NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
    Please send me the log files of execution, the above error means nothing to me. And also try download and launch my GameJam game, link is in an earlier post. This was packaged using the exact same engine, and is known to work.
    How would i get the log file? I'm relatively new to this whole thing XP
    Hobbyist trying to go pro.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
      Can you do me a favour, and see if you can run my GameJam game. This is packaged with my branch of the engine in development mode, just want to see if it will actually run for you. I know that this project works, as Allar played my game on his twitch stream.

Link:
      https://mega.nz/#!NkZXVDhA!KmeYGirPz...Vs93fM7EC8mMew

I thought about doing that, but I though it looked a bit needy, may rethink it.

Hi.

I tried your GameJam game and it works for me. About 10fps on my gtx660ti, not much (almost not at all) difference in speed between vxgi quality settings.

Now about turbulence. First of all, thanks for you time and work on it. It works but i have the same problem i had with turbulence-4.7.6 branch. I tried to solve it here. https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/issues/34

Any ideas what can be wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by zlz_showtime View Post
        How would i get the log file? I'm relatively new to this whole thing XP
        Saved\Logs directory of the packaged game. Also just as a note to one of ur above comments. 32-bit builds are not supported by my branch and most likely never will be (not unless I can get 32-bit binaries for all GameWorks techs).

Originally posted by Nigkdo View Post
        Hi.
        Now about turbulence. First of all, thanks for you time and work on it. It works but i have the same problem i had with turbulence-4.7.6 branch. I tried to solve it here. https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/issues/34

Any ideas what can be wrong?
        I have seen your issue on the NVIDIA Github issues page, and infact had made a note to myself here to take a look and see if I experience the same issue. So I do plan to take a look.
        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

I checked both of the folders for each game, and i do not have a 'Saved' folder for either package. Each package just has the 'Content' folder, which has the .pak for each game in a subfolder

Comment

Originally posted by zlz_showtime View Post
            I checked both of the folders for each game, and i do not have a 'Saved' folder for either package. Each package just has the 'Content' folder, which has the .pak for each game in a subfolder
            Thats odd, means it crashed before it could log anything. Can you please zip up one of these packaged projects and send it to me? I want to see if I can run it, and also see if there is anything missing from it.

Comment

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ru99hhmirc...jects.zip?dl=0
              here you go g-man

Comment

Okay just pushed a change to my branch, Apparently I had forgotten to include a packaging fix that was in my build. That is to copy the WaveWorks DLL to the output directory, which is what your packaged project was missing and why it was crashing immediately.

Comment

I am looking for Waveworks and Turbulence tutorials (how to use these things in UE4 and console commands ).

Comment

Originally posted by gtx570 View Post
                    I am looking for Waveworks and Turbulence tutorials (how to use these things in UE4 and console commands ).
                    You probably won't find too much information about them at this time, since they haven't been available to the public prior to the UE4 integration. Also the WaveWorks integration was (from what I can figure) just started, so not all the implementation was done. I am nearly done with the QuadTree infinite plane WaveWorks implementation now, so once that becomes available, it will allow you to just drop in an endless ocean, and create a material to suit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8uxfWVz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	1091514

Just need to fix the state getting destroyed after rendering the WaveWorks object, Edge tessellation, VertexFactory input layout, and then its ready to be released. I will also say, this breaks all original WaveWorks functionality, so it can no longer be applied to arbitrary objects. I will eventually provide a plane based object for smaller bodies of water.
                    Last edited by GalaxyMan2015; 10-20-2015, 12:24 AM.

Comment

I started a new build of the Unreal Engine 4.91 with the hope to get a working packaging function. First I compiled the "Development Editor" Win64 and after this the "Development" Win64. This time I do not compile the ShaderCompileWorker. But then I get the following error:

Name:	error2.JPG
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1091531

The engine crashed after this message. For this reason I built the ShaderCompileWorker. But I get the following error in Visual Studio:

Name:	error3.JPG
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1091532

I will give up to solve this problem. Its really frustrating.

Comment

I have someone running through the build process now and I am also doing the same on a fresh PC. To see if there are in fact any other issues to building/packaging.

@Maxwell_77: Your second error can be rectified, by switching to the "Development Editor" configuration before building ShaderCompilerWorker - You can't compile that particular program in a Game configuration, it has to be one of the Editor configurations

Comment

@GalaxyMan: Thank you very much for your help. I did everything I could do to find the reason for the package problem. I would be very thankful if you could identify what is responsible for this. Building the ShaderCompileWorker works when I am switching back to the "Development Editor". :-)

Comment

Okay so I have built my branch from scratch on a new machine, and then packaged a test project, and launched it with no issues. So my branch is absolutely fine now. So please follow the instructions very carefully. If you are still unable to package, then all I can say is there must be something local to your machine (or you didn't follow the instructions) preventing you from being able to package.

Comment

Thank you for taking your time for this. As you said there must be an issue in some of my configurations. I guess I have to reinstall my operating sytem to solve this issue.

Comment

Do I have to deinstall all other Unreal Engine 4 versions from my system when I am using the Gameworks version? Perhaps this could be the problem...

Comment

Working...
                                X