, unzipped it with winrar, and ran setup.bat and then the GenerateProjectFiles.bat, I double-clicked UE4 in project files, In Visual Studio Community 2013 set solution configuration to Development_Editor, solution platform to x64 but when I build I get this:

1>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------ 1> The system cannot find the path specified. 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command "....\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development" exited with code 3. ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Tell me what I'm doing wrong.
        I read here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...hair-solutions that all you have to do is download the hairworks version of unreal and go through the setup the way you would the vanilla source code. Do I need to use a git shell or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Maim Games View Post
          I posted this on unreal answers with no luck so far so I thought I'd give the forums a try;
          So I downloaded the .zip from https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/HairWorks, unzipped it with winrar, and ran setup.bat and then the GenerateProjectFiles.bat, I double-clicked UE4 in project files, In Visual Studio Community 2013 set solution configuration to Development_Editor, solution platform to x64 but when I build I get this:

1>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------ 1> The system cannot find the path specified. 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command "....\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development" exited with code 3. ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Tell me what I'm doing wrong.
          I read here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...hair-solutions that all you have to do is download the hairworks version of unreal and go through the setup the way you would the vanilla source code. Do I need to use a git shell or something?
          You appear to be missing some prerequisite required. Check if you have msbuild and .NET Framework 4.

Comment

Well I seem to have .NET Framework v3.5 - v4.5.1 and a few folders that say MSBuild but only one that has an application.
            Last edited by Maim Games; 10-23-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Btw, I just noticed the link in your signature, How stable is your branch compared to the standalone hairworks branch?

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerskb View Post
                VXGI TEST

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

NO SPECS

From where did you get that Sponza map for UE4? Can you please give me a link or upload that map so I can try VXGI with it like you did? Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Nudlegaru View Post
                  From where did you get that Sponza map for UE4? Can you please give me a link or upload that map so I can try VXGI with it like you did? Thanks !
                  I would like that too

Comment

This is a great thread! Thanks for all infos!

I have an issue with Flex ; the surface fluid shows only in 1 eye. Also from time to time, we can see the particles on top of the fluid surface.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                      Not sure on the translation aspect, I think thats just how its been implemented, only uses rotation/bone animation. As for your animation, it looks like you either have the mass scale set too high (so basically its too heavy) or you have no damping. You should be able to soften it out, so it doesn't move so quickly.
                      yea but thats not a solution to me... this doesnt look natural to me. Imagine a Woman jumping off a moutain and the hair should go up and that doesnt really happing with the hairworks...

Comment

Some weirdness with WaveWorks (and for some reason I can't insert the image proper): https://www.dropbox.com/s/jl4fj79qnx...works.PNG?dl=0
                        Attached Files
                        Trent Polack (@mittense)

Comment

Some weirdness with WaveWorks (and for some reason I can't insert the image proper): https://www.dropbox.com/s/jl4fj79qnx...works.PNG?dl=0
                          (it's an issue with motion blur, as I figured out).

It looks like the rendering artifact is still there, it's just not nearly as pronounced.
                          Trent Polack (@mittense)

Comment

Originally posted by Maim Games View Post
                            Btw, I just noticed the link in your signature, How stable is your branch compared to the standalone hairworks branch?
                            For HairWorks, my branch should be as stable as the HairWorks branch, I have made no modifications to HairWorks in general, besides upgrading it to 4.9.1

Originally posted by iuhiuh View Post
                            yea but thats not a solution to me... this doesnt look natural to me. Imagine a Woman jumping off a moutain and the hair should go up and that doesnt really happing with the hairworks...
                            You have to work within the confines of what is available, if you are not happy with the results of HairWorks, then maybe HairWorks isn't the product for you. Saying that, there are ways to improve the look of the simulation which I have already explained, it won't ever be perfect, but it will make it look a lot better and less stiff.

(it's an issue with motion blur, as I figured out).

It looks like the rendering artifact is still there, it's just not nearly as pronounced.
                            Never seen that artifact before, no idea whats going on there. What are your computer specs?

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                              Never seen that artifact before, no idea whats going on there. What are your computer specs?
                              Windows 10, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2594 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 24 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M, 2 displays
                              Trent Polack (@mittense)

Comment

Windows 10, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2594 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 24 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M, 2 displays
                                Odd, can't explain it, its as if the tessellation has gone bad. Like I said, I have never seen that happen. There are a few things I have to fix in regards to state handling, so hopefully they will fix that.

Comment

Working...
                                X