Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iuhiuh View Post
    i started this project with the default nvidia editor and it failed again
    That is because you are using the default Nvidia branch, This will cause the editor to not package. Please use my branch it will fix the package but we are unsure if the hair will actually show up or not, For me it's fine but other people are reporting lots of different results, we are figuring it out!

Comment

okay will report back with your branch + project

one question what did you add to the project to make the project packaging work?

edit : BUILD FAILED again....
      Last edited by iuhiuh; 06-30-2015, 03:54 PM.

Comment

okay will report back with your branch + project

one question what did you add to the project to make the project packaging work?
        Absolutely nothing.. I compiled the NVidia one and everything works perfectly on my end.. I recon it's something the All Tech project.. But i can't figure it out.. It's a test to see what builds and what doesn't!

EDIT: If the build fails could you please send me the logs in the project/Saved/Logs folder Upload them onto pastebin or something like that, Then it will give me some idea of what I can do!
        Last edited by Robert Gleaden; 06-30-2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

here my log file when packaging failed ... http://www.file-upload.net/download-...sDemo.log.html

Comment

here my log file when packaging failed ... http://www.file-upload.net/download-...sDemo.log.html
            Right this isn't an issue, You just haven't built the Game Binaries that all just follow these instructions then you should be alright..

Build the "Development Editor Win64"
            Build the "DebugGame Win64"
            Rename the "UE4Game-Win64-DebugGame.target.xml" in Engine/Build/Receipts to "UE4Game-Win64-Development.target.xml"
            Opened HairWorks sample in the Editor then File-> Package Product -> Windows -> 64-bit

EDIT: Then just clarify when packaged that the HairWorks DLL is in Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/HairWorks/GFSDK_HairWorks.win64.dll for the packaged game if not please copy it manually from the UE4 Source
            Last edited by Robert Gleaden; 07-01-2015, 07:40 AM.

Comment

okay allright

will do this one :
              Rename the "UE4Game-Win64-DebugGame.target.xml" in Engine/Build/Receipts to "UE4Game-Win64-Development.target.xml"

and then report back

edit: again FAILED.... http://www.file-upload.net/download-...sDemo.log.html log file
              Last edited by iuhiuh; 07-01-2015, 08:34 AM.

Comment

okay allright

will do this one :

and then report back

edit: again FAILED.... http://www.file-upload.net/download-...sDemo.log.html log file
                Are you sure you did everything correct?
                This line in the log
                [2015.07.01-12.30.49:218][551]MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Missing receipt 'UE4Game-Win64-Development.target.xml'. Check that this target has been built.
                means it cannot find that receipt... Make sure you have renamed it or it will not build correctly..

Comment

OPS my fault, it was like this : UE4Game-Win64-Development.target.xml.xml... thats why it couldnt find it next try...
                  will report back

edit: IT WORKED! looks perfect http://prntscr.com/7nli2z thanks so much robert.. so it means i can use my project and package it? awesome.. you are my hero
                  Last edited by iuhiuh; 07-01-2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

OPS my fault, it was like this : UE4Game-Win64-Development.target.xml.xml... thats why it couldnt find it next try...
                    will report back

edit: IT WORKED! looks perfect http://prntscr.com/7nli2z thanks so much robert.. so it means i can use my project and package it? awesome.. you are my hero
                    Right thank you for that! Now narrowed it down.. It's something to do with the project! Thank you for testing that for me!

EDIT: I have no idea whats up the project, I cannot see anything to stop the hair being glitched in the Project,I have tried the Lights to see if it's a VXGI issue, No luck there, It all works in the Editor, I wonder if someone from either NVidia or Epic can help us answer this question, We have seen it's possible to package hairworks, We just can't package this particular project, It's very frustrating and I can't for the life of me figure this out
                    Last edited by Robert Gleaden; 07-01-2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

hi im new to this gamework, can anyone have a simple instruction on how to install it in ue4? i download the zip file

Comment

Is there currently any way to use the Sky Light for VXGI? Would probably be helpful getting the colors right in the VXGI specular, and help out occlusion since we can't use DFAO with VXGI as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
                          Is there currently any way to use the Sky Light for VXGI? Would probably be helpful getting the colors right in the VXGI specular, and help out occlusion since we can't use DFAO with VXGI as of yet.
                          I don't believe so, This is down to nVidia to intergrate so hopefully we will have it someday!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Gleaden View Post
                            Right thank you for that! Now narrowed it down.. It's something to do with the project! Thank you for testing that for me!

EDIT: I have no idea whats up the project, I cannot see anything to stop the hair being glitched in the Project,I have tried the Lights to see if it's a VXGI issue, No luck there, It all works in the Editor, I wonder if someone from either NVidia or Epic can help us answer this question, We have seen it's possible to package hairworks, We just can't package this particular project, It's very frustrating and I can't for the life of me figure this out

looks great for me, no problems no glitches http://i.imgur.com/SUBuYYs.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
                              Originally posted by Robert Gleaden View Post
                              I don't believe so, This is down to nVidia to intergrate so hopefully we will have it someday!
                              The latest development version of VXGI (will be released soon) supports environment maps for both diffuse and specular tracing, with tints.

How do you want it to interact with skylights?

Comment

packaging with my project works too, no flickering nothing http://prntscr.com/7nylmn

Comment

Working...
                                X