Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
    Guys is there anyone getting hella bad performance? like 10fps on just single emmisive plane with tree? am i missing some configuration ?
    Are you using a Maxwell card and UE4 4.8.x VXGI? Otherwise yeah the best VXGI performance (eg. 20fps-60fps) is from UE4 4.8.x VXGI (4.9.x VXGI not fully optimised yet?) with an Nvidia Titan X, 980 Ti, 980 or 970. Eg. CryZenX can get some good VXGI performance with his setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuulRrnG6gU ...You could try his download and "benchmark" your GPU.

    In any case, there are lots of settings like cone number, sparsity etc. that one can tweak: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng...I_Overview.pdf

    Originally posted by RynerLuteTLD View Post
    Also getting an weird issue with matinee, shaders are compiling whether vxgi is enabled or not... not really sure what is going on but it only happens when using the movie tool to export out the video, doesn't matter if it is in images or an actual video it always has to compile shaders and that ruins the entire cinematic....
    For performance see above, on my GTX 660M, when using VXGI, I can only export smooth image/ video captures using Matinee since obviously with only a mobile Kepler my frame rates are super low.

    I have not encountered the shader compiling issue yet, did you give enough time at the start of project loading to compile all the shaders? In Matinee does it perhaps "load" an object which is not already in the scene(?)
    Last edited by srmojuze; 09-28-2015, 12:48 AM.

    Comment


      i m not very familiar with github; where will i find your releases when they are done galaxy man?

      Comment


        Originally posted by srmojuze View Post
        Are you using a Maxwell card and UE4 4.8.x VXGI? Otherwise yeah the best VXGI performance (eg. 20fps-60fps) is from UE4 4.8.x VXGI (4.9.x VXGI not fully optimised yet?) with an Nvidia Titan X, 980 Ti, 980 or 970. Eg. CryZenX can get some good VXGI performance with his setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuulRrnG6gU ...You could try his download and "benchmark" your GPU.

        In any case, there are lots of settings like cone number, sparsity etc. that one can tweak: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng...I_Overview.pdf



        For performance see above, on my GTX 660M, when using VXGI, I can only export smooth image/ video captures using Matinee since obviously with only a mobile Kepler my frame rates are super low.

        I have not encountered the shader compiling issue yet, did you give enough time at the start of project loading to compile all the shaders? In Matinee does it perhaps "load" an object which is not already in the scene(?)
        im on gtx780, Kepler... right? I was using vxgi 4.8 build just fine. But when i open my project it goes to 2fps no matter what. In 4.8 i had 30 - 45. Then i thought am i missing something like changing some config file... something like that.
        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
          im on gtx780, Kepler... right? I was using vxgi 4.8 build just fine. But when i open my project it goes to 2fps no matter what. In 4.8 i had 30 - 45. Then i thought am i missing something like changing some config file... something like that.
          Yeah only the Nvidia 900 series (and I believe 750 Ti) is Maxwell.

          Nvidia UE4 4.9.1 VXGI Readme says:

          "UE 4.9.1 + VXGI 0.9 CL 19964735

          Changes:

          Upgrade to UE 4.9.1
          Added experimental DX12 support. Maxwell GPU features are not supported in DX12 mode yet.
          Replaced the r.VXGI.DebugMode console variable with new viewport modes.
          Fixed a number of bugs, improved voxelization performance.
          Cleaner integration code, new DX11 rendering backend for VXGI.
          "


          So "New DX11 Rendering Backend for VXGI"... maybe this affects Kepler cards in favour of Maxwell cards? Or maybe it just means that one has to re-tweak VXGI settings using the 4.9.1 VXGI etc. Sounds like the latter, you probably have to dig through settings and maybe .ini files as well as enable/disable lights to troubleshoot.


          Originally posted by somawheels View Post
          i m not very familiar with github; where will i find your releases when they are done galaxy man?
          https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/UnrealEngine <-- Note, this will be a 404 page if you haven't linked your Unreal account to your Github account.


