NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
    The FleX branch is checked in. We're still testing it, but it should be worth a look if you are interested. There are five simple test maps. The fluid surface rendering is still in development, so fluid is rendered as small spheres currently.
    --Mike
    Perfect! I downloaded it and its amazing! Can't wait for fluid surface rendering. The key features in FleX shows Gases but it was not found in Git repo. Is it something we can expect in future? Oh and any ETA on VXGI?

Here is a screenshot of FleX fluid map in Windows 10
    Unreal Issue Tracker - Desktop App for Unreal Engine Issues
    Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!

Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

[PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
    [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
    [Marketplace] Vehicle Soccer Template
    [Marketplace] Objective Waypoint System
    My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
    Your Friendly Neighborhood
    Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

Comment

The FleX branch is checked in. We're still testing it, but it should be worth a look if you are interested. There are five simple test maps. The fluid surface rendering is still in development, so fluid is rendered as small spheres currently.
      --Mike
      Awesome! Downloading now, have wanted to try this out for months since seeing the first video. Thanks Mike!

Here's the direct link for anyone else wanting to try it out:

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/FleX
      Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

hi, can someone help on how to compile the flex branch? I have compiled the main unreal engine branch before... do i have to download both and merge them? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
          Perfect! I downloaded it and its amazing! Can't wait for fluid surface rendering. The key features in FleX shows Gases but it was not found in Git repo. Is it something we can expect in future? Oh and any ETA on VXGI?

Here is a screenshot of FleX fluid map in Windows 10
          Yes, the gasses are a work in progress that didn't make the deadline for this first integration. We will be adding more features, more content and optimizations as we go along.

Comment

Originally posted by catalejo View Post
            hi, can someone help on how to compile the flex branch? I have compiled the main unreal engine branch before... do i have to download both and merge them? Thanks
            You don't need to merge anything. This fork (https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine) is a full copy of UE4-4.6.1, with extra branches (WaveWorks, FleX, etc.)

1. Download or clone the https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git
            2. In the Git shell, "git checkout FleX"
            3. Build as usual.
            4. Open the Flex project.

Comment

Since FleX and VXGI are going to be different branches in Git, how can i create a project with both features? Another thing is NVIDIA is using 4.6.1 and my project is using 4.7.0 Preview 4. Will NVIDIA update the engine when 4.7 final is released?

Yes, the gasses are a work in progress that didn't make the deadline for this first integration. We will be adding more features, more content and optimizations as we go along.
              Awesome!

Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                Since FleX and VXGI are going to be different branches in Git, how can i create a project with both features? Another thing is NVIDIA is using 4.6.1 and my project is using 4.7.0 Preview 4. Will NVIDIA update the engine when 4.7 final is released?

Awesome!
                Once VXGI exists, the two branches VXGI and FleX should merge cleanly. I will probably try it myself before publishing the VXGI branch (which unfortunately is delayed a bit, and probably won't be ready for at least another week). To do it, I would make another branch from one of them, e.g. "git branch FleX FleXVXGI", which will create the branch, then "git checkout FleXVXGI" to set it as your working branch; then do a "git merge VXGI" to bring the VXGI changes across. Because all branches of the fork are on the same base UE4 (4.6.1 currently), it should merge fine. That's the theory, anyways.

And yes, we will update the fork to 4.7 when that release is formally complete. It might take us a few days to turn it around, but the plan is to always keep this fork in synch with latest UE4.

Comment

Once VXGI exists, the two branches VXGI and FleX should merge cleanly. I will probably try it myself before publishing the VXGI branch (which unfortunately is delayed a bit, and probably won't be ready for at least another week). To do it, I would make another branch from one of them, e.g. "git branch FleX FleXVXGI", which will create the branch, then "git checkout FleXVXGI" to set it as your working branch; then do a "git merge VXGI" to bring the VXGI changes across. Because all branches of the fork are on the same base UE4 (4.6.1 currently), it should merge fine. That's the theory, anyways.

And yes, we will update the fork to 4.7 when that release is formally complete. It might take us a few days to turn it around, but the plan is to always keep this fork in synch with latest UE4.
                  Thank you very much Mike!

Comment

Sounds good Mike. How about creating a branch for all the integrations in one? I think that would be the most useful, although it could be a lot of work to keep it up to date with the individual branches...

Either way is just fine, but, you know... I kinda want to create a project with a destroyer ship off the coast using WaveWorks, with FleX for large splashes of water running across the deck, that is being dynamically lit using VXGI, with Turf Effects on the coast, which will burst into flames using FlameWorks when my ship opens fire shelling the coast, causing the animals using HairWorks flee the PhysX destruction it creates.

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                      I kinda want to create a project with a destroyer ship off the coast using WaveWorks, with FleX for large splashes of water running across the deck, that is being dynamically lit using VXGI, with Turf Effects on the coast, which will burst into flames using FlameWorks when my ship opens fire shelling the coast, causing the animals using HairWorks flee the PhysX destruction it creates.
                      Annnnnnd....Game Of The Year award goes to.....

Comment

Sounds good Mike. How about creating a branch for all the integrations in one? I think that would be the most useful, although it could be a lot of work to keep it up to date with the individual branches...

Either way is just fine, but, you know... I kinda want to create a project with a destroyer ship off the coast using WaveWorks, with FleX for large splashes of water running across the deck, that is being dynamically lit using VXGI, with Turf Effects on the coast, which will burst into flames using FlameWorks when my ship opens fire shelling the coast, causing the animals using HairWorks flee the PhysX destruction it creates.
                        Sure, once we get all the branches up and running I'll do a 'GW_All' branch too. We'll need the individual branches as well, because it's harder to un-merge code than to merge it, and not everyone wants all the features. If I were you I wouldn't let the lack of a combined branch delay your evaluation, but I do plan to combine everything once we have the branches sorted.

Comment

How about creating a branch for all the integrations in one?
                          I agree, one GameWorks branch that has every module combined would be most convenient alongside the individual ones, with them being added progressively over time.
                          Last edited by The_Distiller; 01-29-2015, 06:30 PM.
                          ArtStation

Comment

Sure, once we get all the branches up and running I'll do a 'GW_All' branch too. We'll need the individual branches as well, because it's harder to un-merge code than to merge it, and not everyone wants all the features. If I were you I wouldn't let the lack of a combined branch delay your evaluation, but I do plan to combine everything once we have the branches sorted.
                            Oh definitely, we need to keep separate branches for sure. Was more of a hypothetical statement then a game idea... but since I said that I will be sure to create said game when all the GW features are added, could be fun!

An don't worry, it's not delaying my evaluation at all. I've got all 3 branches installed (including the Vehicle fixes) ready to play with. It was just an idea for the future, great work so far though FLeX is really cool!

Comment

I've checked in a few fixes to the FleX branch, testing indicated these changes would be useful when having a first look.
                              One change....inflatables that you can stand on top:

Click image for larger version

Name:	StandableInflatable.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1065755
                              Last edited by Mike.Skolones; 01-29-2015, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Really nice updates! Question: What elements will be able to get configurated inside the engine? And how? If I want to change the particles for Flex or the VXGI setup (bounces, color bleeding, etc) will I be able to do so via blueprints or must be done all in c++?

Click the tiny bird!
                                It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X