No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@iuhiuh Sorry, at the moment I am unsure what to do. As I understood I select "Development Editor Win64" from the dropdown menu. After that I click on UE4 in the Solution Explorer and select "Build Solution", right? All the same I should do with "DebugGame Win64"...The last thing which has to be done is then the file renaming...

Comment

yep exactly what you said choose developement editor win64 and then build ue4 and then next step the same with debugGame win64 or if that debuggame fails, try to use DebugGame editor
      and than last step : Rename the "UE4Game-Win64-DebugGame.target.xml" in Engine/Build/Receipts to "UE4Game-Win64-Development.target.xml"

Comment

@iuhiuh Thank you very much! :-)

Comment

@iuhiuh One last question... ;-) When I start from scratch the first thing I have to do is to compile the Engine as described in the tutorials which were published here, right? After that I build the "Development Editor win64" and the "debug editor win64"?
          At the moment I get compiling errors in Visual Studio. For this reason it is the best to start from scratch again.
          Last edited by Maxwell_77; 10-15-2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

is there a way to make hairworks work with morph targets?
            so that for example a beard moves correct when the mouth is opend by morph targets.
            it seems to work just for bones =(
            Last edited by schauk; 10-15-2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I am frustrated at the moment. I did everything to create the UEGame.exe for packaging my projects. But I get always compile errors in Visual Studio. I dont know where the mistake is. First, I selected "Development Editor Win64" in the dropdown menu in Visual Studio. I selected the UE4 icon in the Solution Explorer, right click "build". When everything is finished I selected "debugGame win64" in the pulldown menu. Then right click on the UE4 symbol (Solution Explorer) and start building. So far, so good. But then this happens:

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1091305

What is going on there? What am I doing wrong?!

Comment

Unreal Engine 4.9 VXGI commands (press ~ ):

r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionScale
                Scale factor for the voxel AO result.
                1.0 = default

r.VXGI.CombineSpecularWithSSR
                Defines if VXGI specular tracing fills is combined with SSR or replaces it
                0 = replace (default);
                1 = combine;

r.VXGI.CompositingMode
                0 = add the VXGI diffuse result over the UE lighting using additive blending (default);
                1 = visualize the VXGI indirect lighting only, with no albedo and no AO;
                2 = visualize the direct lighting only;

r.VXGI.DebugBlendOutput
                Alpha blend debug output
                0 = disable (default);
                1 = enable;

r.VXGI.DebugClipmapLevel
                Current clipmap level visualized (for opacity and emittance debug modes)
                15 = visualize all levels at once (default);

r.VXGI.DebugVoxelsToSkip
                Number of initial voxels to skip in the ray casting if r.VXGI.DebugMode !=0 ;
                0 = default;

r.VXGI.DiffuseMaterialsEnable
                Whether to include diffuse lighting in the VXGI voxelized emittance
                0 = disable;
                1 = enable (default);

r.VXGI.DiffuseTracingEnable
                Whether to enable VXGI indirect lighting
                0 = disable;
                1 = enable (default);

r.VXGI.EmissiveMaterialsEnable
                Whethet to include emissive materials in the VXGI voxelized emittance.
                0 = disable;
                1 = enable (default);

r.VXGI.Emittance6D
                Whether to use 6 emittance projections per voxel
                0 = 3 projections;
                1 = 6 projections (default);

r.VXGI.EmittanceInterpolationEnable
                Whether to interpolate between downsampled and directly voxelized emittance in coarse levels of detail. Sometimes

this interpolation makes illumination smoother when the camera moves
                0 = disable (default);
                1 = enable;

r.VXGI.EmittanceShadingMode
                0 = use diffuse color = base color - base color + metallic (default);
                1 = use diffuse color = base color;

r.VXGI.EmittanceShadowCascade
                Restrict the emittance shadowing to a single cascade
                <0 use all cascades, otherwise the index of the cascade to use;
                1 = default;

r.VXGI.EmittanceShadowEnable
                Whether to enable the emittance shadow term
                0 = disable;
                1 = enable (default);

r.VXGI.EmittanceShadowQuality
                0 = no flickering;
                1 = 2x2 samples (default);

r.VXGI.EmittanceStorageScale
                Multiplier for the values stored in VXGI emittance textures (any value greater than zero).
                1 = default

r.VXGI.ForceDisableTonemapper
                Disable tonemapping
                0 = false (enables tonemapping, default);

r.VXGI.ForceFrontCounterClockwise
                0 = default;

r.VXGI.ForceTwoSided
                0 = default;

r.VXGI.GSPassThroughEnable
                Enables the use of Maxwell geometry shader pass - through feature for voxelization, only effective when value

r.VXGI.NvidiaExtensionsEnable=1
                0 = disable;
                1 = enable (default);

r.VXGI.HighQualityEmittanceDownsamplingEnable
                Whether to use a larger triangular filter for emittance downsampling
                0 = disable (default);
                1 = enable;

r.VXGI.MapSize
                Size of every VXGI clipmap level in voxels. Valid values are 16,32,64,128,256.
                128 = default;

r.VXGI.MultiBounceEnable
                Whether to enable multi-bounce diffuse VXGI
                0 = disable (default);
                1 = enable;