          Edit: NVIDIA BRANDING UPDATE

          Here's the "kitchen sink" of Nvidia branding guidelines and assets including the (updated) "Way It's Meant To Be Played": http://www.nvidia.com/object/partner...ing-tools.html ...Nvidia Gameworks (and PhysX) branding guidelines and assets appears to be separately listed at: https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-logo
          Last edited by srmojuze; 09-28-2015, 12:46 PM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by srmojuze View Post
            Yeah only the Nvidia 900 series (and I believe 750 Ti) is Maxwell.

            Nvidia UE4 4.9.1 VXGI Readme says:

            "UE 4.9.1 + VXGI 0.9 CL 19964735

            Changes:

            Upgrade to UE 4.9.1
            Added experimental DX12 support. Maxwell GPU features are not supported in DX12 mode yet.
            Replaced the r.VXGI.DebugMode console variable with new viewport modes.
            Fixed a number of bugs, improved voxelization performance.
            Cleaner integration code, new DX11 rendering backend for VXGI.
            "


            So "New DX11 Rendering Backend for VXGI"... maybe this affects Kepler cards in favour of Maxwell cards? Or maybe it just means that one has to re-tweak VXGI settings using the 4.9.1 VXGI etc. Sounds like the latter, you probably have to dig through settings and maybe .ini files as well as enable/disable lights to troubleshoot.




            https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/UnrealEngine <-- Note, this will be a 404 page if you haven't linked your Unreal account to your Github account.


            Edit: NVIDIA BRANDING UPDATE

            Here's the "kitchen sink" of Nvidia branding guidelines and assets including the (updated) "Way It's Meant To Be Played": http://www.nvidia.com/object/partner...ing-tools.html ...Nvidia Gameworks (and PhysX) branding guidelines and assets appears to be separately listed at: https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-logo
            yea guess so. If no luck. Im just gonna rollback.
            Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

            Comment


              Hi, folks!
              Have you managed to build and run VXGI-4.9 branch successfully?

              I cloned the VXGI-4.9 branch exclusively via:
              git clone -b VXGI-4.9 --single-branch https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git

              And I can even build it, but it fails when I launch the newly built editor. It stops at 45%, and then spawns a message box that reads:

              Code:
              Expecting ShaderCompilerWorker output version 1, got 1000 instead! 
              Forgot to build ShaderCompilerWorker?
              After a while it prints:
              Code:
              Error
              0 Shader compiler errors compiling DefaultDeferredDecalMaterial for platform PCD3D_SM5:
              \
              \n\
              \nRetry compilation?
              And this is as far as I can get. My issue is similar to this one: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/issues/47
              Is there any workaround?

              Comment


                Originally posted by alexpar View Post
                Hi, folks! Have you managed to build and run VXGI-4.9 branch successfully?
                Hi I did, see my previous post on the steps I followed. I think git cloning the VXGI branch itself may have messed something up for a weird reason. Git cloning the whole thing, doing the specified steps (choosing the VXGI-4.9 branch after git cloning the whole thing), compiling ShaderWorker and UE4 etc., no problem with that.

                Comment


                  Hi everyone
                  For my graduation work I'd like to implement Hairworks in UE4 for a character I'll be making.
                  I didn't read all 56 pages in this thread, but I'm not sure from which git I have to download? Galaxyman or NvPhysX?
                  And it seems HW is only supported until 4.8? Is that correct? (It's not a problem)

                  Also, lastly, PhysX Clothing is the same as the build-in APEX, right?

                  I'll follow this thread for the coming months to follow the progress here!
                  Project Shinrin | Portfolio

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by FloreVanackere View Post
                    Hi everyone
                    For my graduation work I'd like to implement Hairworks in UE4 for a character I'll be making.
                    I didn't read all 56 pages in this thread, but I'm not sure from which git I have to download? Galaxyman or NvPhysX?
                    And it seems HW is only supported until 4.8? Is that correct? (It's not a problem)

                    Also, lastly, PhysX Clothing is the same as the build-in APEX, right?

                    I'll follow this thread for the coming months to follow the progress here!
                    The Galaxyman 4.8 I think is best for VXGI, Flex, HW and HBAO all-in-one: https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...I_FleX_HW_HBAO

                    According to him he'll should have the 4.9 out this week.

