NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CharlestonS View Post
    I always recommend using the ZIP file. If you just see spheres flying around with no collision even in PIE then your GPU most likely doesn't support Flex. According to the Flex documentation it requires a 660 or better GPU, my 560 TI does not support it.
    So this is the reason, I have the same graphics card..

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
      Okay I have updated my merged branch to the latest 4.8 build. You can get the updated branch here: https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...8_NVIDIA_Techs

This is just the same as the preview 3 one, contains VXGI + HairWorks + FLEX + HBAO+. Now also contains RyanB's POM material function. I will add Turbulence and WaveWorks (If I can) and also the latest LPV improvements from Lionhead
      Thank you very much for this, GalaxyMan! You are a true contributor, good sir!

Comment

Unity 5.2
        https://github.com/unity3d-jp/NVIDIA...rksIntegration
        NVIDIA HairWorks Integration for Unity 5.2

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
          Thanks for the data. It looks like you actually are running out of video memory, although GPU-Z shows it's not full. Just not all the data is resident in video memory, which causes massive swapping to system memory over PCI-E.
          The actual difference in vidmem requirements between HDR and non-HDR emittance for MapSize=128 is close to 700 MB.

Here's what I get on a 4 GB GPU (Win10) in non-Maxwell mode, with a very simple scene in UE4:
          MapSize=64, HDR=0: 1565 MB
          MapSize=64, HDR=1: 1652 MB
          MapSize=128, HDR=0: 2073 MB
          MapSize=128, HDR=1: 2739 MB
          Thanks for the help here!

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
          Isn't MapSize=64 fast enough?
          You can also try reducing the number of clipmap levels (r.VXGI.StackLevels) and scale Range accordingly.
          Setting StackLevels to 1 is an interesting special case, which removes some quality issues that come from the clipmap, such as banding, but some other implicit settings aren't optimized in the currently released version; they will be in the next version.
          At this point I'm not sure if MapSize6=64 is fast enough. I haven't gotten a chance to test VXGI on my laptop, I'm just going off of what I've seen throughout this thread. Scaling the range took away a lot of quality and added very little performance for me, but I haven't messed with the clipmap because I wasn't sure how it worked. I'll try that next.

Comment

Ok I tried messing with the StackLevels, and it's performance impact varied greatly per scene. One trend I noticed though was that changing StackLevels from 1 to 2 would harm the performance relatively drastically (on some occasions 5ms) but subsequent levels had less and less of an effect. In some indoor scenes I even raised the StackLevels to 6 without a noticeable performance impact. Also I would like to quickly mention that all of the data I took was taken in-editor at 1080p. I retested in a standalone window and some of those tests nearly doubled in performance. The exceptions were StoreEmittanceInHdrFormat, which ran stupidly slow no matter what I did, and MultiBounce, which took more processing power to run than it was worth (would love to see that optimized a bit, it typically doubled the GPU time!)
            Last edited by Blakblt; 09-13-2015, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Have there been any tests with VXGI in UE4 running in DX 12 on the 980 TI?

I just ordered my MSI GTX 980 TIs and i'm wondering what kind of performance to expect.

So far i have run it on dual 560TIs, a GTX 770 and a GTX 780, the 560TIs and the 770 get around 0.2 fps in the sci-fi hallway but the 780 gets over 20fps constant but from what I've read VXGI is targeted for 900 series running in DX12, is that correct?

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Ancient Cistern | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 1 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 2 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 3 | Texture Pack Ed. 1 | Container Pack Ed. 1 | Road Sign Pack Ed. 1

Comment

Hey GalaxyMan,
                I've been trying to get FleX 0.9.0 into your version but I am not having any luck. As a noob it's no surprise though! Are you planning to update FleX in the near future?

Thanks!
                Keep up the awesome work.

You as well, Alexey! Thank you for your hard work

Comment

Yes I do plan to update, but am waiting on Alexey for a DX12 version of VXGI and HBAO+ before I do so. Then I will update my merged branch to 4.9 and the latest versions of whatever is available from the NVIDIA branch.
                  NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                  Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                    Yes I do plan to update, but am waiting on Alexey for a DX12 version of VXGI and HBAO+ before I do so. Then I will update my merged branch to 4.9 and the latest versions of whatever is available from the NVIDIA branch.
                    Perfect! I will patiently wait and tinker with other things Thank you, GalaxyMan.

