NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
    I usually just do a search in files (Ctrl + Shift + F) and then look for the right line. The lines should be in one of the Build.cs files.
    Thanks dude! That seems to have helped a lot once rebuilt (I only set VXGI to 0, couldn't find FLEX). The shader compilation times seem to be similar to those in the official build now.
    One thing I did not know is - once I changed that one line in one file, is it really necessary to rebuild the whole engine, or is there any way to just recompile what's affected by it?

Comment

Originally posted by BrickTop View Post
      Thanks dude! That seems to have helped a lot once rebuilt (I only set VXGI to 0, couldn't find FLEX). The shader compilation times seem to be similar to those in the official build now.
      One thing I did not know is - once I changed that one line in one file, is it really necessary to rebuild the whole engine, or is there any way to just recompile what's affected by it?
      If you modify a header in the engine, theres a good chance its going to rebuild a large portion of the engine since it has to rebuild all modules that directly or indirectly reference that header. Same with Build.cs files (Since thats going to cause a module to be rebuilt). Modifying a CPP file in the engine can be pretty safe and it will usually only rebuild the affected module.
      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Perhaps someone can clear this up for me.

I compiled Galaxymans 4.8p3 version but it's not UE 4.8. It's giving me UE 4.7. something. Why is it labeled as 4.8p3 but is actually UE 4.7?

Comment

The 4.8p3 version is as the name suggests (4.8 preview 3). That may be why its stated as 4.7. Not sure since I havent used it in a long while, the actual version you should be using from my branch is https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...8_NVIDIA_Techs which is 4.8

Comment

What I'm saying is that when I build the 4.8p3 it is building as one of the UE4.7 engines.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightasy View Post
              What I'm saying is that when I build the 4.8p3 it is building as one of the UE4.7 engines.
              And what I am saying is, its because its 4.8 preview 3, that may be why its showing as 4.7 (its a preview build, not an official 4.8 build)

Comment

And what I am saying is, its because its 4.8 preview 3, that may be why its showing as 4.7 (its a preview build, not an official 4.8 build)
                Oooohhhh, so it was a preview build of 4.8. Now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up. The word preview was just not registering in meh brain. Oh, btw, thanks for setting this up. You the boss man

Comment

The 4.8p3 version is as the name suggests (4.8 preview 3). That may be why its stated as 4.7. Not sure since I havent used it in a long while, the actual version you should be using from my branch is https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...8_NVIDIA_Techs which is 4.8
                  Forgive me if I'm still not doing something right. That version you linked in this quote is Unreal Editor version 4.7.3, did I do something wrong? I must be doing something wrong.
                  Last edited by Nightasy; 08-28-2015, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightasy View Post
                    Forgive me if I'm still not doing something right. That version you linked in this quote is Unreal Editor version 4.7.3, did I do something wrong? I must be doing something wrong.
                    It sounds like your not actually building the engine (or launching the wrong one). I can validate that the above link is definately 4.8, since its the exact same engine that I am using right now.

Comment

Yeap, I got it working man. It was stupidity on my part. I'm a noob to github so I wasn't doing it right. It's working now tho and it's 4.8.

Comment

Nevermind, got it working.

The hair on my character is kind of flickering tho, the shading I mean.
                        Last edited by Nightasy; 08-28-2015, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I couldn't seem to find an option. How do I control how many hairs there are? Like increasing or decreasing the amount of hairs.

Comment

So does anyone know how to enable HBAO+ got galaxyman's version of it and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to enable it.

Comment

Originally posted by RynerLuteTLD View Post
                              So does anyone know how to enable HBAO+ got galaxyman's version of it and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to enable it.
                              I think it's r.HBAO.Enable 1 in console, it's off by default. Then tweak it under HBAO section in unbound PostProcessing volume. Maybe when he makes the build for 4.9, he can enable it by default.

Comment

Hey guys sorry to bug you but does anyone know how flex works for particles ?

Comment

Working...
                                X