No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Alexey thanks for the reply, ok turned on the debug mode and the wall didn't show up at all in the visualization so flipped the normals and it works fine.
    All one material and one mesh - just a test scene - will remodel the scene and try again...

With models are there certain considerations that need to be made when using vxgi?
    I just noticed in the debug mode most of the small details on the chairs don't get voxelized. Or are there ways to over sample small details like this?

I'm not that interested in frame rates - just stills for now, so have the diffuse trace cones set to 256 which is pretty much as high as my card can go without crashing...

Thanks I'll try out the latest build tonight and will also test those BaseEngine.ini options.

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
      @ Alexey, are those the release notes of the next VXGI update? When will it get released ? Thanks.
      It's already out in the VXGI-dev branch. You can ignore the "-dev" part, it's stable.

Comment

so its time to call "THE GALAXYMAN" xD
        @mikand79
        Thank you!
        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by richst42 View Post
          With models are there certain considerations that need to be made when using vxgi?
          I just noticed in the debug mode most of the small details on the chairs don't get voxelized. Or are there ways to over sample small details like this?
          You can get the small features to voxelize in the emittance map by enabling Vxgi Coverage Supersampling in material properties (just for those objects - it's really slow). But probably you won't see a difference in the end result.

Regarding models, I think the most important thing is that in order to avoid light leaking, you should make walls and other large opaque objects really thick. Small geometry usually looks good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Gleaden View Post
            That is correct. Galaxyman2015 branch is on 4.8 with all gameworks features. Which you can find here
            https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...8_NVIDIA_Techs
            Thanks Robert.

Comment

Hi Alex, do you have an eta on the next Flex update? I look forward to being able to add a Flex surface emitter to a blueprint.

Comment

Hi Alex. May I add to 47's question by enquiring about the state of Hairworks? Thanks!

Comment

Is there a way to have the HBAO only show up in indirectly lit areas? thanks

Comment

hey guys is there a way to start the kite demo in Galaxy Branch?
                    http://prntscr.com/7tir5e
                    pressed yes
                    http://prntscr.com/7tirsq

Comment

Originally posted by Number47 View Post
                      Hi Alex, do you have an eta on the next Flex update? I look forward to being able to add a Flex surface emitter to a blueprint.
                      Next week, if all goes well with out testing.
                      --Mike

Comment

We won't be pushing any new code to the HairWorks branch in the near future. We don't have an ETA on the next update.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
                          It's already out in the VXGI-dev branch. You can ignore the "-dev" part, it's stable.
                          It's stable, but the integration should have gone on top of 4.8.1, but I wasn't careful enough when I did it and I merged it onto the head revision, which is 4.8.2. After inspecting the changelists more closely, I realize that I accidentally changed some completely unrelated engine code, reverting it to 4.8.1 (navigation mesh code, some editor code), so I need to fix this before I merge to the VXGI branch. The VXGI-dev branch is indeed stable, but be careful if you merge it to a 4.8.2 branch because it may overwrite some of the 4.8.2 changes.

--Mike

Comment

Is there an ETA for buoyancy for Waveworks? (Boat, or something similiar)

Comment

Originally posted by richst42 View Post
                              Is there a way to have the HBAO only show up in indirectly lit areas? thanks
                              The way it's currently integrated, no. It is multiplied into the color buffer, it doesn't properly replace engine's AO. But I think it's possible to integrate it better.

Comment

I got a question about Flex, the physics use a different collision than the default player ? because the default is a capsule and here you can see how the physics draw a box collision.
                                Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                                Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Working...
                                X