NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
    Please don't expect updates to branches other than VXGI in the near future.
    So that means everything but VXGI is on hold as far as development goes? That would be a real pity!
    ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

It's probably worth upgrading your branch if there aren't too many breaking changes in 4.9. Like I said earlier, porting VXGI to 4.9 took me a day because of all the RHI changes; HBAO+ was simpler.

Comment

Hi
        How to run ue4.9 vxgi on dx12 ?
        Please explain
        Sorry for noob question

Comment

Originally posted by naserpoor View Post
          Hi
          How to run ue4.9 vxgi on dx12 ?
          Please explain
          Sorry for noob question
          Download and compile the 4.9 VXGI branch of NVIDIA's then run the engine with D3D12 command line switch (so UE4Editor.exe -D3D12) or add it to the debugging command line options in Visual Studio.
          NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
          Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
            Download and compile the 4.9 VXGI branch of NVIDIA's then run the engine with D3D12 command line switch (so UE4Editor.exe -D3D12) or add it to the debugging command line options in Visual Studio.
            Thanks
            I couldn't find command line.
            Could you show it by image please ?
            I'm begginer in ue4.

(Translated by Google translate)

Comment

I'm not sure if it's really a bug, maybe it's something wrong with my project, but could anyone try entering 0 into the number of diffuse cones and see if it crashes? (I'm still using the 4.8 Version by GalaxyMan)
              I did it by accident and the engine just froze completely, luckily I was doing nothing serious...

Comment

Cannot compile newest 4.9 branch (https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.9).

Getting like 13 errors, main of which I suspect is

Error 12 error : Failed to produce item: .....\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-UnrealEd.lib .....\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR UE4

And it's not generating Editor executable, which makes sense I guess, provided that it fails to build. I tried the old "copy NVIDIA api files" trick, but no dice.

Please advice. Never ran into this with older branches or with GalaxyMan's ones.

Thank you.

Comment

Something to note: when launching the editor, it reports version as "4.7.4".

-- EDIT --
                  Sorry, my mistake. When I cloned the repo, I didn't realize I had accidentally selected the incorrect one. I'm cloning and compiling the proper one now (https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.9). I'll edit again if the version issue is still there!
                  -- /EDIT --

-- EDIT 2 --
                  Just cloned that repo above, and it still has the version listed as 4.7.4 AND I'm not seeing anything related to VXGI or HBAO+. Compiled fine, but the sample maps/projects are not present, and there are no settings anywhere (post processing, lights, materials, etc). Was there a mistake on my end, or was there a mistake with this latest repo, and it's basically just core Epic 4.7.4 UE4?
                  -- /EDIT 2 --
                  Last edited by Derjyn; 09-19-2015, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Anyone here tested the new 4.9 branch on a 980+ GPU running in DX12 yet?

I haven't upgraded to Win10 yet so i haven't been able to test it out, was curious as to the performance difference if any in this early stage?

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Ancient Cistern | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 1 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 2 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 3 | Texture Pack Ed. 1 | Container Pack Ed. 1 | Road Sign Pack Ed. 1

Comment

Originally posted by Derjyn View Post
                      Something to note: when launching the editor, it reports version as "4.7.4".

-- EDIT --
                      Sorry, my mistake. When I cloned the repo, I didn't realize I had accidentally selected the incorrect one. I'm cloning and compiling the proper one now (https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.9). I'll edit again if the version issue is still there!
                      -- /EDIT --

-- EDIT 2 --
                      Just cloned that repo above, and it still has the version listed as 4.7.4 AND I'm not seeing anything related to VXGI or HBAO+. Compiled fine, but the sample maps/projects are not present, and there are no settings anywhere (post processing, lights, materials, etc). Was there a mistake on my end, or was there a mistake with this latest repo, and it's basically just core Epic 4.7.4 UE4?
                      -- /EDIT 2 --
                      Use gits shell. Change dir to where you want the build to live in (e. cd D:\).

To clone and select the VXGI-4.9 branch (change that name to whatever branch or tag you want else)

Code:
                      git clone git@github.com:NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git -b VXGI-4.9
                      To change your current clone, change dir to inside where it is (e. cd D:\UnrealEngine) and:

Code:
                      git clean -dfx
                      git checkout VXGI-4.9
                      setup
                      generateprojectfiles
                      Read more:

https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2
                      Last edited by Mikand79; 09-20-2015, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Ugh, yeah- I just came back to do a third edit. I needed more coffee, holy cow... Went through wiping and re-cloning 4 times, took all day, then I walked away and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Might help if I actually checked out! Thanks, haha

Originally posted by CharlestonS View Post
                        Anyone here tested the new 4.9 branch on a 980+ GPU running in DX12 yet?

I haven't upgraded to Win10 yet so i haven't been able to test it out, was curious as to the performance difference if any in this early stage?
                        I'll be testing on Windows 10 with DX12, though I'm only running a 750 Ti. I'll report my random findings though- it should provide a peek at lower end cards!
                        Last edited by Derjyn; 09-20-2015, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickTop View Post
                          Cannot compile newest 4.9 branch (https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.9).

Getting like 13 errors, main of which I suspect is

Error 12 error : Failed to produce item: .....\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-UnrealEd.lib .....\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR UE4

And it's not generating Editor executable, which makes sense I guess, provided that it fails to build. I tried the old "copy NVIDIA api files" trick, but no dice.

Please advice. Never ran into this with older branches or with GalaxyMan's ones.

Thank you.
                          The error you pasted here is the summary one, it doesn't describe the issue. In case a clean/rebuild doesn't help, please open the output log and find the _first_ one or two lines containing the word "error".

Comment

Is there anything special we need to do to enable HBAO+ with the latest version? I tinkered with the settings in a post-process volume, but I'm not seeing any changes. Normal AO works, but HBAO isn't working as it did in the previous version.

Comment

Compiled VXGI 4.9 branch without any issues, did a test run on the SciFi hallway (just the regular one with VXGI enabled, not the NVIDIA one). Got around 45fps in D3D11 mode, and around 30fps in D3D12 mode on a NVIDIA Titan X.
                              NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                              Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
                                The error you pasted here is the summary one, it doesn't describe the issue. In case a clean/rebuild doesn't help, please open the output log and find the _first_ one or two lines containing the word "error".
                                Hi Alexey,

I've been able to pinpoint what was causing an issue. I do not need VXGI, only HBAO in my project, but when VXGI is present, the shader compilation is getting really slow (like it's almost unusable in production). Thus, I have successfully used a trick that GalaxyMan showed me, which is setting "Definitions.Add("WITH_GFSDK_VXGI=1");" to 0 in ..\..\Source\ThirdParty\GameWorks\VXGI\VXGI.Build.cs This has worked great in 4.8 version, but if I do it in the newest 4.9, it results in those errors I was getting, and the engine is not built.

So the question - is there any way to work around the problem? Or do I just have to stick with 4.8 til GalaxyMan hopefully releases his version and give that a try?

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X