Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hi all.

    What happened to the github page?

    Is everybody getting the 404 ?

    Comment


      Originally posted by Holographix View Post
      Hi all.

      What happened to the github page?

      Is everybody getting the 404 ?
      Log in and click on the link again. After that it should work

      Comment


        logged in on github and I still cannot access... 404 on every browser.

        couple of questions:

        I want to integrate VXGI on my build (my first time in the forum and trying to do something like this)

        I'm still not sure it will work on a Titan GK110 Kepler, from what i understood its optimized for Maxwell gpus but it should work on Kepler titans as well.
        I am hopping that VXGI will help me to not having to perfectly uv unwrap every asset for some archviz projects and still have some good results (like in pre baked light mode)

        is this the correct link?
        https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI

        Thanks in advanced!!!

        Comment


          It will work in your GK110 Titan =]
          As far as I know the only restriction for VXGI is your GPU must be DX11 or higher (I use it on a Pitcairn AMD card).

          Is your Github account linked to your UE4 account?
          That is the the right link.

          EDIT: Maybe you want to go for the VXGI-Dev version, there's some discussion on the differences on the last page.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Xerithas View Post
            It will work in your GK110 Titan =]
            As far as I know the only restriction for VXGI is your GPU must be DX11 or higher (I use it on a Pitcairn AMD card).

            Is your Github account linked to your UE4 account?
            That is the the right link.

            EDIT: Maybe you want to go for the VXGI-Dev version, there's some discussion on the differences on the last page.

            Hey Xeritas! many thanks for the clarifications, so good news for me i guess

            As for my account I'm sure its not connected/linked because i don't know how to do this (in case there is some special operation to be done) but i have used the same email for registration on both platforms (only in different time frames) so i guess i am missing something out?


            ill check the dev version as you advised

            Many thanks again.

            Edit: I have mannaged to connect the 2 accounts and now i can access
            Last edited by Holographix; 07-24-2015, 08:21 AM.

            Comment


              Hello, have unreal engine 4.8.2 install i create hair on Maya export apx but when i want to import apx i got an error :

              failed to import filename.apx

              Can you help me plz

              Thanks you
              Last edited by JFU007; 07-24-2015, 12:56 PM. Reason: i have see new features are implemented in ue 4.8

              Comment


                For all those who are receiving a 404 error on the GitHub link, follow these steps:

                1) Go to www.unrealengine.com and log into your account.
                2) Click on the "Account" button on the top bar, then select the "Profile" tab.
                3) Make sure your EXACT username for GitHub is entered into "GITHUB ACCOUNT NAME" text-box (This is case sensitive! Make sure it is exact).
                4) Press the Save button and then Close/logout of your account
                5) Log in to GitHub and sign in with the SAME account as entered above

                Now come back to this page and click on the link that was 404'ing before. You are now a registered member of the "Epic Games" organization on GitHub.
                Last edited by DotCam; 07-24-2015, 01:22 PM.
                Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

                Comment


                  Originally posted by james fuji View Post
                  Hello, have unreal engine 4.8.2 install i create hair on Maya export apx but when i want to import apx i got an error :

                  failed to import filename.apx

                  Can you help me plz

                  Thanks you
                  You need to use the NVIDIA build of UE4 to use HairWorks.
                  NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                  Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                    You need to use the NVIDIA build of UE4 to use HairWorks.
                    I don t understand what i must do, can you explain me ? Thanks

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by james fuji View Post
                      I don t understand what i must do, can you explain me ? Thanks
                      NVIDIA are maintaining their own version of the engine for GameWorks integrations. So you need to download and compile their version of the engine. So for HairWorks, you will need to download the source from here: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/HairWorks and then compile, I believe the version of the engine is 4.7.6
                      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                      Comment


                        Does Hairworks required coding in UE4? I don't know any C++ at all... will I be able to use it with blueprint alone?
                        Last edited by Musetatron; 07-25-2015, 07:07 PM.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Musetatron View Post
                          Does Hairworks required coding in UE4? I don't know any C++ at all... will I be able to use it with blueprint alone?
                          No you don't need to know any C++ to work with HairWorks, its pretty much completely BP driven. You can have a look at my example map in my repo: https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...8_NVIDIA_Techs for an example of setting up hair and dynamically animating the parameters of the hair.
                          NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                          Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                          Comment


                            I'm getting tons of errors with the VXGI-dev branch. I followed the usual steps. The error starts with:

                            DeferredShadingRenderer.cpp... 'EndVxgiFinalPostProcessSettings' : is not a member of 'FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer'

                            and checking DeferredShadingRenderer.h we can see that it's not there so maybe there is something to fix. (I tried adding it myself but I got tons of other errors)

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by vimaxus View Post
                              I'm getting tons of errors with the VXGI-dev branch. I followed the usual steps. The error starts with:

                              DeferredShadingRenderer.cpp... 'EndVxgiFinalPostProcessSettings' : is not a member of 'FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer'

                              and checking DeferredShadingRenderer.h we can see that it's not there so maybe there is something to fix. (I tried adding it myself but I got tons of other errors)
                              Not your fault - the latest commit to vxgi-dev has wrong versions of some file(s). Mike is going to fix that. Until then, you can sync to the previous commit in that branch: af928492c170d1e35d98349b971de7ada5e01caf.

                              Comment


                                Any word on what Gameworks tech is expected to work in DX12 currently? Will they function when 4.9 is released, or does it need an update first?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X