NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
    Any word on what Gameworks tech is expected to work in DX12 currently? Will they function when 4.9 is released, or does it need an update first?
    I have been wondering the same too. I really hope they will make it use DX12 features to make it run faster and more optimized.

Comment

Any word on what Gameworks tech is expected to work in DX12 currently? Will they function when 4.9 is released, or does it need an update first?
      I can comment on this regarding VXGI. The tech (not its UE integration) is currently being ported to DX12, but it's too early to say anything about performance. I wouldn't expect much speedup for VXGI from DX12, primarily because it is very GPU limited, and DX12 is focused on reducing CPU overhead. Speaking of new rendering features, everything that was required to accelerate VXGI was available on DX11 through NVAPI; DX12 makes some of these features available as core, but not all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
        I can comment on this regarding VXGI. The tech (not its UE integration) is currently being ported to DX12, but it's too early to say anything about performance. I wouldn't expect much speedup for VXGI from DX12, primarily because it is very GPU limited, and DX12 is focused on reducing CPU overhead. Speaking of new rendering features, everything that was required to accelerate VXGI was available on DX11 through NVAPI; DX12 makes some of these features available as core, but not all of them.
        As long as it functions in the first place, I'm good for the time being. The transition to DX12 will benefit the engine enough in other areas, I just don't want to start cutting features for it.

Speaking of new rendering features, everything that was required to accelerate VXGI was available on DX11 through NVAPI; DX12 makes some of these features available as core, but not all of them.
        Well that's interesting, does that mean it'll be a bit faster for AMD now as well then?

Comment

Well that's interesting, does that mean it'll be a bit faster for AMD now as well then?
          In some cases, yes. Specifically, voxelization of materials with coverage supersampling enabled will benefit because of hardware conservative rasterization, if AMD implements it. HDR emittance will remain slow.

Comment

I've got a problem here that I could turn on the VXGI in 'directional light' but couldn't find it( 'VXGI DIFFUSE' )in postprocess volume ?The version is 4.8.3.pLz help me to solve the problem coz it drives me crazy! thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by muchangqiong View Post
              I've got a problem here that I could turn on the VXGI in 'directional light' but couldn't find it( 'VXGI DIFFUSE' )in postprocess volume ?The version is 4.8.3.pLz help me to solve the problem coz it drives me crazy! thanks a lot!
              It should be there:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Vxgi-in-ppv.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1082989

Also, 4.8.3? We only have 4.8.2 on github.

Comment

Thank u so much! so I think I update the software toooo early...and do I need to reinstall a lower version to use this plug-in or leave it as this latest version?will it be impact?

Comment

Thank u so much! so I think I update the software toooo early...and do I need to reinstall a lower version to use this plug-in or leave it as this latest version?will it be impact?

Comment

It should be there:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]50713[/ATTACH]
                    Also, 4.8.3? We only have 4.8.2 on github.

Comment

Originally posted by muchangqiong View Post
                      It's not a plug-in. It's a different version of the engine that has VXGI integrated. So you should use the complete UE4 source tree from NV github and build it from there. You can update it to 4.8.3, but that will probably require merging some source files and should be done carefully.

Comment

Density for Hairworks seems to be broken.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	DensityBroken.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	1083040
                        The density attribute works fine in Hairworks viewer. I think a few other attributes aren't working as well, I will double check later this weekend when I get some more time.

Comment

Any news on faceworks?
                          Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Hi, I just cloned and build the github repo but I still cant figure how to start viewing my hair assets.
                            When I try to import a .apx file it gives an error saying "couldn't create asset" and when I look in the drop down box for "Add Component" on a skeletal mesh I don't see any of the gameWorks components under Rendering like "Hair" or "Ropes" etc.

Did I build wrong? Are these steps or a tutorial written down somewhere? Please help

Comment

Originally posted by Mittens View Post
                              Hi, I just cloned and build the github repo but I still cant figure how to start viewing my hair assets.
                              When I try to import a .apx file it gives an error saying "couldn't create asset" and when I look in the drop down box for "Add Component" on a skeletal mesh I don't see any of the gameWorks components under Rendering like "Hair" or "Ropes" etc.

Did I build wrong? Are these steps or a tutorial written down somewhere? Please help
                              Did u build the HairWorks branch specifically? If not, this would explain why you are not seeing any HairWorks options.
                              NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                              Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                                Did u build the HairWorks branch specifically? If not, this would explain why you are not seeing any HairWorks options.
                                I'm not sure, I just built the repo everyone in this thread kept linking to "https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine"
                                I'm kind of new to git, what was I meant to do? (I use tortoise git)
                                Last edited by Mittens; 08-03-2015, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X