No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if you're logged into GitHub you will get a 404 if your Epic account isn't linked with GitHub, here is a quick write-up on how to go about doing that, I'll link this in my original post as well.

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/GitHub_Setup

Originally posted by Deep Elements View Post
    Thank you for the guide. I have a github account but I always get the 404 page even when i'm logged in. I can get to this page tho https://github.com/NvPhysX/

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Ancient Cistern | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 1 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 2 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 3 | Texture Pack Ed. 1 | Container Pack Ed. 1 | Road Sign Pack Ed. 1

Comment

I'm sorry ignore my last replay I got it linked up right thanks again

Comment

No worries, i should have put that link in my other post anyway.

Originally posted by Deep Elements View Post
        I'm sorry ignore my last replay I got it linked up right thanks again

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Ancient Cistern | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 1 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 2 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 3 | Texture Pack Ed. 1 | Container Pack Ed. 1 | Road Sign Pack Ed. 1

Comment

Originally posted by Aabel View Post
          I am having a similar issue. The hair performs as expected on the skinned and animated mesh in HairWorks viewer, but in Unreal Engine 4 it does not follow the mesh at all, it animates though, just in a different position. I'll post a video with the issue when I get a chance.
          I found a workaround. The cause was due to Biped. Bone or Maya Program Using Should the rigging and skinning. Biped in cannot be used.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
            I can't be 100% sure, but I believe u need to resolve the "fur strands share mesh vertices with other lines" issue first, I remember having some issues with skinning when that error occurred in 3dsmax at least. Not sure how to resolve it in Maya, but in 3dsmax, there is a HairWorks menu that allows you to select all duplicate splines, and then you can just delete them and export things correctly.
            After receiving an answer the previous version was install(Max 2013 ~ 2015, Maya 2013 ~ 2015). But The same error appears in the Maya program. 3Ds Max Program is not a lot of errors, Hair does not stick exactly like the Maya. Is there another workaround?

Comment

Are there chances to reduce the shader build times in conjunction with VXGI in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxwell_77 View Post
                Are there chances to reduce the shader build times in conjunction with VXGI in the future?
                It may happen, but unlikely. VXGI creates a number of shaders for each voxelized material, and we already made that number as small as we could.

Comment

Are the shaders calculated via CPU or GPU ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxwell_77 View Post
                    Are the shaders calculated via CPU or GPU ?
                    The shaders are always compiled on the CPU, and this process utilizes all available CPU cores by default, so using a faster processor with more cores helps a lot.

Comment

Shaders are compiled on CPU.
                      https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

I thought so. :-) I should invest money in a better CPU in the future...

Comment

Which improvements will the next version of VXGI bring? Are other branches like HairWorks getting some love too?
                          ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                            Which improvements will the next version of VXGI bring? Are other branches like HairWorks getting some love too?
                            VXGI - nothing major other than the UE 4.9 upgrade and maybe DX12, if it goes well. A few bug fixes and UI improvements for debug modes.

I can see some recent activity in other branches in our p4, but I don't follow them. Mike should be able to say more.

Comment

hi mike i'm very anxious, when the new version of vxgi for ue 4.8 is launch?
                              and vxgi is more fast in DX12?

Comment

Are there any Flex related news? Are people generally more interested in VXGI than Flex? @Alexey and @Mike: Do you know when the next build of the flex branch will be ready and if the bugs (Scenecapture 2D turns off rendering of water surface) I have mentioned have been fixed?
                                Last edited by Number47; 08-28-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X