NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RynerLuteTLD View Post
    I am using level streaming but when I hit play it doesn't need to compile shaders at all, it works fine, only issue is when I am trying to output the matinee. I can record using a screen capture tool but then the quality goes down.... If this is the issue then it really needs to be fixed.
    Strange, I had no problems with my UE4 Nvidia VXGI 4.9.1 and Matinee Output ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttsa9R6vxx4 ). The only issue I faced was when exporting frame-by-frame at 4K the video driver kept crashing but at around 3K+ frame-by-frame it was fine. I'm out of ideas regarding your issue
    Last edited by srmojuze; 09-29-2015, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
      Recompile the ShaderCompileWorker and then it should work, I got the same when I first built the 4.9 branch of VXGI without recompiling ShaderCompileWorker.
      When I downloaded the VXGI-4.9 exclusively and tried to rebuild ShaderCompileWorker project, the project became corrupt (Visual Studio marked it with a red "X" and told me that this project has some unresolvable issues). This time I went according to the instructions above, and then recompiled ShaderCompileWorker as an additional step. Everything works now, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
        Strange. When i start building my scene it goes up to 30 - 40. After hit play button or full screen mode it goes to 10 - 5FPS and not coming back to 30. Any lucky guess?
        Alright. Solved this one. I don't know if this is a thing or not. When i increase Screen percentage to 120 and press play im getting low fps which is normal and goes back to editor mode and fps not going up. So i turned down screen percentage back to 100 and disable diffuse tracing by console then bring back DTracing on and press play then go back to editor. Then it everything goes back to normal.
        ------EDIT----------
        Placing fogs causing FPS Drop. Man its so random. Waiting little bit longer is the main solution i think... By the way Quality of new vxgi rocks!
        Last edited by Gandosh; 09-29-2015, 07:51 AM.
        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Alright. Solved this one. I don't know if this is a thing or not. When i increase Screen percentage to 120 and press play im getting low fps which is normal and goes back to editor mode and fps not going up. So i turned down screen percentage back to 100 and disable diffuse tracing by console then bring back DTracing on and press play then go back to editor. Then it everything goes back to normal.
          Ah, that explains it. Glad you found the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by srmojuze View Post
            Ah, that explains it. Glad you found the issue.
            Thank you. Sometimes placing actors causing this issue too. Very very random.

Comment

what version of UE4 is the current PhysX FleX source code based off of?

Comment

Thank you. Sometimes placing actors causing this issue too. Very very random.
                So the moral of the story is that VXGI's problem isn't that it's slow; the problem is that it's impossible to figure out why it's slow. Some scenes I can get 24 fps with a GT 940m, others I can barely get 12 with a GTX 770. And no, the 940m isn't a Maxwell card. It's Kepler in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakblt View Post
                  So the moral of the story is that VXGI's problem isn't that it's slow; the problem is that it's impossible to figure out why it's slow. Some scenes I can get 24 fps with a GT 940m, others I can barely get 12 with a GTX 770. And no, the 940m isn't a Maxwell card. It's Kepler in disguise.
                  i mean in 4.8 was cool. No problem at all. Only 4.9 causing this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakblt View Post
                    @Gandosh's issue was with the Screen Percentage ("super sampling") whereby he was rendering at 120% when playing the scene vs. 100% when in editor. There is probably a bug (in 4.9?) whereby if you set Screen Percentage to 120% or so and then untick it, it might not recognise the change properly. Ie. after changing the Screen Percentage in the PPV, if you want to go back to 100% you should "force" Screen Percentage 100% for editor and playback by keeping Screen Percentage 100% ticked in the PPV even in the editor. So that was causing an overall framerate discrepancy between editing and playback, VXGI notwithstanding.

As for VXGI, @GalaxyMan reckons you can adjust the settings to tweak it better, certainly the more lights you enable as VXGI the more intense things get. Besides number of cones and sparsity, the scenes you mention could have VXGI Specular on as well as VXGI Diffuse. VXGI Specular adds to the workload quite a bit (but is quite nice). There's temporal smoothing or something so that it reduces the graininess, and much more settings to explore too.

In any case, without a Maxwell card, I don't think anyone should expect playable VXGI framerates at this stage. VXGI is certainly geared for Nvidia Maxwell and onwards.

FWIW, I've always found any card below a "60" from Nvidia to be honestly really terrible. Whether it's a 650, 750, 850, or 950 and below, you really need the "60 and above" of Nvidia cards for it to be a worthwhile discrete GPU. Let alone a mobile 940M Kepler, sorry, but I don't think you can expect much from that. I only have a 660M so it's all just a "preview" of VXGI for me for now (although Matinee frame-by-frame output to 3K+ works fine for me, just slow of course).
                    Last edited by srmojuze; 09-29-2015, 11:06 PM.

Comment

So just a quick update for everyone. I have merged VXGI (and HBAO+) and FLEX into my 4.9.1 build. Will be working on HairWorks, then WaveWorks, then Turbulence,probably upload on Friday, unless people want access to the build now?
                      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

you are a god! I don't see why anyone cant wait a 1 or 2 days. your too nice, offering you valuable time like that.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                          So just a quick update for everyone. I have merged VXGI (and HBAO+) and FLEX into my 4.9.1 build. Will be working on HairWorks, then WaveWorks, then Turbulence,probably upload on Friday, unless people want access to the build now?
                          right when you get this going they push out another version with fixes and improvements... Good work though, I think we can all wait a bit.

Comment

Comment

HairWorks now merged in as well, had some difficulties there, now WaveWorks
                              NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                              Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Hi,

How can i move or rotate flex object ? Because set actor location or rotation not working.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                                X