No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My branch, yes. I have compiled UE4Game.exe in development and shipping and successfully packaged my GameJam game in both Development and Shipping using my version of the branch.
    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Perfect. :-)

Comment

Is Turbulence the forerunner to Flameworks ? It's just that Nvidia don't seem to mention it much on the Gameworks site.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaosrik View Post
          Is Turbulence the forerunner to Flameworks ? It's just that Nvidia don't seem to mention it much on the Gameworks site.
          As far as I am aware, and Im pretty sure it was mentioned earlier, FlameWorks became a part of Turbulence

Comment

@GalaxyMan
            Unfortunately I have still problems to package my projects. I have compiled the „Development Editor win64“ and „Debug Game Win64“ with your updated branch. This time everything was fine. I get also the UE4Game.exe. After this I renamed the "UE4Game-Win64-DebugGame.target.xml" in Engine/Build/Receipts to "UE4Game-Win64-Development.target.xml".

The final step was to package my project for Windows 64 in the Development mode. I get all the files I want. But my joy was short-lived. As I tried to start the ".exe" nothing happens. What could be the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxwell_77 View Post
              @GalaxyMan
              Unfortunately I have still problems to package my projects. I have compiled the „Development Editor win64“ and „Debug Game Win64“ with your updated branch. This time everything was fine. I get also the UE4Game.exe. After this I renamed the "UE4Game-Win64-DebugGame.target.xml" in Engine/Build/Receipts to "UE4Game-Win64-Development.target.xml".

The final step was to package my project for Windows 64 in the Development mode. I get all the files I want. But my joy was short-lived. As I tried to start the ".exe" nothing happens. What could be the problem?
              Don't do the rename of the Target files, I have never needed to do that, I suspect that is breaking it, as that was a workaround for another issue. Just build Development Editor Win64 and Development Win64 targets, then try packaging.

Comment

Ah, ok. Thank you for this information. :-)

Comment

What do you mean with "Win64 targets" ?

Comment

What do you mean with "Win64 targets" ?
                    The "Development Editor" and "Development" Configurations for Win64. The "Development" configuration builds the UE4Game.exe required.

Comment

I will start a new try now. :-) As I understood I need to compile in Visual Studio first the "Development Editor" Win64 and after this the "Configurations" Win64, right? Sorry for the many questions. The whole topic is a bit confusing for me.

Comment

I will start a new try now. :-) As I understood I need to compile in Visual Studio first the "Development Editor" Win64 and after this the "Configurations" Win64, right? Sorry for the many questions. The whole topic is a bit confusing for me.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	NqFcHGB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1091399

Refer to the screenshot. Build the green one first, followed by the red one.

Comment

Thank you. The screenshot is a great help.

Comment

The ShaderCompileWorker must always be recompiled, right?

Comment

The ShaderCompileWorker must always be recompiled, right?
                              Doesn't hurt to do so, but really it should only need to be recompiled the first time (To change the internal version from 1 to 1000)

Comment

@GalaxyMan: I compiled everything again as you described. After this I use the package option for two of my VXGI projects. The build process was successfull. But the problem is the same. The .exe files are not working. I click on it and nothing happens. Normally everything should now work without any problems...What can be responsible for this?

Comment

Working...
                                X