NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxwell_77 View Post
    Do I have to deinstall all other Unreal Engine 4 versions from my system when I am using the Gameworks version? Perhaps this could be the problem...
    No, I have about 8 different versions on my machine at the moment, Nor do I think you have to reinstall your OS. Just remove the GameWorks branch, get the latest zip from my branch and follow the instructions carefully. The latest instructions are now in the Readme file of the 4.9.1_NVIDIA_Techs branch
    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Ok, I will do this.

Comment

Okay, WaveWorks Quadtree generator code has now been uploaded. This is still very much a Work in Progress, it can still be a little crash happy when trying to set it up, but after that it runs quite fine. Could still be optimized some more. There are a few caveats to using it:

- Does not work with Static Lighting, causes discoloration and other artifacts, so make sure to turn off precomputed lighting in the World Settings, and run a Light Build at least once.

- Shadows casted onto the water surface look very abnormal in the editor, but appear fine in game.

- Only works with opaque materials at the moment, dont even know what will happen with a translucent material.

- Only flat tessellation, trying to use PN Triangles will result in incorrect behavior

- Only supported on SM5 at the moment.

- Packaging only works if SM4 (D3D10) is disabled in Project Settings. (Under Platforms/Windows - untick DirectX 10 (SM4))

Take a look at the sample project provided on how to set it up, but basically you:

1. Create a new WaveWorks asset and configure

2. Create a new material, use the WaveWorks node to set the Normals and Displacement (Only Flat Tessellation is supported - But it does not really use flat tessellation either, it has its own tessellation and crack fixing code). Dont feed anything in Tessellation Multiplier, it has its own calculation for that.

3. Create a new Blueprint Actor and add a WaveWorksComponent, then assign the material from above, this should then create the quad tree. <-- This is where it can crash. If it does, just restart and try again.

4. Drop the actor into the scene, doesn't matter where, it is infinite in all directions, to adjust the height, adjust the Sea Level variable in the WaveWorksComponent.

Last edited by GalaxyMan2015; 10-20-2015, 12:13 PM.

Comment

holy **** galaxy it looks awesome, i have a question is there a way to cast HBAO+ to hairworks too?
          http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/28631310/Unbenannt.jpg .. looks like it doesnt work if you find something usefull please tell me here

Comment

Originally posted by iuhiuh View Post
            holy **** galaxy it looks awesome, i have a question is there a way to cast HBAO+ to hairworks too?
            http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/28631310/Unbenannt.jpg .. looks like it doesnt work if you find something usefull please tell me here
            I'll add it to my list to take a look, it may need custom handling as the hair is rendered differently to other objects.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
              ....I will also say, this breaks all original WaveWorks functionality, so it can no longer be applied to arbitrary objects. I will eventually provide a plane based object for smaller bodies of water.
              Oh noes that could be a bit of a problem x( are you sure I can't use it with regular meshes (a plane) in this version?

I haven't looked at your quadtree generator yet (I'm compiling the engine atm, might take a while) but I can't help thinking that it might be a bit of an overkill
              In the community ocean project I was able to create -in my eyes- a decent "infinite" plane system by scaling the plane based on the camera height to extend to the horizon (also have the plane follow the camera x,y position).. it is a super simple method that seem to work surprisingly well.
              The shader needs to be based on world position instead of UV's but that can already be done with WaveWorks as far as I remember.

Is it possible to get the previously committed version (without the quadtree) from github? so I can test it out?
              I always wanted to use WaveWorks in the community ocean project but since I was not able to figure out how to read the wave height from code I didn't bothered since it would be kinda useless without buoyancy

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
              WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
              WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

one small question, is there a way to react the hair with the thirdperson character blueprint? like when im going forward..
                here is a screenshot explained but not perfect http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/28633432/Unbenannt.png

edit: should be similar like this one... https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzqp...kzejBOUVU/edit
                Last edited by iuhiuh; 10-20-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Is Turf Effects built into the UE 4 branch yet? An Nvidia blog entry in early august said "We’re building this relatively new technology into our special UE4 branch to put it into the hands of more developers."

It's not listed on the Branch right now Does anyone know when it will be?
                  Last edited by Jakeypoos; 10-20-2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I would like to test sample projects made with Waveworks and/or Turbulence. I saw that sample projects are included in Github's ue4 branches, but I can't download subfolders (only I can download all branch). Could someone upload sample *.uproject here (on mega.co.nz or similar).

Comment

And I use merged branch from https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...1_NVIDIA_Techs

Comment

Hi!
                        I have a problem with HBAO+. I set the r.hbao.enable 1 in ConsoleVariables.ini, enable HBAO+ in the post-processing volume and I can't notice any change in the look of my scene! Even in playmode. Normal AO gives a noticable effect whereas I can't get anything out of HBAO+ even with maximum intensity. I have the 4.9.1 nVidia Techs build. VXGI and Hairworks work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
                          Oh noes that could be a bit of a problem x( are you sure I can't use it with regular meshes (a plane) in this version?

I haven't looked at your quadtree generator yet (I'm compiling the engine atm, might take a while) but I can't help thinking that it might be a bit of an overkill
                          In the community ocean project I was able to create -in my eyes- a decent "infinite" plane system by scaling the plane based on the camera height to extend to the horizon (also have the plane follow the camera x,y position).. it is a super simple method that seem to work surprisingly well.
                          The shader needs to be based on world position instead of UV's but that can already be done with WaveWorks as far as I remember.

Is it possible to get the previously committed version (without the quadtree) from github? so I can test it out?
                          I always wanted to use WaveWorks in the community ocean project but since I was not able to figure out how to read the wave height from code I didn't bothered since it would be kinda useless without buoyancy
                          Its only a temporary limitation, I do plan on getting a plane based component working as well, where u can define the size of the plane, and the density, which could then be used with the community ocean project. In the meantime to use the previous implementation, just fork my branch and roll back the last commit.

Comment

Originally posted by gtx570 View Post
                            I would like to test sample projects made with Waveworks and/or Turbulence. I saw that sample projects are included in Github's ue4 branches, but I can't download subfolders (only I can download all branch). Could someone upload sample *.uproject here (on mega.co.nz or similar).
                            I have added the sample project as a release to my branch so it can be downloaded separately: https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...IDIA_TechDemos

Comment

hi galaxy man. i downloaded the zip file of your ue4 9.1 vxgi (https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...IDIA_Techs)and run the setup,after downloading the files,there was no ue4.sln in the folder,and this is what i get after click on generateproject fileClick image for larger version

Name:	gnerate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1091594

Comment

It can't find your Visual Studio installation. You need to use VS2013 Community Edition or professional, etc. (Express doesn't work as far as I am aware). VS2015 is not supported on 4.9. Basically the issue is at your end.

Comment

Working...
                                X