Comment

Have there been any tests with VXGI in UE4 running in DX 12 on the 980 TI?

I just ordered my MSI GTX 980 TIs and i'm wondering what kind of performance to expect.

So far i have run it on dual 560TIs, a GTX 770 and a GTX 780, the 560TIs and the 770 get around 0.2 fps in the sci-fi hallway but the 780 gets over 20fps constant but from what I've read VXGI is targeted for 900 series running in DX12, is that correct?
                      VXGI is meant for any DX11+ card, but certain features (hdr emittance) are better with Maxwell. With the right optimizations the 770 can easily hit 40 fps in the sifi hallway.

Edit: VXGI also runs significantly worse in editor. In a standalone I got 60 fps on ShooterGame with specular tracing, diffuse tracing,and a map size of 128 with static lighting disabled just by disabling hdr emittance and removing the point lights. Multi-bounce still kills me though.
                      Last edited by Blakblt; 09-14-2015, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Number47 View Post
                        Hi Mike, I have just compiled the new version of Flex, and I am getting a strange error, where the flex balls do not collide with anything, when opening the Flex Test maps. Are the maps included outdated or am I doing something wrong, I compiled the Substance plugin at the same time, but I don't think that should interfere.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]33097[/ATTACH]
                        just built from the flex branch and this is what i see.
                        my graphics supports cuda and has the latest drivers.

anything i can try?

thanks

edit:
                        CUDA compute capability 3.0 or greater

mine is 2.1
                        oh well
                        Last edited by tegleg; 09-15-2015, 04:45 PM.
                        tegleg.co.uk - indie electronic music label
                        Android + HTML5 WIP Physics Game
                        PC Games - Android Apps

Comment

Did you run a PIE session? If so and you still see no collision then what is the exact model of your GPU? Not all Cuda supportive cards support Flex and the issue you're having is exactly what happens when trying to run Flex on a non-supportive GPU.

Originally posted by tegleg View Post
                          just built from the flex branch and this is what i see.
                          my graphics supports cuda and has the latest drivers.

anything i can try?

thanks

edit:
                          CUDA compute capability 3.0 or greater

mine is 2.1
                          oh well

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Ancient Cistern | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 1 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 2 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 3 | Texture Pack Ed. 1 | Container Pack Ed. 1 | Road Sign Pack Ed. 1

Comment

Originally posted by Blakblt View Post
                            VXGI is meant for any DX11+ card, but certain features (hdr emittance) are better with Maxwell. With the right optimizations the 770 can easily hit 40 fps in the sifi hallway.

Edit: VXGI also runs significantly worse in editor. In a standalone I got 60 fps on ShooterGame with specular tracing, diffuse tracing,and a map size of 128 with static lighting disabled just by disabling hdr emittance and removing the point lights. Multi-bounce still kills me though.
                            yea the performance is way worse in the editor than on the standalone

Comment

I just bought and installed an MSI GTX 980 TI 6G and now i get over 90 fps constant in the VXGI SciFi Hallway so i would imagine any 900 series card would run it at playable frame rates.

It runs all of the GameWorks UE4 integrations at 90+ fps as well.

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Comment

I just bought and installed an MSI GTX 980 TI 6G and now i get over 90 fps constant in the VXGI SciFi Hallway so i would imagine any 900 series card would run it at playable frame rates.

It runs all of the GameWorks UE4 integrations at 90+ fps as well.
                                I was just about to test this on my friend's 980ti, so you saved me some time! To anyone that's curious as to how well VXGI scales, in a standalone game I can get a stable 35 fps on my laptop, which has a GT 940m, and is actually using the Kepler architecture, not Maxwell. The quality is also relatively high. I'm starting to think VXGI's biggest bottleneck is actually DX11 hardware; performance seems to be quite scalable.

Comment

Working...
                                X