No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for asking so many questions, but does anybody know how to avoid light leaking on directional lights? Also, are there any plans to support vxgi indirect lighting with stationary lights? I know it seems redundant, but currently when I target low end hardware and have to disable shadows, there's no shadow mapping to fall back on, and I still want to have vxgi on high end systems with the sationary light so that specular tracing has light to recieve.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for sharing this amazing technology, I am using galaxyman build for testing interior archviz
      It's really nice but i'm getting "dark corners" and it kind of crush the quality with small rooms like in my test. It seems like GI does not "reach" these corners

Do you know how to solve this?
      I tried several tricks involving addings lights and playing with GI settings without success. I don't care about the framerate as i'm already getting 8 fps and i'm using the movie tool for a video with a nice framerate
      Last edited by Sunny94; 09-16-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Since you are using my build, try turning HBAO+ off, or reconfigure it.
        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

I have two questions regarding the practicality of using hbao and vxgi in particular: Has Nvidia considered creating the appropriate hooks and extension points to implement gameworks as plugins instead of an engine alteration, and secondly don't both of these products have licensing costs associated with them?
          George Rolfe.
          Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

The GameWorks integrations, and that includes HBAO+ and VXGI will probably never become plugins, unless of course the rendering pipeline is opened up more to plugins (thats up to Epic to do), as it requires integration into the actual rendering pipeline, and plugins only have access to a small part of the rendering.

As for the licensing cost, I will leave that to Mike and Alexey to answer. But I guess you could go and take a look at the NVIDIA Developer website.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
              Since you are using my build, try turning HBAO+ off, or reconfigure it.
              Thank you very much!

When activating my PostProcessVolume and lowering the Power Exponent of HBAO+, i can get rid of these dark corners and get nice soft shadows! Also with the blur radius to 8 pixels, i can push it higher without getting any dark.
              It seems like HBAO+ is overiding the default "whatever dark effect" and therefore you can adjust these shadows by activating it.
              Last edited by Sunny94; 09-17-2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

As far as I can see the HairWorks integration in the GitHub branch is suitable for a proper release, I haven't encountered any problems or limitations. When will it get added to the main branch? 4.10?

Also, is it legal to use the nVidia demo hair assets in commercial projects? Some of them are generic enough that they would be pretty useful to implement verbatim

Comment

I dont think it'll ever be integrated into the actual engine. Im pretty sure I read that somewhere. As for asset usage, I believe Mike Skolones stated that it is okay to use the assets in commerical projects. Read back through this thread, its stated somewhere.

Comment

The VXGI-4.9 branch is on NvPhysX github, based on UE 4.9.1.
                    https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.9

* Upgrade to UE 4.9.1
                    * Added experimental DX12 support. Maxwell GPU features are not supported in DX12 mode yet.
                    * Replaced the r.VXGI.DebugMode console variable with new viewport modes.
                    * Fixed a number of bugs, improved voxelization performance.
                    * Cleaner integration code, new DX11 rendering backend for VXGI.

HBAO+ is supported too, but only in DX11 mode, there are some issues with DX12, so we're not releasing it yet.

With this branch, we're trying a new development/release process. Development happens in git now instead of p4, which makes merges and UE updates much easier. I'm pushing the code to a separate repository, directly on Github: https://github.com/apanteleev/Unreal.../tree/VXGI-4.9 - and the NvPhysX maintainers are going to pull changes into the "official" repo from time to time.

Comment

Sweet, will check it out soon and try out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                        The GameWorks integrations, and that includes HBAO+ and VXGI will probably never become plugins, unless of course the rendering pipeline is opened up more to plugins (thats up to Epic to do), as it requires integration into the actual rendering pipeline, and plugins only have access to a small part of the rendering.

As for the licensing cost, I will leave that to Mike and Alexey to answer. But I guess you could go and take a look at the NVIDIA Developer website.
                        Right - we are investigating the options to turn these techs into plugins, but this is very non-trivial.

Regarding the license, please see this post by Mike: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post309856

Comment

Thank you!
                          We really need thanks button :P.
                          __________edit_________
                          are those files provided from Epics server or Github? Im getting really slow internet connection, like marketplace slow connection. Fromn github i downloaded at 1200kbps but setup.bat running at 100kbps. Is anyone getting like this slow connection?
                          Last edited by Gandosh; 09-18-2015, 08:34 AM.
                          Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
                            The VXGI-4.9 branch is on NvPhysX github, based on UE 4.9.1.
                            https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.9

* Upgrade to UE 4.9.1
                            * Added experimental DX12 support. Maxwell GPU features are not supported in DX12 mode yet.
                            * Replaced the r.VXGI.DebugMode console variable with new viewport modes.
                            * Fixed a number of bugs, improved voxelization performance.
                            * Cleaner integration code, new DX11 rendering backend for VXGI.

HBAO+ is supported too, but only in DX11 mode, there are some issues with DX12, so we're not releasing it yet.

With this branch, we're trying a new development/release process. Development happens in git now instead of p4, which makes merges and UE updates much easier. I'm pushing the code to a separate repository, directly on Github: https://github.com/apanteleev/Unreal.../tree/VXGI-4.9 - and the NvPhysX maintainers are going to pull changes into the "official" repo from time to time.

It,s amazing
                            And now just I am waiting for flameworks release!
                            When could we get flame works branch on ue4.9 ?

(Translated by Google translate)

Comment

Originally posted by naserpoor View Post
                              When could we get flame works branch on ue4.9 ?
                              Please don't expect updates to branches other than VXGI in the near future. We're working on merging everything into one supported branch, or at least into a smaller number of branches, so there should be a general update when that's ready.

Comment

So is it worth me upgrading my branch to 4.9 with the latest changes? or should I wait for the consolidated branch/branches?

Comment

Working...
                                X