NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I should use newer SDK?
    Edit: I needed 8.1 SDK, I had it installed, but some files were installed on D:, I don't know how (a whole folder named um)
    Edit2: I'm so awesome, I could build it just to notice I downloaded the wrong version (not 4.9.1_NVIDIA_Techs, but release branch 4.7.3 without Nvidia Gameworks)
    At least I can build it now
    Last edited by Kalman11; 10-09-2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

So, after much torment, I moved forward, but again got some problems.
      At the moment, I have successfully completed the file "GenerateProjectFiles.bat" and received "UE4.sln" but when I try to build it, I get the error:

The program "UnrealBuildTool.exe" has unexpectedly finished ...

Code:
      "Error 1 error MSB3073: The command" .. \ .. \ Build \ BatchFiles \ Rebuild.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development "exited with code -532462766. C: \ Program Files (x86) \ MSBuild \ Microsoft.Cpp \ v4.0 \ V120 \ Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 43 5 UE4"

Comment

Originally posted by Lord-Kvento View Post
        So, after much torment, I moved forward, but again got some problems.
        At the moment, I have successfully completed the file "GenerateProjectFiles.bat" and received "UE4.sln" but when I try to build it, I get the error:

The program "UnrealBuildTool.exe" has unexpectedly finished ...

Code:
        "Error 1 error MSB3073: The command" .. \ .. \ Build \ BatchFiles \ Rebuild.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development "exited with code -532462766. C: \ Program Files (x86) \ MSBuild \ Microsoft.Cpp \ v4.0 \ V120 \ Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 43 5 UE4"
        Only thing I can suggest is reinstall .NET Framework 4. Appears to be a .NET Framework exception.
        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
          Only thing I can suggest is reinstall .NET Framework 4. Appears to be a .NET Framework exception.
          Thanks for the help, the process of building went on, but the error still remains, she just came later.

Code:
          "Error	1	error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development" exited with code -532462766.	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets	43	5	UE4"
          Last edited by Lord-Kvento; 10-09-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

is it easy to isolate just the HBAO+? That's all I really want out of life.
            Trent Polack (@mittense)
            Personal Site | Development Blog | Joy Machine

Comment

Your best bet would be to take the 4.9 VXGI branch from NVIDIA, and just not enable VXGI. (Or even compile it out). Then just make sure to add "r.hbao.enable 1" to the ConsoleVariables.ini

Comment

I was completely unable to reliably compile out VXGI. It was weird. Even after disabling it and removing the preprocessor define for it.
                Trent Polack (@mittense)
                Personal Site | Development Blog | Joy Machine

Comment

There was an issue in an earlier build, but Alexey has fixed that (It seems thats part of his build, you can either use his build, or cherry pick the commit over to the official branch), please refer to: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post384080

Should only have to set WITH_GFSDK_VXGI=0

Comment

Please explain in more detail what to do with the file "GFSDK_VXGI_r0.9_19557187.zip"?

From "NVIDIA VXGI 0.9. Documentation" I can not understand.

What does the "Add a reference to GFSDK_VXGI_x64.lib or GFSDK_VXGI_x86.lib."?
                    And it is "Put GFSDK_VXGI_x64.dll or GFSDK_VXGI_x86.dll into the output directory of the project."?

I just installed Win 8 on Virtual Box, and I started to build on Win 8 x64, and the previous error did not appear anymore. But now I got another error:
                    Code:
                    Error 1 error LNK1181: can not open input file 'GFSDK_VXGId_x86.lib' C: \ UnrealEngine \ Engine \ Intermediate \ ProjectFiles \ LINK UE4

Error 2 error: Failed to produce item: C: \ UnrealEngine \ Engine \ Binaries \ Win32 \ UE4Game-Win32-Debug.exe C: \ UnrealEngine \ Engine \ Intermediate \ ProjectFiles \ ERROR UE4

Error	3	error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Game Win32 Debug" exited with code -1.	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets	38	5	UE4
                    As can be seen the first error associated with GFSDK.

It looks like I have a new hobby - collecting bugs VS!))

Comment

Is there any console command to disable VXGI runtime like HBAO (r.HBAO.Enable 0)?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalman11 View Post
                        Is there any console command to disable VXGI runtime like HBAO (r.HBAO.Enable 0)?
                        Hi it's at: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng..._Overview.pptx
                        Changelog: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.9

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 9.57.12 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	1091135
                        Last edited by srmojuze; 10-11-2015, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Ah thanks, I suppose it's r.VXGI.DiffuseTracingEnable and r.VXGI.SpecularTracingEnable

Comment

So I've been working on a small project with VXGI for a while now, and now that I've gotten used to it it's actually a really nice system. One concern though is lower end spec machines don't even have a hope at running the game. Aside from the obvious ones like 4 cones, sparse tracing of 4 and mapsize of 32, what kind of things can I do to get it working well on lower end hardware? It doesn't even necessarily need to look any better than manually placed point lights, which for now is the alternative option, to manually place a set of point lights to fake GI that are only enabled when VXGI is off. It's obviously not an ideal solution, since I essentially need to do the scene's lighting twice, and you lose a lot of the benefits of having a dynamic system in the first place.

Speaking of, if that really is the limit of how much you can turn it down for more performance, would be a good feature to add in a flag to the lights like I've been doing in the project. Basically, any light that I want on when VXGI is disabled, I end the name with _novxgi, essentially making a blacklist of fill lights that turn off when VXGI is on. It works great, except for the part where in the editor view it always shows both sets of lights even with VXGI enabled. I'm sure a more elegant solution is possible than what I did there.

Comment

I thought the main reason Epic removed VGI was the fact it didnt scale well! I really want to see VXGI take off but maybe its just a bit before its time.

Comment

Please explain where you want to copy a file GFSDK_VXGI_x64.dll or GFSDK_VXGI_x86.dll?

And what does the "Add a reference to GFSDK_VXGI_x64.lib or GFSDK_VXGI_x86.lib."?

Comment

Working...
                                X