NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakeypoos View Post
    I'm a bit confused, is the title of this video wrong.

or is face works integrated with UE4.
    Not necessarily, Nvidia could have created an UE4 Build with Faceworks just for this single demo.
    The currently available GameWorks features do not include Faceworks and a few posts back it was mentioned that it has been put on hold.

Comment

That's a real shame as I'll be using a Titan card. Can anyone say how long it will be on hold for. Seems like a major omission.
      Last edited by Jakeypoos; 08-06-2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Can I totally implore anyone at Unreal engine to get Faceworks working. Without it EU4 will be an easy to use engine, but with plastic faced characters. Please please get Faceworks working! I'd even pay a sub and royalties for this.

Comment

Thanks for the updated Flex branch. Now I can add FlexSurfaceEmitters to blueprints, and the stuttering is gone when you are far away from origin (0.0.0). BUT there are still problems with the surface emitter when I am high up on the Z-axis, sometimes the fluidsurface disappears, and then comes back. This does not happen when I am on the ground at Z-height 0. Another funny bug I have found is that when using the surface fluid emitter and you use a scenecapturecomponent 2D to "look" at the water the surface fluid disappears from the level but is still visible in the scenecapture??? I have made a video of the scencapure2d bug. In the first half you can see two streams of water and when I look at it through a scenecapture 2d components and return to the game, the surface fluid disappears and only the white balls show (I have not unchecked render in main pass), but as you can see in the video the surface fluid is still shown in the scenecapture2d. Link to video. I have also experienced some crashes of the video driver and some crashes of the editor. I am on windows 10 with the latest NVIDIA drivers.
          Last edited by Number47; 08-06-2015, 07:45 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeypoos View Post
            Can I totally implore anyone at Unreal engine to get Faceworks working. Without it EU4 will be an easy to use engine, but with plastic faced characters. Please please get Faceworks working! I'd even pay a sub and royalties for this.
            There's nothing we can do about it, it's all up to Nvidia. No one other has access to the libraries and FaceWorks source code.

You have a few alternatives right now: There is a material package by C-Media on the Marketplace which includes a skin shader (one of the two advanced material packages,you have to look which one it is, I can't remember) + JBaldwin released an Eye shader (more in his thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Announcements). You could also look into the Kite Demo assets, there should be a skin and eye shader too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
              Huh, I never noticed that and I'm using VXGI since the beginning as well...but thanks for the information!
              Maybe because I haven't been creating/using gpu particle system within my project which uses GameWorks or I just forgot it.
              I'm surprised that this hasn't been fixed already, GPU particles are quite important. Did they mention why this hasn't been fixed?
              I've tried working with GPU particles from the first version VXGI and my findings are that they have always been behaving iffy.
              It sometimes depends on fps, scene and other times even the GPU emitters themselves (some at least show something, others look frozen, others are just acting like they aren't even enabled).
              When you let your scene 'rest' for a while, sometimes particles start popping up. This can happen in a short bit, a long bit or not at all bit.
              I've reported this a while back but it was probably overlooked. Doesn't matter that much. Maybe some can use GPU particles in conjunction with VXGI just fine
              but my guess, since we are both having no luck, is that there will probably be more having this issue.
              Lets hope for a speedy fix :-)
              https://www.artstation.com/chesire

Comment

Repro for Alexey on GPU emitters not working properly:

Option 1

1) Launcher\Learn > Elemental demo
                2) Convert to VXGI
                3) Press Play
                4) Pay close attention to what happens the moment the "firelord" awakens.

Option 2

1) Launcher\Learn > Content examples
                2) Convert to VXGI
                3) Load GPU Particles level
                4) Mileage may vary depending on VXGI settings and fps
                Last edited by Chesire; 08-06-2015, 08:52 PM.
                https://www.artstation.com/chesire

Comment

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
                  There's nothing we can do about it, it's all up to Nvidia. No one other has access to the libraries and FaceWorks source code.

You have a few alternatives right now: There is a material package by C-Media on the Marketplace which includes a skin shader (one of the two advanced material packages,you have to look which one it is, I can't remember) + JBaldwin released an Eye shader (more in his thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Announcements). You could also look into the Kite Demo assets, there should be a skin and eye shader too.
                  Thanks Dakraid

Comment

*Some update on ETA of TurfEffects integration?

I see on a blog post (https://developer.nvidia.com/content/what-gameworks):

We’re building this relatively new technology into our special UE4 branch to put it into the hands of more developers

*Also some update on TXAA integration?

*Also I asked some months ago on some news on Flameworks, still in the pipeline?

Finally hope all libs in branch(VXGI,FLEX,Hairworks,Waveworks) can have DX12 support by GDC 2016 at least? realistic assumption?
                    thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by Musetatron View Post
                      Thanks, I have tried deleting curve and It works when there is only 5 curve remained but I still confuse what cause this problem because it meets the req. "one vert per curve" in the doc. Another strange issue is that some model will works smoothly if I import .Obj from other app but the model i made in maya often fail to export hairworks correctly.
                      yeah. I'm still trying to figure out some things. I spoke to Tarkam Sarim, he works at MPC as a Hair Grooming. Take a look at his vimeo, he got some pretty cool stuff there. "https://vimeo.com/user7168947"
                      When i told him ( "The 20 out of 56 fur stands share mesh verices with other lines. They will not be exported!" ) about this problem he said your curves are too much. Try using less curves. But in fact he was using more curves than me xD so i got confused.
                      It feels so random. Sometimes it works just fine. Sometimes its not.
                      Oh almost forgot, he suggested me to try using custom mesh for grooming. I found it more efficient than extracting or duplicating base model.
                      Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Thank you. I concluded that make snap cv to vert won't work at all but I have tried 20000 curve with plugins like yeti and it still works, So I think It's the problem with how maya store cv position or something like that.

Comment

I've just downloaded the latest version of UE4/VXGI from the UnrealEngine-VXGI-dev branch, and after running setup.bat successfully, I get an error when I try to run Generateprojectfiles.bat (see attached picture). Any ideas how to remedy this? I'm on Windows 10.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	1083445
                          http://www.pixelpirates.se/
                          Architectural and product visualisations

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	cmderror.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	1083449

When I run generate project file.bat I got this.

Anyone know what cause this problem? I already has visual studio 2013 2012 2015 and I already checked if the registry is corrected but I still got this error.
                            Last edited by Musetatron; 08-09-2015, 05:16 AM.

Comment

On a laptop with a 765M, any idea why VXGI works okay in the voxelisation stage (it shows fine in the debug mode 2) but no indirect lighting works, composition mode shows black when it should show the lighting, only thing I get is direct. Settings are all defaulted.

Comment

Originally posted by Legend286 View Post
                                On a laptop with a 765M, any idea why VXGI works okay in the voxelisation stage (it shows fine in the debug mode 2) but no indirect lighting works, composition mode shows black when it should show the lighting, only thing I get is direct. Settings are all defaulted.
                                Is there any light which is Movable and has VXGI Indirect Lighting box checked? Alternatively, does any surface material have emissive color?

Comment

Working...
                                X