No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi this link https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.9 is a official merge for vxgi in ue 4.9????? with new version of vxgi ?? or the vxgi version is the same of ue 4.7 ??

Comment

Thats the official NVIDIA 4.9 VXGI branch.
      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by BrickTop View Post
          Hi Alexey,

I've been able to pinpoint what was causing an issue. I do not need VXGI, only HBAO in my project, but when VXGI is present, the shader compilation is getting really slow (like it's almost unusable in production). Thus, I have successfully used a trick that GalaxyMan showed me, which is setting "Definitions.Add("WITH_GFSDK_VXGI=1");" to 0 in ..\..\Source\ThirdParty\GameWorks\VXGI\VXGI.Build.cs This has worked great in 4.8 version, but if I do it in the newest 4.9, it results in those errors I was getting, and the engine is not built.

So the question - is there any way to work around the problem? Or do I just have to stick with 4.8 til GalaxyMan hopefully releases his version and give that a try?

Thank you!
          Thanks for reporting this.
          The problem is that I forgot to add some #if-s, and certain pieces of code still referenced VXGI when you disable it.
          The fix is easy: https://github.com/apanteleev/Unreal...7f921d79ec1811 (you can switch to my VXGI-4.9 branch to get updates quickly, or apply the patch manually to your working copy).

Comment

Moved the infiltrator scene to VXGi , removed most of the lights near emissive surfaces , Was getting about 40 fps with a Titan X@1240Mhz , Rendered this video using the Movie Output of matinee , Ignore the animations I kinda screwed it up somehow didnt care to fix because it was 4 AM when I did it.

Comment

hi everyone, i have a geforce gtx 970, so i have to check a Vxgi Coverage Supersampling in material for all material ????

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
                hi everyone, i have a geforce gtx 970, so i have to check a Vxgi Coverage Supersampling in material for all material ????
                No. You can check it for small objects' materials, and it works faster on Maxwell than on other GPUs, but you don't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
                  Thanks for reporting this.
                  The problem is that I forgot to add some #if-s, and certain pieces of code still referenced VXGI when you disable it.
                  The fix is easy: https://github.com/apanteleev/Unreal...7f921d79ec1811 (you can switch to my VXGI-4.9 branch to get updates quickly, or apply the patch manually to your working copy).
                  Thanks, Alexey! Everything compiled perfectly with WITH_GFSDK_VXGI=0 this time

Comment

Hi there,

Tried building GalaxyMan's "4.8_NVIDIA_Techs", but encountered the following errors:
                    "Module.D3D11RHI.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol NvAPI_D3D11_CreateRasterizerState referenced in function "protected: struct nvgiutil::FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11::StateSet const & __cdecl nvgiutil::FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11::getStateSet(struct VXGI::RenderState const &)" (?getStateSet@FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11@nvgiutil@@IEAAAEBUStateSet@12@AEBURenderState@VXGI@@@Z)
                    D:\UnrealEngine-4.8_NVIDIA_Techs\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
                    ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: D:\UnrealEngine-4.8_NVIDIA_Techs\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll
                    Total build time: 58186.21 seconds
                    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(43,5): error MSB3075: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
                    ========== Rebuild All: 2 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped =========="
                    Can anyone shed some light here?
                    Btw I'm using Visual Studio Pro 2013 running on Windows 10.

Thanks!

Comment

Make sure to select 'N' when running setup.bat when it prompts you to overwrite files, as it will revert a number of files required by VXGI.

Comment

Hi GalaxyMan,

Thanks, that solved it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by WarGoat View Post

Moved the infiltrator scene to VXGi , removed most of the lights near emissive surfaces , Was getting about 40 fps with a Titan X@1240Mhz , Rendered this video using the Movie Output of matinee , Ignore the animations I kinda screwed it up somehow didnt care to fix because it was 4 AM when I did it.
                          Looks pretty good. Would've appreciated an epilepsy warning though - it gets pretty crazy once the air-robot starts shooting. I assume thats VXGI having a bad time? My retinas still sting ha.

Comment

Other Branches

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                            Make sure to select 'N' when running setup.bat when it prompts you to overwrite files, as it will revert a number of files required by VXGI.
                            Sorry for the tangent guys. GalaxyMan, does your latest build for 4.9.1 also include WaveWorks, Flex etc? I noticed you had a build for 4.8 that had a lot of the Gameworks stuff in it, and you'd mentioned you were going to add WaveWorks if you could.

Setting up a project that I'd like to use WaveWorks in. Currently I'm using the Launcher version of 4.9.1 which addresses some landscape issues, but I'd be happy to compile if I could get access to WaveWorks.

If it's not in this branch, what is the latest build that supports WaveWorks?

Thanks so much for this, it's great!!

ff.

Comment

hey galaxy man have you tried getting flex 0.9.0 into VXGI for 4.9.1 ? I have tried it myself but am getting errors so I gave up. Hairworks was integrated easily just trying to get VXGI but figured I would leave that to the professionals.

Comment

I havent tried myself yet, planning on giving it a go over the weekend, I have the VXGI 4.9 branch as my base, I will merge all the others into this one, so hopefully by Sunday I will have something to show.

Comment

Working...
                                X