No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an ETA for buy buoyancy for Waveworks? (Boat, or something similiar)

Comment

Coming from a film/vfx background... What would be awesome is if waveworks was able to switch to doing a flex fluid sim around the player, using the waveworks surface as a base to advect the flex particles - to keep the shape of the wave. And then blend that flex fluid back in in with the waveworks surface a certain distance away. Then you could have this massive ocean interacting with the player and your boat could be a rigid body body flex object that would already have a buoyancy option consider that a feature request :P

Comment

Thanks for the builds GalaxyMan! they work great

Comment

Just a quick question. Is every gameworks feature going to be implemented? Also how difficult is implementing? Cause I got loads of free time and need a project.

Comment

Hello, guys.

I've just gotten a 980Ti myself and opened a VXGI project I have here to see the performance improvement. Check it out:

GTX 780 (~9fps)

GTX 980Ti (~30fps)

Both tests with multibounces on, and the following setup:

In general, for non-VXGI stuff, the 980Ti gives me about 175% of the 780 performance.
            With VXGI stuff, it's 300% in this case.

More info and images here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...on)-VXGI-tests
            Attached Files
            Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
            Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Is tearable cloth working in the latest nvidia flex branch? I really need this for an upcoming project.

Check out my discord -> https://discord.gg/kQdVwJ3

Follow us on twitter to get updates on new products and special offers -> https://twitter.com/BlackFangTech

Black Fang Technologies' products -> https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...20Technologies

Comment

Hey guys I haven't posted in a while and haven't been staying up with the thread too much so I'm not sure if this has been issue has been noticed. In 4.8 there is an option for surface per-pixel rendering on translucent materials, which requires forward lighting to be enabled. Forward lighting crashes VXGI instantly. The new shading model looks fantastic and I would love to use it, but VXGI is not currently compatible it seems. Disabling VXGI voxelation on the material does not help.

Comment

hello guys! i saw example about screen space reflection + vxgi spec tracing combination and i didn't get how did you guys do that. Can i get litttle bit of information about that?
                  Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Its so difficult to find things back in this thread.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post317027

You need to change ScreenSpaceReflections.cpp, ReflectionEnvironmentShaders.usf, recompile and you have VXGI spec tracing and SSR combined.

In ScreenSpaceReflections.cpp
                    Code:
                    bool DoScreenSpaceReflections(const FViewInfo& View)
                    comment out the VXGI block disabling SSR. Its on the beginning of that function. In ReflectionEnvironmentShaders.usf you just change the order as in Mr Scheidecker's post so things mix up right.
                    Last edited by Mikand79; 07-15-2015, 05:30 AM. Reason: Helpful to name a function ;)

Comment

I wonder what type of candy we'll find in the new VXGI-dev official branch from Nvidia... downloading now...

Comment

Originally posted by vimaxus View Post
                        I wonder what type of candy we'll find in the new VXGI-dev official branch from Nvidia... downloading now...
                        VXGI-dev is currently just a staging branch that will be merged into VXGI branch soon. It's not really a dev or next beta version.

Release notes, which you can also find in Readme.md:

