• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

download few hours but:

http://www.imgim.com/2426incii4243827.jpg

Comment

Hi guys,

So I was hoping to use the new 4.8-dev branch. Compiled, all went well. Hbao works, which is the only feature I need, really. But unfortunately, I've got the same flickering using Deferred Decals as with GalaxyMan's merged 4.8 branch. This only happens in 4.8 branches, 4.7 had no issues. Here's a video to demonstrate what happens (switching Early Z-pass is what's causing this, shutting it off disables decals altogether )

https://youtu.be/JWq-EbM0uPI

There is something fishy with deferred decals even in the official release, but there I was able to fix it (following the same procedure here is a "no go").

So anyone has seen this before? Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comment

https://developer.nvidia.com/hairworks
        NVIDIA released HairWorks plugin for Maya 2016 & 3ds Max 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
          Hello, guys.

I've just gotten a 980Ti myself and opened a VXGI project I have here to see the performance improvement. Check it out:

GTX 780 (~9fps)

GTX 980Ti (~30fps)

Both tests with multibounces on, and the following setup:

In general, for non-VXGI stuff, the 980Ti gives me about 175% of the 780 performance.
          With VXGI stuff, it's 300% in this case.

More info and images here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...on)-VXGI-tests
          64 cones is way overkill, even as little as 8 is fine, 16 is probably the sweet spot, you could get even better performance with that setting(even on your 780)

Comment

Originally posted by iuhiuh View Post
            hey guys is there a way to start the kite demo in Galaxy Branch?
            http://prntscr.com/7tir5e
            pressed yes
            http://prntscr.com/7tirsq
            no one actually answered my question, is there somehow to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
              Yes, we will implement the tearing feature in UE4 for FleX cloth.
              when this feature will be implemented ? Do you have eta ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by iuhiuh View Post
                no one actually answered my question, is there somehow to fix it?
                Try opening that .sln and building it inside VS

Comment

Originally posted by enoes View Post
                  Sorry for the super late response here but.. Do the following steps..

1.Build the "Development Editor Win64"
                  2.Build the "DebugGame Win64"
                  3. Rename the "UE4Game-Win64-DebugGame.target.xml" in Engine/Build/Receipts to "UE4Game-Win64-Development.target.xml"
                  4. Opened HairWorks sample in the Editor then File-> Package Product -> Windows -> 64-bit

Make sure you have renamed it correctly so it's NOT UE4Game-Win64-Development.target.xml.xml
                  Last edited by Robert Gleaden; 07-21-2015, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Hi, has anyone tried using Ramas victory plugin with any of the NVIDIA branches, when I try to compile my game it complains that I am missing flex.h, but only if I have Ramas plugin installed in my projects Plugins folder.

Comment

Hi, has anyone had a problem importing .apx .apb files into U4? I've exported files from Maya using the HairWorks plugin and also using the FurViewer included in HairWorks 1.1, files transfer fine between Maya and FurViewer but nothing imports into U4. U4 doesn't give me a specific error other than "Failed to import '../../../../../FileName'. Failed to create asset '/Game/FolderName/FileName'"

Comment

Originally posted by Number47 View Post
                        Hi, has anyone tried using Ramas victory plugin with any of the NVIDIA branches, when I try to compile my game it complains that I am missing flex.h, but only if I have Ramas plugin installed in my projects Plugins folder.
                        I believe Rama's plugins have PhysX integrations right? If this is the case, then you will need to add FLEX to the DependencyModuleNames of the Build.cs of Rama's plugin, I had to do this myself for my project as I have some PhysX integration stuff, and it was complaining it couldn't find Flex.h until I added FLEX to the module list.
                        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                          I believe Rama's plugins have PhysX integrations right? If this is the case, then you will need to add FLEX to the DependencyModuleNames of the Build.cs of Rama's plugin, I had to do this myself for my project as I have some PhysX integration stuff, and it was complaining it couldn't find Flex.h until I added FLEX to the module list.
                          You were right this indeed worked for me! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JECOGames View Post
                            64 cones is way overkill, even as little as 8 is fine, 16 is probably the sweet spot, you could get even better performance with that setting(even on your 780)
                            I've actually managed to get acceptable results with 32 in this scene after some tweaks. 16 will start adding some ugly shadow areas in some places and that's not suitable for the kind of quality I need for this archviz... Maybe with some fake light work I could get better visuals, but my goal here is to use VXGI as a painless replacement for lightmaps and get more liberty with light interactions without compromising the overal light quality.
                            Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
                            Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by jdcart View Post
                              Hi, has anyone had a problem importing .apx .apb files into U4? I've exported files from Maya using the HairWorks plugin and also using the FurViewer included in HairWorks 1.1, files transfer fine between Maya and FurViewer but nothing imports into U4. U4 doesn't give me a specific error other than "Failed to import '../../../../../FileName'. Failed to create asset '/Game/FolderName/FileName'"
                              Are you using the NVIDIA branch? As that error normally crops up because someone has tried to import a hairworks APX into a standard UE4 build. Otherwise Im not sure what else it could be, I have not actually used Maya Hairworks plugin, only 3dsmax which I can validate works fine.
                              NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                              Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                                Are you using the NVIDIA branch? As that error normally crops up because someone has tried to import a hairworks APX into a standard UE4 build. Otherwise Im not sure what else it could be, I have not actually used Maya Hairworks plugin, only 3dsmax which I can validate works fine.
                                I was having a little bit of trouble setting up the branch (I'm still trying to understand how to use GitHub, Visual Studio, etc.) so it wasn't working properly. Now everything is fine and I was able to import the file. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X