No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could anyone please try and reproduce the bug where Flex Fluid Water disappears when you have a scenecapture2D in you level, with the newest Flex build.
    To repro:
    Open the Flex Fluid Map (the one that comes with flex from the NVIDIA branch)
    Add Scencapture 2d
    Create a rendertarget and plug it in to your Scencapture2D
    Create a material from the rendertarget
    Add material to a surface in the level
    For fun, in the level blueprint add to different keypresses, one that activates the scenecapture2d and one that deactivates it.

You will see that the Flex fluid water is not rendered in the level, but only the rendertarget until you deactivate the scenecapture2d.

Comment

I am facing packaging problem on HairWorks......its so frustrating cant get solved..so i have posted an issue on github branch...plzz help!!

Comment

Oculus VXGI 4.8.2

Oculus VXGI 4.8.2?

Seems like its the old version of drivers that still is inbuildt in this version.
        Oculus works in 4.8.3 but not in Nvidias 4.8.2 VXGI Version

Anyway to fix this ?

Need help ASAP - Thanks in forhand

/M

Comment

Hi,
          during the last days we tried to create a Unreal Engine 4.8 build with the Gameworks integration for first testing purposes. But our coder has huge problems with it because we do not have so much experience with this topic. At the moment we are not able to create a working build. Too many errors and so on...Is a good tutorial available which explains step by step what we have to do? Exists a downloadable Unreal Engine 4.8 Build with the Gameworks integration somewhere?

Best regards, Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasG View Post
            Oculus VXGI 4.8.2?

Seems like its the old version of drivers that still is inbuildt in this version.
            Oculus works in 4.8.3 but not in Nvidias 4.8.2 VXGI Version

Anyway to fix this ?

Need help ASAP - Thanks in forhand

/M
            I just did some testing of the VXGI branch (internal version with 4.8.3) with Oculus DK2 (win7, runtime 0.6.0.1), and it seems to work well, except for specular tracing which I'll try to fix.

It doesn't look like Epic changed anything related to Oculus in 4.8.3 compared to 4.8.2, and neither did we. So... what do you observe, how doesn't it work?

Maybe this change will help? https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealE...18f3a602959ba7

Comment

Originally posted by Maxwell_77 View Post
              Hi,
              during the last days we tried to create a Unreal Engine 4.8 build with the Gameworks integration for first testing purposes. But our coder has huge problems with it because we do not have so much experience with this topic. At the moment we are not able to create a working build. Too many errors and so on...Is a good tutorial available which explains step by step what we have to do? Exists a downloadable Unreal Engine 4.8 Build with the Gameworks integration somewhere?

Best regards, Andreas
              Can you create a build of Unreal Engine without Gameworks, just the regular version from EpicGames github?

Which Gameworks branch were you trying to build and what errors appear?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
                I just did some testing of the VXGI branch (internal version with 4.8.3) with Oculus DK2 (win7, runtime 0.6.0.1), and it seems to work well, except for specular tracing which I'll try to fix.
                Fixed the specular tracing bug in the internal version. No temporary workaround other than to disable specular tracing (which is too slow to use with VR in most cases anyway).

Comment

Hi good morning, i am new to unreal and I got thoroughly with Hairworks, I work the hair on the Unreal engine but would like to know how to put collisions hair and physical when the model walks hair move realistically. Thank you very much greetings

Comment

Originally posted by franlucas92 View Post
                    Hi good morning, i am new to unreal and I got thoroughly with Hairworks, I work the hair on the Unreal engine but would like to know how to put collisions hair and physical when the model walks hair move realistically. Thank you very much greetings
                    Collisions are specified in 3dsmax/maya and exported along with the hair. For making the hair move realistically, are you referring to skinned meshes? Or just the parameters to use for realistic hair? If for skinned meshes, again this is done in 3dsmax/maya, you model the hair onto a skinned mesh and export, and it will retain the skinned settings.
                    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                      Collisions are specified in 3dsmax/maya and exported along with the hair. For making the hair move realistically, are you referring to skinned meshes? Or just the parameters to use for realistic hair? If for skinned meshes, again this is done in 3dsmax/maya, you model the hair onto a skinned mesh and export, and it will retain the skinned settings.
                      Do collisions are parameters Shave Maya or curves you generate with Hairworks in maya? The realistic movement mean that if the character walks hair move realistically, if for example the character falls, her hair would rise up

