Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    https://developer.nvidia.com/content...rks-11-release
    HairWorks 1.1 Release

    Comment


      Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
      He has done a pull request to my branch, I am just testing them now, and if I get a successful build, I will accept the pull request.

      EDIT: Even with the above fixes, packaging works fine, but the hair vanishes in game for me.
      I have just compiled directly from my branch and it all compiles mine and the hairworks, If anyone else can compile and check here: https://github.com/kingbobski/UnrealEngine/tree/patch-1

      I have no issue with it but two other people have, If we could get a few more people to compile it, I have also checked my own UE4 fork (On my private server) and i have not done any other fixes other the ones in the pull requests.. I think it will be a prerequisite issue but currently unknown!

      Hope you guys enjoy it if we can get it all working!

      Originally posted by Aabs Inc. View Post
      This looks fantastic! Thanks for the link, I just hope Nvidia get this into their UE branch ASAP!

      Originally posted by lion032 View Post
      Hey,

      can you please elaborate regarding the reason for this error?

      [2015.06.29-17.56.08:991][ 0]LogFlex:Warning: Flex Error: Could not initialize Flex, error querying devices., ../../../flex.cu:4610

      My setup is a bit unique, I have 2 AMD R9 290x that I use for other development and now I also have GTX960 just for Flex research.

      The GTX960 is set to be the main display and the flex 0.8 standalone demo works as it should the UE integration on the other hand fails.

      P.S.

      Would it be possible to get an update on the DirectCompute version? I am working on a project where we want to use Flex as core gameplay mechanism.

      Have you tried completely disabling the AMD card, I just have a Nvidia card and it's all good! Also I would not exactly make a core gameplay mechanic to be Flex because that will then an Nvidia Exclusive game! But if that's how you want to do it!
      Last edited by Robert Gleaden; 06-29-2015, 04:05 PM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
        I understand English is not your first language. If you would be using Google Translate you probably would be easier to understand. This request of yours doesn't make any sense..
        ı download to galaxyman2015 nvidia tech bracnh and compile but not a package project build error
        I guess 2 fix files and fix package problem
        I copy and paste all on the visual studio save and close
        open ue4.sln file and compile again
        open ue4 new level fps dont touch anything and click the package project windows so time wait and build error
        dont do to ssr setting
        ufff dont everything..
        please have this branch and fixes please upload to me torrent or another...

        Comment


          Originally posted by enoes View Post
          ı download to galaxyman2015 nvidia tech bracnh and compile but not a package project build error
          I guess 2 fix files and fix package problem
          I copy and paste all on the visual studio save and close
          open ue4.sln file and compile again
          open ue4 new level fps dont touch anything and click the package project windows so time wait and build error
          dont do to ssr setting
          ufff dont everything..
          please have this branch and fixes please upload to me torrent or another...
          From the context, I can only understand you cannot package a game, This community of aware of this issue and we are working on fixes to get games to package correctly!

          Comment


            @Mike: Any idea when you guys start implementing FaceWorks?
            ArtStation - Portfolio

            Comment


              Originally posted by Robert Gleaden View Post
              I have just compiled directly from my branch and it all compiles mine and the hairworks, If anyone else can compile and check here: https://github.com/kingbobski/UnrealEngine/tree/patch-1

              I have no issue with it but two other people have, If we could get a few more people to compile it, I have also checked my own UE4 fork (On my private server) and i have not done any other fixes other the ones in the pull requests.. I think it will be a prerequisite issue but currently unknown!

              Hope you guys enjoy it if we can get it all working!



              This looks fantastic! Thanks for the link, I just hope Nvidia get this into their UE branch ASAP!




              Have you tried completely disabling the AMD card, I just have a Nvidia card and it's all good! Also I would not exactly make a core gameplay mechanic to be Flex because that will then an Nvidia Exclusive game! But if that's how you want to do it!
              Dude i will test it for you thanks so much !

              Comment


                Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                @Mike: Any idea when you guys start implementing FaceWorks?
                If you mean FaceFX (I don't believe FaceWorks exists) You can find more information and know when it is released. https://unreal.facefx.com/

                Originally posted by iuhiuh View Post
                Dude i will test it for you thanks so much !
                Thank you very much Please just post it here or DM if you have an issues.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Robert Gleaden View Post
                  If you mean FaceFX (I don't believe FaceWorks exists) You can find more information and know when it is released. https://unreal.facefx.com/
                  I think he meant this: https://developer.nvidia.com/faceworks

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
                    Ohh right! Sorry about that completely forgot about that! So many GameWorks technologies now!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by iuhiuh View Post
                      Dude i will test it for you thanks so much !
                      I'd be interested in the results of that test as well, considering mine and Roberts branches are no different, I only have an NVIDIA card, im wondering what the issue could be.
                      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                        I'd be interested in the results of that test as well, considering mine and Roberts branches are no different, I only have an NVIDIA card, im wondering what the issue could be.
                        Can you just confirm that inside the package game under Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty you have the HairWorks Folder and the dll inside?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Robert Gleaden View Post
                          Can you just confirm that inside the package game under Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty you have the HairWorks Folder and the dll inside?
                          Confirmed, the hair does appear for a split second in a packaged build, so its not an issue with the actual packaging, but the execution. Works fine in a non packaged build. Will need to do some diagnosis at some point.
                          NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                          Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                          Comment


                            with robert gleaden branch it failed to package aswell but it look longer than your default branch

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                              Confirmed, the hair does appear for a split second in a packaged build, so its not an issue with the actual packaging, but the execution. Works fine in a non packaged build. Will need to do some diagnosis at some point.
                              This is very strange, The default NVidia project will pacakage and i can see the hair just fine, But the NVAllTech demo won't.. I am currently uploading the nvidia hariworks into a ZIP for you to try and build and see if it's visible.. I can't seem to find anything different with the projects.. I am completely confused.

                              Originally posted by iuhiuh View Post
                              with robert gleaden branch it failed to package aswell but it look longer than your default branch
                              So for you it's failing to package completely.. This is rather strange..

                              EDIT: Can you both try to donwload this and then build this project, It's the Nvidia hairworks default project
                              https://mega.co.nz/#!34pAmTZI!LfrWHR...mYcyfPcFvGDxDU
                              Last edited by Robert Gleaden; 06-30-2015, 01:41 PM.

                              Comment


                                i started this project with the default nvidia editor and it failed again

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X