NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
    Hi Alexey, are you planning on getting VXGI to work with particles - i.e. having smoke illuminated by bounce lighting, or particles contributing to the voxel emissivity? this was one of the features that stood out for me in the original Elemental tech demo.

Also, distance field shadows don't seem to work with vxgi in the latest 4.9 release.
    Particle lighting is planned, but I can't say when.
    I just did a quick test with DF shadows, and they seem to work as expected for spot lights, but the DF shadow setting does nothing for directional lights, i.e. a regular shadow map is used even when DF is requested. Is that what you observe?

Comment

Originally posted by iFire View Post
      Is it possible to have the Nvidia VXGI branch compile on Linux? It might require a switch to disable VXGI. Linux support is blocking me from considering VXGI because there isn’t a fallback to standard Unreal features. The ability to deploy to multiple platforms with the same project is fairly important.

Another similar request would be the ability to deploy to Nvidia Shield / Android devices with VXGI disabled (I don't believe VXGI works on opengl.)
      I'll take a look at building the VXGI branch for Linux. It shouldn't be too hard to just disable VXGI completely based on platform.

VXGI can work on OpenGL - although it requires a special build, and there is no GL integration code for UE4.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
        Well the bad news is, Turbulence won't make it in. It uses an older version of the PhysX SDK. And is not compatible. If Alexey or Mike sees this, is it possible for me to get a version of the Turbulence DLL's and libs that are compatible with UE4.9.1? So I can merge it in with the other GameWork techs.
        I'll pass your request to Mike.

EDIT: I sent you the new DLLs, see the PM.
        Last edited by Alexey.Panteleev; 10-05-2015, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	wait.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1088758 Can't wait xD
          Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Hi people, is there any documentation on using this game-works integration build? (4.9 with with VXGI, HBAO, hairworks, and all that good stuff); As in settings and how to change them - I want to edit stuff like HBAO intensity, colorbleed of vxgi etc.

Comment

Originally posted by srmojuze View Post
              Has anyone tried VXGI on AMD? Hard to find resources whether it will work well on AMD (probably not the NvPhysX branch anyway?).
              I've only used VXGI on my HD 7850, it absolutely works but as you'd expect it's too much for that class of GPU.

I haven't seen anyone anywhere with one of the current high end AMD cards trying it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post

Hi Alexey, I replied to your PM.

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]59878[/ATTACH] Can't wait xD
                Unfortunately you will need to wait a little longer, still having issues building.

Originally posted by somawheels View Post
                Hi people, is there any documentation on using this game-works integration build? (4.9 with with VXGI, HBAO, hairworks, and all that good stuff); As in settings and how to change them - I want to edit stuff like HBAO intensity, colorbleed of vxgi etc.
                There is some doco in my branch, check the root directory, there are a couple of doc's on how to configure things for VXGI and HairWorks at least. FLEX there is some doco in the branch somewhere. There is also doco in the official NVIDIA branches.
                NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by Xerithas View Post
                  I've only used VXGI on my HD 7850, it absolutely works but as you'd expect it's too much for that class of GPU.

I haven't seen anyone anywhere with one of the current high end AMD cards trying it out.
                  Cheers, indeed you're the only one who's commented on AMD VXGI from what I've searched.

Comment

I can't get past the Shader Compiler Worker 1/1000 issue.

I've tried rebuilding the program individually with no luck; every time I start up, I get that error.
                    Trent Polack (@mittense)
                    Personal Site | Development Blog | Joy Machine

Comment

Open the console and type "r.hbao.enable 1" its defaulted to disabled by default it seems.
                      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

@Galaxyman, Thanks again.
                        For the record, my question was: Cant get HBAO to work, help!? - I figured it out very soon after posting... but galaxyman replied at supersonic speed so this page did not update before I deleted my message.

Comment

Originally posted by somawheels View Post
                          @Galaxyman, Thanks again.
                          For the record, my question was: Cant get HBAO to work, help!? - I figured it out very soon after posting... but galaxyman replied at supersonic speed so this page did not update before I deleted my message.
                          I'm starting to doubt if GalaxyMan is actually human.

Comment

I think I have a non-stupid question.
                            How can I access the shader/material for hair-works? want that "use with vxgi voxelization" option ticked so hairworks can work with vxgi.

Comment

I'm trying to open a project with VXGI 4.9 Editor, but it compiles shaders for ages. I can see that Editor spawned 4 "Microsoft C/C++ Compiler Driver" processes that consume all the CPU, but there's no sign that the project will open anytime soon... Should I just wait, or is it some sort of anomaly that was not supposed to happen?

Comment

Gah, every time I try to rebuild ShaderCompileWorker I get this:

1>------ Build started: Project: ShaderCompileWorker, Configuration: Development_Program x64 ------
                                1> Creating makefile for ShaderCompileWorker (no existing makefile)
                                1> Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
                                1>EXEC : error : System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'F:\atd\ShaderCompileWorker.uproject'.
                                1> File name: 'F:\atd\ShaderCompileWorker.uproject'
                                1> at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                                1> at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
                                1> at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
                                1> at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
                                1> at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
                                1> at UnrealBuildTool.ModuleRules.ReadAdditionalDependencies(String ProjectFile, String ModuleName) in f:\atd\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\System\RulesCompiler.cs:line 416
                                1> at UnrealBuildTool.RulesCompiler.RulesAssembly.CreateModuleRules(String ModuleName, TargetInfo Target, String& ModuleFileName) in f:\atd\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\System\RulesCompiler.cs:line 1456
                                1> at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.FindOrCreateModuleByName(String ModuleName) in f:\atd\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Configuration\UEBuildTarget.cs:line 3220
                                1> at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryCPP.BindModules() in f:\atd\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Configuration\UEBuildBinary.cs:line 451
                                1> at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.PreBuildSetup(IUEToolChain TargetToolChain) in f:\atd\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Configuration\UEBuildTarget.cs:line 2001
                                1> at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.Build(IUEToolChain TargetToolChain, List`1& OutputItems, List`1& UObjectModules, String& EULAViolationWarning) in f:\atd\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Configuration\UEBuildTarget.cs:line 1714
                                1> at UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.RunUBT(String[] Arguments) in f:\atd\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\System\UnrealBuildTool.cs:line 1810
                                1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development "F:\atd\ShaderCompileWorker.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code -1.
                                ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 3 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
                                Trent Polack (@mittense)
                                Personal Site | Development Blog | Joy Machine

Comment

Working...
                                X