NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
    You don't need to merge anything. This fork (https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine) is a full copy of UE4-4.6.1, with extra branches (WaveWorks, FleX, etc.)

1. Download or clone the https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git
    2. In the Git shell, "git checkout FleX"
    3. Build as usual.
    4. Open the Flex project.
    Greetings and thanks for your awesome stuff you provide us with . I don't use github that much so I don't know all its secrets. I mostly use the download zip option (since github client is bugged for me and I can't even clone anything using it). In this page: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine when I click on branch I can see the whole list from : 4.0 , Flex, Vehicles, Waveworks, master, promoted and release. Clciking on release gets me to this page : https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/release where it says it is 4.6 and not 4.6.1 liek you said. When I click on Flex it brings me to this page: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/FleX , Vehicles brings me to this page: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/Vehicles and WaterWorks brings me to this page: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/WaveWorks

So what shoudl I do? I download the release zip in the release page (where it says 4.6 and I hope it is 4.6.1) and this has all the projects or do I need to download all the other zips from the otehr pages I mentioned to get all different projects which thus making compile your release version then compile each version of your project separately or teh release has all of them and I only need to compile it then compile the projects inside it after that? What If I need to make a project (or use any of your project) to test your 3 works together in the same project, what shoudl I do?

When you say: 2. In the Git shell, "git checkout FleX" what do you mean by that? you mean write that command in Git Shell that installs with Github client? What does it do?

When you will release VXGI, will need a Maxwell card only or my GTX660M cna run it and test it?

Thanks and I hope you answer my questions.

Comment

Isn't the liquid shader for FleX implemented yet?!
      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Looking amazing!!!

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
        So what shoudl I do? I download the release zip in the release page (where it says 4.6 and I hope it is 4.6.1) and this has all the projects or do I need to download all the other zips from the otehr pages I mentioned to get all different projects which thus making compile your release version then compile each version of your project separately or teh release has all of them and I only need to compile it then compile the projects inside it after that? What If I need to make a project (or use any of your project) to test your 3 works together in the same project, what shoudl I do?
        As discussed before, at the moment you can only dowload seperate builds for each feature, you could try to merge them, but better wait when the things are finished and nvidia will do a merged branch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cube2222 View Post
          Looking amazing!!!

As discussed before, at the moment you can only dowload seperate builds for each feature, you could try to merge them, but better wait when the things are finished and nvidia will do a merged branch.
          Oh I see. So, if I want to test flex, I download the zip here : https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/FleX and I compile the engine then I compile the project right? I will wait at least when you get fluids done in flex (I hope soon).

What about VXGI? Do I need a Maxwell card necessarily?

Comment

Great stuff! I have just downloaded and built the WaveWorks branch, went smoothly. One question: I opened the TestProject and noticed lots of cracks in the ocean mesh - probably a T-junction tesselation artifact. Checking the "Crack-free" option in the ocean material didn't help. Is there a way around this?

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
              Its still under development.
              Unreal Issue Tracker - Desktop App for Unreal Engine Issues
              Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!

Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

[PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
              [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
              [Marketplace] Vehicle Soccer Template
              [Marketplace] Objective Waypoint System
              My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
              Your Friendly Neighborhood
              Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

Comment

Originally posted by Rastar View Post
                Great stuff! I have just downloaded and built the WaveWorks branch, went smoothly. One question: I opened the TestProject and noticed lots of cracks in the ocean mesh - probably a T-junction tesselation artifact. Checking the "Crack-free" option in the ocean material didn't help. Is there a way around this?
                By default it is just placed on a BSP brush (unless it has changed recently), you need a higher resolution mesh in order to get a better looking ocean.

I just uploaded the mesh I use for my ocean sim (link in signature), it's a 8192x8192 mesh with around 45k tri's. To use this with WaveWorks make sure to scale it up by 10x in the viewport, otherwise it will be a tiny dense ocean plane. Also make sure your material uses a 1.0 float constant input to the Tessellation slot on the material.

Here's the mesh (anyone can use this, feel free to download it):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3u...ew?usp=sharing

Unzip the file and since it is a *uasset, just copy it into your ProjectName\Content folder.

Hope that helps! I can upload the FBX if you have any issues with it, just let me know.
                Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that! But I think those cracks shouldn't occur independent of mesh size and whether it's a BSP or not. This seems to indicate the algorithm comes up with different tessellation factors for an edge shared by two triangles, and is something maybe worth looking into.

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                    Nope. We'll have an engineer on that starting next week, barring unforeseen crises.

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                      Oh I see. So, if I want to test flex, I download the zip here : https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/FleX and I compile the engine then I compile the project right? I will wait at least when you get fluids done in flex (I hope soon).

What about VXGI? Do I need a Maxwell card necessarily?
                      Downloading the zip as you describe should work. I haven't tried it that way, I use the Git shell (command line, using PowerShell window).

Regarding VXGI and Maxwell, our first release of it here should run on Kepler architecture as well as Maxwell, but of course performance will be much lower with Kepler, and varies depending on which model card you have.

Comment

Downloading the zip as you describe should work. I haven't tried it that way, I use the Git shell (command line, using PowerShell window).

Regarding VXGI and Maxwell, our first release of it here should run on Kepler architecture as well as Maxwell, but of course performance will be much lower with Kepler, and varies depending on which model card you have.
                        Thanks, looking forward to try everything amazing you do.

Comment

I downloaded flex, looked at maps and thought, well it's cool, but how/why would I use it in game...

And then I opened map, with that vortex effects pulling particles from ground. My jaw dropped, I was literally like 5 years old grin with new toy .

Though without some in engine authoring tools, application for it, are still bit limited. I can imagine that with Niagara, integrating new things like runtime vector fields for particle effects will be much easier, than adding new modules for Cascade .
                          https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
                            I downloaded flex, looked at maps and thought, well it's cool, but how/why would I use it in game...

And then I opened map, with that vortex effects pulling particles from ground. My jaw dropped, I was literally like 5 years old grin with new toy .

Though without some in engine authoring tools, application for it, are still bit limited. I can imagine that with Niagara, integrating new things like runtime vector fields for particle effects will be much easier, than adding new modules for Cascade .
                            Yes, we have more work to do on tools and sample content. Have you noticed the demo application lurking in
                            UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX\FLEX-0.25\bin\x64\flexDemoRelease.exe? You might want to have a look, it provides some food for thought regarding what FleX might provide for games. In particular I am interested to see the melting/freezing effects in UE4.
                            --Mike

Comment

Yes, we have more work to do on tools and sample content. Have you noticed the demo application lurking in
                              UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX\FLEX-0.25\bin\x64\flexDemoRelease.exe? You might want to have a look, it provides some food for thought regarding what FleX might provide for games. In particular I am interested to see the melting/freezing effects in UE4.
                              --Mike
                              Awesome!

The myltui layered cloth, looked so good, and that makes to ask question.

Will flex cloth work with characters ? Or is going to be left for APEX ? Cause that multi layered cloth looked very nice, and I can see very nice applications, for more complex character clothing than simple overcoat or single layered robe.

Also melting effect is also awesome, especially if you freeze something and then melt it using higher temperature
                              https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

playing around with the gravity settings was pretty cool, especially with the water

Comment

Working...
                                X