r.VXGI.MultiBounceNormalizationEnable
                Whether to try preventing the indirect irradiance from blowing up exponentially due to high feedback.
                0 = disable;
                1 = enable (default);

r.VXGI.NvidiaExtensionsEnable
                Controls of use of NVIDIA specific D3D extensions by VXGI
                0 = disable;
                1 = enable (default);

r.VXGI.Opacity6D
                Whether to use 6 opacity projections per voxel
                0 = 3 projections;
                1 - 6 projections (default);

r.VXGI.Range
                Size of finest clipmap level in world units
                60 = default;

r.VXGI.RoughnessOverride
                Override the GBuffer roughness
                0 = default;

r.VXGI.SpecularTracingEnable
                Whether to enable VXGI reflections
                0 = disable;
                1 = enable (default);

r.VXGI.StackLevels
                Number of clip stack levels in VXGI clipmap (values 1-5)
                5 = default;

r.VXGI.StoreEmittanceInHDRFormat
                Format of VXGI emittance voxel textures
                0 = UNORM8;
                1 = FP16 (Maxwell) or FP32 (other supported GPU's);

r.VXGI.TemporalReprojectionEnable
                0 = disable;
                1 = enable (default);

r.VXGI.ViewOffsetScale
                Scale factor for the distance between the camera and VXGI clipmap anchor point
                1.0 = default

r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode
                Set voxel AO mode
                ??? = default;

I would like to download all integrated NVIDIA Gameworks functions in one package. Recently I tried VXGI branch and it works fine, but for Turbulence, Waveworks, Hairworks etc. I have to download every branch separately ... I hope that someone will upload full UE4 with all Gameworks options or maybe another solution exists.
                Also I have question for NVIDIA : when will be release NVIDIA FLEX for Fermi-based video cards ? I have good old GTX570 and I have CUDA 2.0, so FLEX doesn't work for me, but I heard about coming FLEX for all DirectX 11 graphics cards.
                Last edited by gtx570; 10-15-2015, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxwell_77 View Post
                  I am frustrated at the moment. I did everything to create the UEGame.exe for packaging my projects. But I get always compile errors in Visual Studio. I dont know where the mistake is. First, I selected "Development Editor Win64" in the dropdown menu in Visual Studio. I selected the UE4 icon in the Solution Explorer, right click "build". When everything is finished I selected "debugGame win64" in the pulldown menu. Then right click on the UE4 symbol (Solution Explorer) and start building. So far, so good. But then this happens:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61382[/ATTACH]

What is going on there? What am I doing wrong?!
                  Ah finally an error I recognize, they are the same errors I was getting and then fixed with a commit, I'll submit my commit tomorrow to my branch and you can apply those changes to your code.
                  NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                  Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by gtx570 View Post
                    I would like to download all integrated NVIDIA Gameworks functions in one package. Recently I tried VXGI branch and it works fine, but for Turbulence, Waveworks, Hairworks etc. I have to download every branch separately ... I hope that someone will upload full UE4 with all Gameworks options or maybe another solution exists.
                    Here you go: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post391404

Contains everything but Turbulence. I recently recieved some DLL's from Alexey that will hopefully be compatible with the version of PhysX used in 4.9. So hopefully Turbulence will come soon.

Comment

Any One Give Me The Tutorial Link Of Flex And WaveWorks....

Comment

@GalaxyMan: Thank you for your help. :-) I appreciate this very much.

Comment

Good news for people who were waiting for Turbulence integration, it has arrived. Thanks to Alexey for getting a version of the APEX DLLs that work with 4.9. Please try it out and let me know if there are any issues, as I haven't had a chance to thoroughly test it, the NVIDIA sample project works fine with it.

Also contains some packaging fixes. This will allow you to package for Development 64-bit. I am working on some fixes to be able to package for Shipping 64-bit. I dont think there will be any support for 32-bit any time soon.

@Maxwell_77: This commit: https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...795442691922dc is the VXGI packaging fix, you should be able to take that commit and force apply it to the NVIDIA branch.

Link: https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...1_NVIDIA_Techs

Don't forget, if you are happy with the work I am doing and wish to, you can donate here: Donate
                          Last edited by GalaxyMan2015; 10-17-2015, 04:22 AM.

Comment

@GalaxyMan2015: Hey buddy...Can you please put up your Nvidia Github link as your signature? It would help a lot of future users trying to find it.
                            Unreal Issue Tracker - Desktop App for Unreal Engine Issues
                            Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!

Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

[PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
                            [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
                            [Marketplace] Vehicle Soccer Template
                            [Marketplace] Objective Waypoint System
                            My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
                            Your Friendly Neighborhood
                            Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                              @GalaxyMan2015: Hey buddy...Can you please put up your Nvidia Github link as your signature? It would help a lot of future users trying to find it.
                              Somehow that never even occurred to me. And its done.

Also updated my branch, packaging for Shipping 64-bit now works and integrated HairWorks 1.1.1
                              Last edited by GalaxyMan2015; 10-17-2015, 04:22 AM.

Comment

@GalaxyMan: Can I compile the "UE4Game.exe" with the new branch without the problems I described?

Comment

Working...
                                X