UE 4.8.2 + VXGI 0.9 CL 19731094
                        1. Upgrade to UE 4.8.2
                        2. HBAO+ integrated, disabled by default.
                        3. Voxelization parameters, such as map size or emittance storage format, are now controlled with cvars and can be modified at run time. Note that changing these parameters means that VXGI will re-create all its textures, so it shouldn't be done frequently. The new cvars are:
                          • r.VXGI.MapSize
                          • r.VXGI.StackLevels
                          • r.VXGI.Opacity6D
                          • r.VXGI.Emittance6D
                          • r.VXGI.NvidiaExtensionsEnable
                          • r.VXGI.StoreEmittanceInHdrFormat
                          • r.VXGI.EmittanceStorageScale
                          • r.VXGI.EmittanceInterpolationEnable
                          • r.VXGI.HighQualityEmittanceDownsamplingEnable
                        4. Added support for diffuse environment map lighting, and tints for diffuse and specular environment maps.
                        5. Exposed more specular tracing filters, including temporal filter, in Post-process Volume parameters.
                        6. Fixed a bug that made the banding artifacts in specular tracing results worse.
                        7. Added an observation mechanism to control that indirect irradiance doesn't blow up, enabled by r.VXGI.MultiBounceNormalizationEnable (on by default). When it detects a blow-up, it reduces the internally used value of irradiance scale until the user changes this setting.
                        8. Made the engine render shadow maps when a light is using distance field shadow and also casts VXGI indirect lighting.
                        9. Improved performance of the ambient occlusion mode.
                        10. Added VXGI world-space and screen-space processing times to "stat unit" output (labeled as VXGI WS and VXGI SS, respectively).
                        11. Fixed the issue with VXGI specular disappearing when a reflection probe is added to the scene.
                        12. VXGI specular can now be combined with SSR, controlled by cvar r.VXGI.CombineSpecularWithSSR.
                        13. VXGI specular is now combined with sky light reflections.
                        14. Sky lights now affect VXGI voxelization when multi-bounce GI is enabled.
                        15. Added support for adaptive sampling of materials during voxelization, which is useful to make voxelization results of meshes with high-frequency masked emissive components stable.

Comment

Hello, I'm testing out vxgi in a test scene. When the directional light casts light on the ground and tables, I'm getting a decent amount of GI in the scene, but when it lands on the far right wall, the GI contribution is hardly noticeable...
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	vxgi2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	487.3 KB
ID:	1081757
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	vxgi1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	748.4 KB
ID:	1081758

Is there a max distance somewhere that I can increase the GI trace distance?
                          Also, How can I check to make sure I'm using multi-bounce GI? I've followed the instructions from Mike's earlier post but I'm not seeing any difference.
                          I'm using GalaxyMan's latest build.

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by richst42 View Post
                            Hello, I'm testing out vxgi in a test scene. When the directional light casts light on the ground and tables, I'm getting a decent amount of GI in the scene, but when it lands on the far right wall, the GI contribution is hardly noticeable...

Is there a max distance somewhere that I can increase the GI trace distance?
                            Also, How can I check to make sure I'm using multi-bounce GI? I've followed the instructions from Mike's earlier post but I'm not seeing any difference.
                            I'm using GalaxyMan's latest build.

Thanks !
                            Can you attach a screenshot for the emittance voxel visualization for the wall case? Set r.VXGI.DebugMode = 3 to see it.
                            One thing that comes to mind is that you may have set the "Use with VXGI voxelization" parameter unchecked on your wall material.

Multi-bounce GI is enabled from BaseEngine.ini and by r.VXGI.MultiBounceEnable in that older version. You may also need to set bVxgiStoreEmittanceInHdrFormat=true in BaseEngine.ini because the multibounce contribution is usually quite small, and it can be rounded to 0 unless HDR textures are used to store emittance voxels. In the new version (currently in VXGI-dev branch), everything is controlled by console variables.

EDIT: one more guess for your issue. Is diffuse tracing configured to use only 1 cone? That would explain the absent GI in the wall case (the wall would not affect horizontal surfaces at all) and generally not-so-good look in the other case.
                            Last edited by Alexey.Panteleev; 07-15-2015, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Hi there,

I'm currently "playing" with the last Nvidia branch released, everything is gold
                              But, does anybody know if there is a way to get the reflections working again on translucent material when the vxgispecular function is missing with the ssr?
                              The r.VXGI.CombineSpecularWithSSR cvar even set on 1 seems to make no difference with to this kind of material

big_epic_sad_sad_face.pcx joined with this message (yeaaaah a pcx file !)

Comment

@ Alexey, are those the release notes of the next VXGI update? When will it get released ? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X