Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone know how to use Turbulence ? Tried messing about with it but can't get it to do anything. Do you need APEX particles ?

    Comment


      Originally posted by Maxwell_77 View Post
      @GalaxyMan: I compiled everything again as you described. After this I use the package option for two of my VXGI projects. The build process was successfull. But the problem is the same. The .exe files are not working. I click on it and nothing happens. Normally everything should now work without any problems...What can be responsible for this?
      I would need to see the project you are trying to package, to be able to help further. Is it possible for you to send it to me?
      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

      Comment


        Yes I can send you the project. But my test project is nothing special. I use the standard environment with the 2 chairs and the table. The only thing I did was to activate VXGI and HBAO+. Then I start the Packaging. I tried also to launch the project in the Editor. This do not work, too. I get this error:

        Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	1091421

        I have sent you a private message with the link to the full log file.
        Last edited by Maxwell_77; 10-18-2015, 04:45 AM.

        Comment


          Hey GalaxyMan may I suggest put the donate link in your signature as well. Cheers and keep up the great work.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Maxwell_77 View Post
            Yes I can send you the project. But my test project is nothing special. I use the standard environment with the 2 chairs and the table. The only thing I did was to activate VXGI and HBAO+. Then I start the Packaging. I tried also to launch the project in the Editor. This do not work, too. I get this error:
            Can you do me a favour, and see if you can run my GameJam game. This is packaged with my branch of the engine in development mode, just want to see if it will actually run for you. I know that this project works, as Allar played my game on his twitch stream.

            Link:
            https://mega.nz/#!NkZXVDhA!KmeYGirPz...Vs93fM7EC8mMew

            Originally posted by srmojuze View Post
            Hey GalaxyMan may I suggest put the donate link in your signature as well. Cheers and keep up the great work.
            I thought about doing that, but I though it looked a bit needy, may rethink it.
            NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
            Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

            Comment


              Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
              Can you do me a favour, and see if you can run my GameJam game. This is packaged with my branch of the engine in development mode, just want to see if it will actually run for you. I know that this project works, as Allar played my game on his twitch stream.

              Link:
              https://mega.nz/#!NkZXVDhA!KmeYGirPz...Vs93fM7EC8mMew
              At "low" Global Illumination settings, runs at a silky smooth 180 fps. At "medium" it went straight to 18 fps, and I didn't even attempt "high" or "epic".

              Tested with: GTX 780 3gb, i7-5930k @4.4 GHz, 32gb ram.

              Comment


                Well Low is actually turned off - Didnt have time to change the menu and call it off. It was not optimized for VXGI in the end, so I defaulted it to off. Would have loved to get it actually properly working, but yeah time ran out.
                NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                Comment


                  Hi,

                  Is there any guide on how to build the GalaxyMan branch ?

                  Tried vs 2013 / 2015, fails with various reasons.

                  Nvidia branches and official unreal works with pressing one button but sadly here is not the case
                  Last edited by GameKittens; 10-18-2015, 07:02 AM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by rt974 View Post
                    Hi,

                    Is there any guide on how to build the GalaxyMan branch ?

                    Tried vs 2013 / 2015, fails with various reasons.

                    Nvidia branches and official unreal works with pressing one button but sadly here is not the case
                    Try following this guide: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post397881

                    If it still fails, then please show the error messages, not much can be done without knowing what the issue is.
                    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                    Comment


                      @GalaxyMan
                      So I've been following behind what you said to Maxwell, but i ran into some errors:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	UE4_BuildError.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1091432

                      Also as a note, What i was doing when the errors started to occur, was trying to put waveworks in, but the project was literally what you start with when you start the project without the starter content, if that gives you any help in identifying anything.
                      Last edited by zlz_showtime; 10-18-2015, 08:59 AM.
                      Hobbyist trying to go pro.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by zlz_showtime View Post
                        @GalaxyMan
                        So I've been following behind what you said to Maxwell, but i ran into some errors:

                        Also as a note, What i was doing when the errors started to occur, was trying to put waveworks in, but the project was literally what you start with when you start the project without the starter content, if that gives you any help in identifying anything.
                        Im not sure whats going on, but something is wrong with your configuration, none of those errors should be occurring at all. Try not building the entire solution, just build UE4
                        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                        Comment


                          Well, so now it build, but it instantly shows me the "Unreal Engine has stopped working" with this as the additional info:
                          Problem signature:
                          Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
                          Application Name: UE4Game.exe
                          Application Version: 4.9.1.0
                          Application Timestamp: 5622e317
                          Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
                          Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.19018
                          Fault Module Timestamp: 560a0094
                          Exception Code: c06d007e
                          Exception Offset: 000000000000b3dd
                          OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
                          Locale ID: 1033
                          Additional Information 1: ceec
                          Additional Information 2: ceec07376268079425697e9f1dc9a0c8
                          Additional Information 3: 4439
                          Additional Information 4: 4439e61f5362026f0e548ba66c728870
                          Last edited by zlz_showtime; 10-18-2015, 12:19 PM.
                          Hobbyist trying to go pro.

                          Comment


                            Also, did some more testing:
                            32bit pkg will fail, with a binary error
                            64bit pkg will complete, but will instantly crash on boot.
                            Does the same thing for the base project and the wavewoks project
                            Hobbyist trying to go pro.

                            Comment


                              Please send me the log files of execution, the above error means nothing to me. And also try download and launch my GameJam game, link is in an earlier post. This was packaged using the exact same engine, and is known to work.
                              Last edited by GalaxyMan2015; 10-18-2015, 01:27 PM.
                              NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                              Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                              Comment


                                Just going to drop this here, been working on WaveWorks QuadTree integration, so infinite water planes.

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	FAqd6Iw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	1091435

                                Coming soon.
                                NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                                Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X