Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
    In editor i can clearly see multi-bounces.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]44105[/ATTACH]
    Why cant we bake light onto foliage like this to save performance? It would still look pretty decent even duplicated around if you can bake the leaf textures and blend between different materials based on tod, no? Why must the g.i. still be present and not be able to be baked into 1 tree and then duplicate that baked tree around without baking tons of trees at once?

    Is this a feature that doesn't exist yet? To bake 1 thing and be able to duplicate it with the lighting and bake information on that object intact without having to re-bake or bake it together?
    Last edited by CyberDev; 06-21-2015, 01:04 AM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
      what? im on Galaxy man's build and its working perfect. Speculars reflections are all working..
      For some reason I can't get both SSR and VXGI spec to work anymore with this latest version, even when i make the modification to the shader code:
      SpecularLighting.rgb += ScreenSpaceData.VxgiSpecular.rgb;

      Comment


        Yes I noticed that too. SSR gets disabled somewhere else earlier AFAICS. I dont know where.

        Comment


          oh... Screen Space Reflections right? I thought it supposed to do this. By the way why do you guys need SSR? when we have this awesome reflection?
          Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

          Comment


            My card is too bad to handle VXGI spec anyways but always know all your options. VXGI specular is quite unsharp isnt it? Looks gorcious for soft polished things but if you need something sharper....

            Dynamic reflection captures would be cool. (probably exist but Im too numb to know how to enable and use them)

            Comment


              Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
              My card is too bad to handle VXGI spec anyways but always know all your options. VXGI specular is quite unsharp isnt it? Looks gorcious for soft polished things but if you need something sharper....

              Dynamic reflection captures would be cool. (probably exist but Im too numb to know how to enable and use them)
              yeah but it does the job :P By the way i hate SSR with its pixelated result. Only thing that i love from SSR is floor, flat surface reflection
              Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
                Dynamic reflection captures would be cool. (probably exist but Im too numb to know how to enable and use them)
                You're not alone, I also wonder if there is a way to get dynamic reflection captures, but haven't found anything on the forums yet.
                I'm not sure if it would work by just exposing the update functionality to make it blueprint callable, but might be worth a try? (I'm not a coder, so this is just a guess)

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                  All of these branches are PC-only.
                  Hey guys, I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 and having trouble getting GalaxyMan's merged version to compile. I'm mostly interested in the Flex integration, and Waveworks when it is available. Machine is dual Xeon E5-2640 with 4 Titan Blacks, CUDA 7, with NVidia driver 352.21.

                  On the Flex side, the supplied binary demo runs fine. Recompiling on the machine, however, seems to negate all of the collisions and all but convex meshes and sdf fall through the domain and pass through each other.

                  Is anyone else performing builds on a linux box with success?

                  Comment


                    Figured I would chime in with a +1 for Epic to implement plugin support for modifying the rendering engine. I have serious doubts about my skills as a github user and getting everything to play nicely. This would also be a huge benefit for the ArcViz crowd that may or may not be programmers. Going from AutoCAD / Inventor to UE4, and then needing to learn about github branch management and compiling? No thanks!

                    Please Epic!
                    WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                    World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                    WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Whoop86 View Post
                      Hey guys, I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 and having trouble getting GalaxyMan's merged version to compile. I'm mostly interested in the Flex integration, and Waveworks when it is available. Machine is dual Xeon E5-2640 with 4 Titan Blacks, CUDA 7, with NVidia driver 352.21.

                      On the Flex side, the supplied binary demo runs fine. Recompiling on the machine, however, seems to negate all of the collisions and all but convex meshes and sdf fall through the domain and pass through each other.

                      Is anyone else performing builds on a linux box with success?
                      Currently all the GameWorks branches are Windows-only.

                      Comment


                        @Galaxyman2015 > Could it be your build messes a bit with the new 4.8 procedural foliage volumes? They seem to be missing their boundingboxes as well as the simulate functionality. 'Flex' collision?
                        https://www.artstation.com/chesire

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                          @Galaxyman2015 > Could it be your build messes a bit with the new 4.8 procedural foliage volumes? They seem to be missing their boundingboxes as well as the simulate functionality. 'Flex' collision?
                          No, hadn't actually tried them, so I gave them a go now and everything seems to be in order. I can see the bounding volumes, and the simulate seems to work fine.
                          NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                          Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                          Comment


                            @Galaxyman2015

                            thank you for your help we finally can play with the magic of nvidia.

                            and ........ is it somethings special need to known if I want to package my level(try a lot of times and even copy to other's PCs,it still not succeed )

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by WuRuiHeng View Post
                              @Galaxyman2015

                              thank you for your help we finally can play with the magic of nvidia.

                              and ........ is it somethings special need to known if I want to package my level(try a lot of times and even copy to other's PCs,it still not succeed )
                              I dont believe packaging works at this time for my build, I know there are a couple of pull requests on the main NVIDIA branch for fixing packaging with HairWorks, so maybe imlpementing that would allow packaging for all techs to work (maybe not). Each tech might have its own reasons for packaging failing. At this time I have no plans to look at that, as my version of the engine is still in constant flux, once it settles down and I have all the features I want, then I will take some time to look at it, but that is still a while away.

                              I am happy to accept any pull requests from anyone who may be looking at fixing packaging.
                              NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                              Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                              Comment


                                thank you !!!!!You look like you're always online!!!!!!!!! thank you so much!!!!!!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X