No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WaveWorks has been merged now, will work on Turbulence tomorrow. So on track for release tomorrow.
    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
      WaveWorks has been merged now, will work on Turbulence tomorrow. So on track for release tomorrow.
      GalaxyMan, are you sure you are still human?
      Anyways, thank you for your work you put into this (and sharing it with us).

Comment

Very good job man.
        Since Turbulence is now only left and 4.9.2 came out recently, can you possibly update to 4.9.2 the release with everything?
        Are there any major changes between 4.9.1 and 4.9.2? Or not worth it?

Comment

That is awesome, looking forward to playing around with Turbulence.

Comment

Originally posted by RynerLuteTLD View Post
            That is awesome, looking forward to playing around with Turbulence.
            Well the bad news is, Turbulence won't make it in. It uses an older version of the PhysX SDK. And is not compatible. If Alexey or Mike sees this, is it possible for me to get a version of the Turbulence DLL's and libs that are compatible with UE4.9.1? So I can merge it in with the other GameWork techs.

Comment

Originally posted by GamerJota View Post
              Very good job man.
              Since Turbulence is now only left and 4.9.2 came out recently, can you possibly update to 4.9.2 the release with everything?
              Are there any major changes between 4.9.1 and 4.9.2? Or not worth it?
              I plan to release the 4.9.1 branch first, just because that is what I am using for my project currently, then I will look into upgrading it to 4.9.2, I suspect it shouldn't be too difficult for others to do if they don't feel like waiting

Comment

Okay new branch is now available: https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...1_NVIDIA_Techs

Make sure to hit 'N' when asked to overwrite files when running setup.bat, and also rebuild "ShaderCompilerWorker" before running the engine. This contains VXGI, HBAO+, FLEX, HairWorks, and WaveWorks. Unless I get updated DLL's and LIB's, I won't be able to merge Turbulence.

I will look into what it will take to upgrade to 4.9.2 and upgrade accordingly.

Remember, any issues you experience with this branch are not the responsibility of NVIDIA. If you really want to help NVIDIA improve their techs then use their supported branch.

Also, as someone mentioned I should setup a donation option. Here it is: Donate There is absolutely no obligation to do so, but if you want to, it is welcome.
                Last edited by GalaxyMan2015; 10-02-2015, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Okay new branch is now available: https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...1_NVIDIA_Techs

Make sure to hit 'N' when asked to overwrite files when running setup.bat, and also rebuild "ShaderCompilerWorker" before running the engine. This contains VXGI, HBAO+, FLEX, HairWorks, and WaveWorks. Unless I get updated DLL's and LIB's, I won't be able to merge Turbulence.

Remember, any issues you experience with this branch are not the responsibility of NVIDIA. If you really want to help NVIDIA improve their techs then use their supported branch.
                  Thank you!
                  I hope you can get access to those DLLs and libs!

Comment

Me too. I really like turbulence.

Comment

Also, as someone mentioned I should setup a donation option. Here it is: Donate There is absolutely no obligation to do so, but if you want to, it is welcome.
                      well compiling is failing cause of external reference with the D3D11 and it isn't asking to hit Y/N like it used to, it just goes straight to downloading so I am assuming it is overwriting something when doing that. Tried running as admin, changing where I put it on my pc etc..

https://i.gyazo.com/483752513575bb7a...f63cb4d664.png
                      Last edited by RynerLuteTLD; 10-02-2015, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks very much, GalaxyMan

Comment

@galaxyman are you getting FPS drop issue?
                          Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

What does it mean to rebuild ShaderCompilerWorker?

Comment

Originally posted by RynerLuteTLD View Post
                              well compiling is failing cause of external reference with the D3D11 and it isn't asking to hit Y/N like it used to, it just goes straight to downloading so I am assuming it is overwriting something when doing that. Tried running as admin, changing where I put it on my pc etc..

https://i.gyazo.com/483752513575bb7a...f63cb4d664.png
                              Same error here, started with clean clone from github.
                              https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Originally posted by a8523654 View Post
                                What does it mean to rebuild ShaderCompilerWorker?
                                Just manually rebuild ShaderCompilerWorker by right clicking it on solution explorer and select rebuild. But it compiled just fine this time for me, without having to manually build it..
                                https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Working...
                                X