NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
    I've tried working with GPU particles from the first version VXGI and my findings are that they have always been behaving iffy.
    It sometimes depends on fps, scene and other times even the GPU emitters themselves (some at least show something, others look frozen, others are just acting like they aren't even enabled).
    When you let your scene 'rest' for a while, sometimes particles start popping up. This can happen in a short bit, a long bit or not at all bit.
    I've reported this a while back but it was probably overlooked. Doesn't matter that much. Maybe some can use GPU particles in conjunction with VXGI just fine
    but my guess, since we are both having no luck, is that there will probably be more having this issue.
    Lets hope for a speedy fix :-)
    Thanks, I'll try to reproduce the issue. Can you be more specific about the FPS dependency, like for example does it break when FPS is too low? Do the emitters work properly if you disable VXGI?

Comment

I have some emissive for my light meshes and tried a movable light with vxgi checkbox, still didn't work...

Comment

Originally posted by Musetatron View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]51779[/ATTACH]

When I run generate project file.bat I got this.

Anyone know what cause this problem? I already has visual studio 2013 2012 2015 and I already checked if the registry is corrected but I still got this error.
        are you on WIN10?
        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
          Thanks, I'll try to reproduce the issue. Can you be more specific about the FPS dependency, like for example does it break when FPS is too low? Do the emitters work properly if you disable VXGI?
          I haven't encountered any FPS dependency, in my tests it didn't matter if I had 20, 30, 60 or >100 fps. Turning off VXGI does resolve the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
            are you on WIN10?
            I'm on win 8.1. I got too many errors in the whole process of using hairworks. I plan to use hairworks in my game but now I go back to the polygon plane hair method while waiting for the answer.
            Last edited by Musetatron; 08-10-2015, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Demo for repro sent your way.
              https://www.artstation.com/chesire

Comment

I'm on win 8.1. I got too much error in the whole process of using hairworks. I plan to use hairworks in my game but now I go back to the polygon plane hair method while waiting for the answer.
                oh right.. i just got this problem on WIN10. I just thought it was WIN 10 problem, but looks like it was not...
                Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                  Demo for repro sent your way.
                  Thanks a lot!

I reproduced the issue and fixed it in the internal version. The problem was that whenever we prepared for voxelizing anything, we called FXSystem->PreInitViews, which switches the frame index, and the simluation doesn't work properly because that should only be done once per frame.

To get it fixed before our next release, you can edit the file Engine/Source/Runtime/Renderer/Private/SceneVisibility.cpp and modify this piece in PreVisibilityFrameSetup function:
                  Code:
                  if (Scene->FXSystem)
                  {
                      Scene->FXSystem->PreInitViews();
                  }
                  Replace the condition with this:
                  Code:
                  if (Scene->FXSystem && !Views[0].bIsVxgiVoxelization)

Comment

Thanks a lot!

I reproduced the issue and fixed it in the internal version. The problem was that whenever we prepared for voxelizing anything, we called FXSystem->PreInitViews, which switches the frame index, and the simluation doesn't work properly because that should only be done once per frame.

To get it fixed before our next release, you can edit the file Engine/Source/Runtime/Renderer/Private/SceneVisibility.cpp and modify this piece in PreVisibilityFrameSetup function:
                    Code:
                    if (Scene->FXSystem)
                    {
                        Scene->FXSystem->PreInitViews();
                    }
                    Replace the condition with this:
                    Code:
                    if (Scene->FXSystem && !Views[0].bIsVxgiVoxelization)
                    Thank you Alexey for the quick support!

Comment

Are there still efforts to update the release of Hairworks? Having more than a single directional light would be wonderful for cinematic work.

Comment

With the current Flex branch, I can recreate the cereal blowl scene and it's awesome. I would need however the smoke simulation and the shader. Amazing stuff this unified type of interaction that Flex offers.

Comment

Hi!

Please check attached image with HairWorks behaviour in VR Preview mode:

Hairs shifted left in left eye, right - in right eye...

Also hair quality in right eye is very basic.

Can you advice a best place to check for possible fix?

UE 4.8.0

Thank you!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
                            Thank you Alexey for the quick support!
                            X2!
                            https://www.artstation.com/chesire

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                              are you on WIN10?
                              Problem solved with this link https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...fessional.html

Comment

If anyone have a problem with cmd can't find visual studio It's this.
                                Last edited by Musetatron; 08-11-2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X