Comment

Originally posted by franlucas92 View Post
                        Do collisions are parameters Shave Maya or curves you generate with Hairworks in maya? The realistic movement mean that if the character walks hair move realistically, if for example the character falls, her hair would rise up
                        I have no idea how to do it in Maya, but in 3dsmax, you specify sphere collision shapes for where you want collisions, link them together and export. These come into UE4 and work correctly. As for realistic physics, if its skinned to the character and you set the properties of the hair correctly, it will just work, you will need to mess with mass, gravity, etc. to get the look your after, but its not really that difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxwell_77 View Post
                          Hi,

Best regards, Andreas
                          Forget about it. There's not a single step by step video tutorial explaining how to do the proper integration. It seems we're trying to get into a secret society where native artists ( NOT PROGRAMMERS) are not allowed. Also, the github stuff looks like something from 2001, with lots of confusing names for the branches and everything else. Nothing is simple to get in github. I'm considering paying someone to do the integration through Log Me In, as it seems the only plausible solution to humble artists without programming knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by fmfurian View Post
                            Forget about it. There's not a single step by step video tutorial explaining how to do the proper integration. It seems we're trying to get into a secret society where native artists ( NOT PROGRAMMERS) are not allowed. Also, the github stuff looks like something from 2001, with lots of confusing names for the branches and everything else. Nothing is simple to get in github. I'm considering paying someone to do the integration through Log Me In, as it seems the only plausible solution to humble artists without programming knowledge.
                            Have you looked at my branch: https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...8_NVIDIA_Techs all the techs compiled into one, just download, run setup.bat (hit N when asked to overwrite files) and compile. The reason why its not very user friendly yet, is all the techs are still in heavy development. It'll be a long while before there is an easy to download and execute version of the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by fmfurian View Post
                              Well, the GameWorks integration is still a work in progress, so everything is a bit messy.
                              I'm no programmer myself, but I had no issues with setting up anything from Github, everything worked out fine for me. Github isn't hard, unless you make it hard for yourself.

It's another thing if you want to implement only specific features yourself. I only merged other third party code alterations into my copy of GalaxyMan's branch so far, so I can't say how hard it would be to merge specific GameWorks features into a "vanilla" UE4 build. You would need to know what files are required and what changes have been made to the source code, and since Nvidia commented their changes it should be easier to find those.
                              The easiest way, I can imagine, would be if Nvidia released branches only containing the required and changed files for each GameWorks feature; the only thing left to do is merging it into your source, something Github can be very helpful with.

The only thing I can recommend to you, at this point, is to try GalaxyMan's branch, it works fine and has (almost?) everything in it. He keeps it up-to-date as well. https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...8_NVIDIA_Techs

Comment

So i read literally the entire thread and i noticed a few people post with less than 900 GPUs who were able to run VXGI.

I'm running the below setup right now and i wanted to know if VXGI will run on my system (obviously I'm not expecting playable performance if so)

Win 7 Pro
                                Core i7 980
                                Dual MSI 560 TI 2GB
                                24GB ram

I was also wondering if anyone has run any of the GameWorks integrations on DX12 yet and if so what kind of performance difference have you experienced?

Thanks in advance!
                                Last edited by CharlestonS; 08-18-2015, 07:14 PM.

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Ancient Cistern | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 1 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 2 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 3 | Texture Pack Ed. 1 | Container Pack Ed. 1 | Road Sign Pack Ed. 1

Comment

Working...
                                X