No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried loading the Waveworks example you just uploaded and nothing really happens - just a small white plane. Do I have to re-download the latest branch (I already have 4.9.1_NVIDIA_Techs) ?

Comment

Yes you have to get the latest changes, since I added the WaveWorks Quadtree integration code only recently.
      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

galaxy do you know why the hair looks so stiff ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsxKEplzqy8
        TressFX in Unreal Engine 4 is 10x better when it comes to simulation
        gravity is at zero

Comment

Originally posted by iuhiuh View Post
          galaxy do you know why the hair looks so stiff ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsxKEplzqy8
          TressFX in Unreal Engine 4 is 10x better when it comes to simulation
          gravity is at zero
          Looks like your settings aren't right, you need to set your stiffness and damping values to something more reasonable. Basically the root stiffness will control how much the lower part of a strand can move, so set it to something around 0.3 - 0.5, Tip stiffness will prevent the tip from moving, so you will want that really low. Damping will make it not move as quickly, then just tweak the Global stiffness till you get something comfortable. Make sure to turn on wind in the Blueprint Editor so you can see how the hair moves around.

Comment

even with default settings its still stiff, its just doesnt react with the character blueprint movement...
            i want it like Alice madness returns... it was great there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTieYSh--L8
            maybe it should be implemented like apex cloth

edit: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzqp...kzejBOUVU/edit should be similar like this... hair should react with the movement...
            Last edited by iuhiuh; 10-21-2015, 12:08 PM.

Comment

So for testing purposes, I got my hands on a Titan X today, and found a strange result when it came to performance. In the sci-fi hallway, in both the 4.8 and 4.9 VXGI builds, I noticed that for some reason, in DX11 mode (was on Windows 7 so DX12 wasn't an option), in 4.8 VXGI it was running much, much faster.

At 1440p, MapSize 32, 4 cones, sparse tracing 4, specular disabled:

4.8 VXGI-

10.96ms total
              1.75ms VXGI WS
              2.15ms VXGI SS

4.9 VXGI-

22.4ms total
              12.19ms VXGI WS
              2.5 VXGI SS

I went back and forth between the two engine builds for over an hour, trying to make absolutely sure the settings were the same, but no matter what I did, I could not get 4.9's build to run anywhere close to what 4.8 was putting out (And for all intents and purposes, the two builds visually looked almost the same. Just a tiny bit different in the color correction settings or something between them, but nothing that would cause another 10ms of frame time).

Has anyone else noticed a slowdown in the 4.9 build? I know the official changelog says "Maxwell GPU features are not supported in DX12 mode yet" but that shouldn't be impacting DX11 performance so badly.
              Last edited by Zero-Night; 10-22-2015, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                It can't find your Visual Studio installation. You need to use VS2013 Community Edition or professional, etc. (Express doesn't work as far as I am aware). VS2015 is not supported on 4.9. Basically the issue is at your end.
                i had the 2013 version,and i just uninstal it and install a new 2013 visual studio and got this maseg after install(setup has finished however some parts are not installed well)some thing like this
                i think i have some problem with my windows

Comment

Hello galaxy i have a question. do you plan integrating Faceworks?

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyHorrorOnlyHardcore View Post
                    AFAIK FaceWorks requires a license?

Comment

Originally posted by iuhiuh View Post
                      even with default settings its still stiff, its just doesnt react with the character blueprint movement...
                      i want it like Alice madness returns... it was great there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTieYSh--L8
                      maybe it should be implemented like apex cloth

edit: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzqp...kzejBOUVU/edit should be similar like this... hair should react with the movement...
                      You can get that same effect using HairWorks, you just need to play with the settings some more, default settings are not good.

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
                      So for testing purposes, I got my hands on a Titan X today, and found a strange result when it came to performance. In the sci-fi hallway, in both the 4.8 and 4.9 VXGI builds, I noticed that for some reason, in DX11 mode (was on Windows 7 so DX12 wasn't an option), in 4.8 VXGI it was running much, much faster.

At 1440p, MapSize 32, 4 cones, sparse tracing 4, specular disabled:

4.8 VXGI-

91 FPS
                      1.75ms VXGI WS
                      2.15ms VXGI SS

4.9 VXGI-

22.4 FPS
                      12.19ms VXGI WS
                      2.5 VXGI SS

I went back and forth between the two engine builds for over an hour, trying to make absolutely sure the settings were the same, but no matter what I did, I could not get 4.9's build to run anywhere close to what 4.8 was putting out (And for all intents and purposes, the two builds visually looked almost the same. Just a tiny bit different in the color correction settings or something between them, but nothing that would cause another 10ms of frame time).

Has anyone else noticed a slowdown in the 4.9 build? I know the official changelog says "Maxwell GPU features are not supported in DX12 mode yet" but that shouldn't be impacting DX11 performance so badly.
                      They apparently refactored a lot of the integration for 4.9, check the config options, make sure they are the same between 4.8 and 4.9, so maybe thats why there is a difference in performance.

Originally posted by OnlyHorrorOnlyHardcore View Post
                      I would love to and TurfWorks if NVIDIA would me access to do so.

Originally posted by GamerJota View Post
                      AFAIK FaceWorks requires a license?
                      Yes it does.

Comment

How do you get Gameworks? Even though I have associated my github account with UE 4 I still get a 404 on the Github branch page.
                        and the Github setup wiki is approved for 4.3 and 4.6.

Has anything changed with 4.9?
                        Is game works simpler to install now?
                        How do you install it now?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeypoos View Post
                          How do you get Gameworks? Even though I have associated my github account with UE 4 I still get a 404 on the Github branch page.
                          and the Github setup wiki is approved for 4.3 and 4.6.

Has anything changed with 4.9?
                          Is game works simpler to install now?
                          How do you install it now?

Thanks
                          Check my signature for the link. If your getting a 404 error still, then your account is still not associated. The process is no different to previous versions, you have to compile the engine, it'll be a long time before its available as just a drop in plugin.

Comment

Galaxyman I have an email telling me I've added my GitHub association to my Epic games account and I still get a 404 from your link.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeypoos View Post
                              Galaxyman I have an email telling me I've added my GitHub association to my Epic games account and I still get a 404 from your link.
                              Are you able to access the Official UE4 repo? You may need to get in contact with Epic, as I have no control over who doesn't have access, if you have access to the official UE4 repo, you have access to mine.

Comment

What is the UE 4 repo, is it the source code?

Comment

Working...
                                X