No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either checkout the "HairWorks" branch, by right clicking in one of the folders contained within the repo on ur HDD, and choose "TortoiseGIT -> Switch/Checkout". Or download the zip from the following link: "https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/HairWorks"
    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
      Either checkout the "HairWorks" branch, by right clicking in one of the folders contained within the repo on ur HDD, and choose "TortoiseGIT -> Switch/Checkout". Or download the zip from the following link: "https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/HairWorks"
      Thanks for the help, I have got the hairworks branch running now, I can see the magaledon animating with hairworks simulation just fine in the example project.

However, when I drag in my own .apx files from 3ds max they still do not import, i get a generic error saying that could not import :S

Comment

Are you using v1.1 of the hairworks plugin? As that is what is required. Go to developer.nvidia.com and download the latest version of the plugin for your version of 3dsmax, and try again.
        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
          Are you using v1.1 of the hairworks plugin? As that is what is required. Go to developer.nvidia.com and download the latest version of the plugin for your version of 3dsmax, and try again.
          Oh, yeah, I might have an old version, I'll try updating

Comment

Hi
            Does anyone have ue4.6 vxgi ?
            It has removed in github page

Comment

Originally posted by naserpoor View Post
              Hi
              Does anyone have ue4.6 vxgi ?
              It has removed in github page
              It's still available if you browse the commit history.
              I think this was the last version of VXGI integration in UE 4.6 before we upgraded it to 4.7: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng...f32557ef89de85
              But obviously it doesn't have any newer features like multibounce or bug fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
                It's still available if you browse the commit history.
                I think this was the last version of VXGI integration in UE 4.6 before we upgraded it to 4.7: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng...f32557ef89de85
                But obviously it doesn't have any newer features like multibounce or bug fixes.
                Thanks

I know but I still have ue 4.6 version

Comment

Does VXGI, HairWorks, etc. dispatch GPU compute jobs to multiple GPUs even though UE4 rendering doesn't use multiple GPUs? If so, and if that buys more performance, it'd be a worth-while reason to consider adding another Maxwell2 GPU to my system.

Comment

Originally posted by joe.real View Post
                    Does VXGI, HairWorks, etc. dispatch GPU compute jobs to multiple GPUs even though UE4 rendering doesn't use multiple GPUs? If so, and if that buys more performance, it'd be a worth-while reason to consider adding another Maxwell2 GPU to my system.
                    VXGI does not. It just uses the same D3D11 device that's used for main rendering. We considered running some or all of VXGI workload on a separate GPU, but there would be too much traffic between GPUs and too many synchronizations to make such separation practical.

Comment

faceworks? anyone? xD
                      Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

VXGI does not. It just uses the same D3D11 device that's used for main rendering. We considered running some or all of VXGI workload on a separate GPU, but there would be too much traffic between GPUs and too many synchronizations to make such separation practical.
                        Would that change with the next generation of GPUs? I'm thinking about GPUs which will support NVLink, would that be beneficial in this case or is this separation impractical because of other reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
                          Would that change with the next generation of GPUs? I'm thinking about GPUs which will support NVLink, would that be beneficial in this case or is this separation impractical because of other reasons?
                          Not sure. Maybe.

Currently there are two multi-GPU scenarios in which VXGI can benefit:

1. AFR SLI, where for example GPU 1 renders odd frames and GPU 2 renders even frames. In this case, both GPUs perform voxelization on every frame and have copies of all data, and nothing is copied between GPUs. This mode is supported by the library (although we rarely test it).

2. VR SLI, where each GPU renders a view for one eye. Both GPUs would perform voxelization and shadow map rendering, but G-buffer rendering, shading and cone tracing would be separated. This mode has not been implemented yet.

Comment

Is 4.8_NVIDIA_Techs the latest branch from GalaxyMan to use if you want all techs so far ? Also is it UE4.8 or UE4.8.3 ? I have loaded in a 4.8.3 project I made with world comp and landscapes and all my landscape materials are showing as the world grid material. I can't seem to change them or paint on them either.

Edit. Ok sorry, landscape work ok now.
                            Last edited by Chaosrik; 08-04-2015, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Not sure. Maybe.

Currently there are two multi-GPU scenarios in which VXGI can benefit:

1. AFR SLI, where for example GPU 1 renders odd frames and GPU 2 renders even frames. In this case, both GPUs perform voxelization on every frame and have copies of all data, and nothing is copied between GPUs. This mode is supported by the library (although we rarely test it).

2. VR SLI, where each GPU renders a view for one eye. Both GPUs would perform voxelization and shadow map rendering, but G-buffer rendering, shading and cone tracing would be separated. This mode has not been implemented yet.
                              I thought that DX12 will bring back SFR which will be betetr for multiple GPU and will reduce the lag.

Comment

Could you please help me solve hairworks plugin for maya 2015 problem? I keep getting an export error "The 20 out of 56 fur stands share mesh verices with other lines. They will not be exported!" I use latest version of hairworks plugin. Reinstall the plugin, snap CV to growth mesh vertex 1 by 1, doesn't works. The funny thing is... it works like charm until yesterday and now it doesn't even work with simple sphere.
                                Sorry to post on this thread, but the nvidia devtalk forum doesn't have living human anymore.

this is link to scene file http://www.mediafire.com/download/nl.../tiara_hair.mb

Comment

Working...
                                X