No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, when I tried to rebuild the ShaderCompilerWorker it gave me this error:Click image for larger version

Name:	SHader.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	1088613

Comment

And when I try to build whole project it gives me this.Click image for larger version

Name:	SHader2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	1088614

Comment

and, of course I have the rights to run, tried to run in administrator mode but same error. Sorry for posts.

Comment

Not sure what difference it makes to "Build" and "Rebuild", since I'm very green, but I selected "Build", not, "Rebuild" and I have compiled the shaders just fine and working on compiling the whole project. No errors have cropped up just yet and I am on 200/1521 processes. What process number does yours fail on?

And I also didn't get the "Overwrite file" message at the beginning of downloading the project files from the setup.bat either.

Comment

Originally posted by RynerLuteTLD View Post
            well compiling is failing cause of external reference with the D3D11 and it isn't asking to hit Y/N like it used to, it just goes straight to downloading so I am assuming it is overwriting something when doing that. Tried running as admin, changing where I put it on my pc etc..

https://i.gyazo.com/483752513575bb7a...f63cb4d664.png
            Thats a sign that certain files have been over written. If you are pressing N when prompted and still get the error (or not getting prompted at all), then after setup.bat has finished, copy back over the ThirdParty\NVIDIA\nvapi directory replacing all.

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
            @galaxyman are you getting FPS drop issue?
            Not that I am aware of, but I really didnt do any FPS testing, plus I have a NVIDIA Titan X, so probably would notice.
            NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
            Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Sorry guys it appears that I did miss a couple of files, I have just recently committed them - You should now get prompted to overwrite the files when running setup.bat, answer is still N

Comment

Thanks GalaxyMan.

Comment

Didn't get any prompts even this time (using fresh clone for 4.9.1_Techs) but everything built just fine now Thanks GalaxyMan.
                  https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Hi, i just downloaded it over night, to find
                    Thats a sign that certain files have been over written. If you are pressing N when prompted and still get the error (or not getting prompted at all), then after setup.bat has finished, copy back over the ThirdParty\NVIDIA\nvapi directory replacing all.
                    I don't know what this means -can someone tell me what to replace replace nvapi with what from where.
                    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by somawheels View Post
                      Hi, i just downloaded it over night, to find
                      I don't know what this means -can someone tell me what to replace replace nvapi with what from where.
                      thanks
                      It only matters if u get prompted to replace files when u ran setup.bat and you typed Y (for yes) instead of N (for No). You will find the nvapi directory in the location you placed the files, something like UnrealEngine-4.9.1-release\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\nvapi. You will need to replace them with the contents from the zip in the same location (or revert them if your using a github fork)

Comment

Thanks sooo much.

Comment

WaveWorks works great on other engines: http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/current/834

@ Alexey.Panteleev

What do you think of Cryengine's SVOTI (Sparse Voxel Total Illumination) and how does it compare to VXGI and SVOGI ?

Used here in this game and strangely lablled as SVOGI not SVOTI eventhough it is the latter http://miscreatedgame.com/forums/sho...SFP-09-29-2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d_0YcEueOo

and here : http://www.cryengine.com/community/v...f=309&t=131523
                          Last edited by Nudlegaru; 10-03-2015, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Anyone have any tutorials or a guide for using Waveworks ? Can't seem to find one.

edit. Sorry. Don't worry I worked it out.
                            Last edited by Chaosrik; 10-03-2015, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Where can i find gameworks? All github links seem dead. I press any link and it says 404 Page not found
                              Last edited by HQScanline; 10-03-2015, 11:10 PM.

Comment

You need to be logged into your github account and it has to be linked to your UE4 account otherwise you will get a 404 error. All links are still valid.

Comment

Working...
                                X