                    I'm no expert, just played with VXGI.

                    Apparently Flex is the latest shiniest thing, it's supposed to be a unified physics solver so you just use Flex for particles, fluids, cloth, all with GPU-acceleration etc.

                    Last edited by srmojuze; 09-28-2015, 01:22 PM.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by srmojuze View Post
                      The Galaxyman 4.8 I think is best for VXGI, Flex, HW and HBAO all-in-one: https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...I_FleX_HW_HBAO

                      According to him he'll should have the 4.9 out this week.

                      I'm no expert, just played with VXGI.

                      Apparently Flex is the latest shiniest thing, it's supposed to be a unified physics solver so you just use Flex for particles, fluids, cloth, all with GPU-acceleration etc.

                      Great, thanks!
                      And right, flex, totally forgot that one! Thanks for the video. A big part of my graduation work is research. So I'll see what's best for my project. Thanks!
                      Project Shinrin | Portfolio

                      Comment


                        I think git cloning the VXGI branch itself may have messed something up for a weird reason.
                        That sure is strange. I thought it was the most logical way to clone the only branch necessary.

                        Git cloning the whole thing, doing the specified steps (choosing the VXGI-4.9 branch after git cloning the whole thing), compiling ShaderWorker and UE4 etc., no problem with that.
                        I've seen your post, but I thought that cloning the whole repo is quite an overkill. But since it's not working my way, I'll try to repeat steps from your instructions. Thanks!

                        Comment


                          Strange. When i start building my scene it goes up to 30 - 40. After hit play button or full screen mode it goes to 10 - 5FPS and not coming back to 30. Any lucky guess?
                          Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by srmojuze View Post
                            Are you using a Maxwell card and UE4 4.8.x VXGI? Otherwise yeah the best VXGI performance (eg. 20fps-60fps) is from UE4 4.8.x VXGI (4.9.x VXGI not fully optimised yet?) with an Nvidia Titan X, 980 Ti, 980 or 970. Eg. CryZenX can get some good VXGI performance with his setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuulRrnG6gU ...You could try his download and "benchmark" your GPU.

                            In any case, there are lots of settings like cone number, sparsity etc. that one can tweak: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng...I_Overview.pdf



                            For performance see above, on my GTX 660M, when using VXGI, I can only export smooth image/ video captures using Matinee since obviously with only a mobile Kepler my frame rates are super low.

                            I have not encountered the shader compiling issue yet, did you give enough time at the start of project loading to compile all the shaders? In Matinee does it perhaps "load" an object which is not already in the scene(?)
                            I am using level streaming but when I hit play it doesn't need to compile shaders at all, it works fine, only issue is when I am trying to output the matinee. I can record using a screen capture tool but then the quality goes down.... If this is the issue then it really needs to be fixed.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by alexpar View Post
                              Hi, folks!
                              Have you managed to build and run VXGI-4.9 branch successfully?

                              I cloned the VXGI-4.9 branch exclusively via:
                              git clone -b VXGI-4.9 --single-branch https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git

                              And I can even build it, but it fails when I launch the newly built editor. It stops at 45%, and then spawns a message box that reads:

                              Code:
                              Expecting ShaderCompilerWorker output version 1, got 1000 instead! 
                              Forgot to build ShaderCompilerWorker?
                              After a while it prints:
                              Code:
                              Error
                              0 Shader compiler errors compiling DefaultDeferredDecalMaterial for platform PCD3D_SM5:
                              \
                              \n\
                              \nRetry compilation?
                              And this is as far as I can get. My issue is similar to this one: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/issues/47
                              Is there any workaround?
                              Recompile the ShaderCompileWorker and then it should work, I got the same when I first built the 4.9 branch of VXGI without recompiling ShaderCompileWorker.
                              NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                              Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by somawheels View Post
                                i m not very familiar with github; where will i find your releases when they are done galaxy man?
                                I dont actually make any releases, I leave it up to the end user to compile. The latest branch will probably be something like 4.9_NVIDIA_Techs at my github: https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/UnrealEngine

                                I will make a post when I actually release something, so just keep an eye on this thread.
                                NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                                Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X