NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iuhiuh View Post
    Hey GalaxyMan, awesome job to the branches but always when i finish building your latest branch i get always error starting the unreal engine 4 exe .. i got this in all of your branches...can you help?
    something is wrong with the UE4Editor-engine.dll
    Originally posted by WuRuiHeng View Post
    Hi Galaxyman2015
    Thank you for your powerful version of UE4
    are there any special things I need to known about how to build your UE4?
    after building it ,it always crash(and my friends' one also crash)

Thank you again
    sorry for my english
    As per Gandosh's post. There are two things you need to watch out for:

1. VXGI requires you recompile the ShaderCompilerWorker program, otherwise you will get a crash
    2. The setup.bat will actually overwrite (if you select Y) some pre-requisites that VXGI require. So you will need to re-copy the Source\ThirdParty\NVIDIA\nvapi directory over from my branch and replace all files.
    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

how to recompile the ShaderCompilerWorker program? choose development instead of development Editor????????? or anything else ??begging for help!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WuRuiHeng View Post
        how to recompile the ShaderCompilerWorker program? choose development instead of development Editor????????? or anything else ??begging for help!!!!!!
        In the solution explorer, under Programs, should be a C++ project called "ShaderCompilerWorker" right click it and select Build

Comment

Thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and my friends also thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks galaxyman2015 .
            I am downloading this latest branch of yours by downloading the zip file. Hope it is also up to date.

I am new to Git. I hope git clone https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/UnrealEngine.git will give me your latest update with LPV .

A question I had is https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/UnrealEngine.git is also the git ADDRESS for other branches as well , like 4.8 , 4.7 , 4.6 . How are they distinguished , with the SAME ADDRESS ?

Comment

Originally posted by ScientificArtist View Post
              Thanks galaxyman2015 .
              I am downloading this latest branch of yours by downloading the zip file. Hope it is also up to date.

I am new to Git. I hope git clone https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/UnrealEngine.git will give me your latest update with LPV .

A question I had is https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/UnrealEngine.git is also the git ADDRESS for other branches as well , like 4.8 , 4.7 , 4.6 . How are they distinguished , with the SAME ADDRESS ?
              Once you have cloned my repo, change the branch to "4.8_NVIDIA_Techs" this is the one that contains all the NVIDIA techs, the POM material function and the latest LPV changes.

Comment

Thank you. I will try that. I hope downloading the zip file also does the job with going to the Git shell ?

Comment

Thank you. I will try that. I hope downloading the zip file also does the job with going to the Git shell ?
                  As long as you select the 4.8_NVIDIA_Techs branch first (Or go directly to the link I posted when I released the branch) then download ZIP, it will download the ZIP for that branch

Comment

Thanks a lot man. Yes I selected the 4.8_NVIDIA_Techs branch first from the Dropdown menu , and then downloaded the zip. So cool !!

So, the Git shell sequence would be as far as I understand from google would be :

git clone https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/UnrealEngine.git
                    git branch 4.8_NVIDIA_Techs
                    git pull

then I am ready to go ahead with your latest LPV code , right ? Please confirm. If I am wrong or missing something please edit !!

Comment

If i did not choose Y to overwrite i dont need to backup Source\ThirdParty\NVIDIA\nvapi this path right?
                      Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Thanks a lot man. Yes I selected the 4.8_NVIDIA_Techs branch first from the Dropdown menu , and then downloaded the zip. So cool !!

So, the Git shell sequence would be as far as I understand from google would be :

git branch 4.8_NVIDIA_Techs
                        git pull

then I am ready to go ahead with your latest LPV code , right ? Please confirm. If I am wrong or missing something please edit !!
                        Looks right, im not git master, I usually end up wrecking my repo (or branches) coz I am not very good with git.

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                        If i did not choose Y to overwrite i dont need to backup Source\ThirdParty\NVIDIA\nvapi this path right?
                        I believe so, but I would just in case, I usually have difficulties when I first get setup with VXGI.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                          Looks right, im not git master, I usually end up wrecking my repo (or branches) coz I am not very good with git.

I believe so, but I would just in case, I usually have difficulties when I first get setup with VXGI.
                          I usually do something like this:

.\Setup.bat
                          git branch -t 4.8_NVIDIA_Techs origin/4.8_NVIDIA_Techs
                          git checkout 4.8_NVIDIA_Techs
                          .\GenerateProjectFiles.bat
                          .\UE4.sln

This sequence creates a local branch that will track the remote branch, then checks it out.

Comment

It worked million thanks galaxy

edit: everything is perfect.. one big problem is i overclocked my gpu's memory to 600mhz+ and when i always start your editor branch it will downclock to the default.. why is that?
                            when i close the editor im getting the 600mhz+ again, opening the default hairworks branch from nvidia doesnt downclock
                            Last edited by iuhiuh; 06-17-2015, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iuhiuh View Post
                              It worked million thanks galaxy

edit: everything is perfect.. one big problem is i overclocked my gpu's memory to 600mhz+ and when i always start your editor branch it will downclock to the default.. why is that?
                              when i close the editor im getting the 600mhz+ again, opening the default hairworks branch from nvidia doesnt downclock
                              This is not an issue directly related to GalaxyMan's branch. It's more likely your driver (or OC tool maybe) which clocks your GPU down.
                              GalaxyMan's branch integrates many performance heavy features (not only HairWorks, but VXGI and HBAO+ too for example), which can cause your GPU to heat up as it works and eventually clock it down as safety measurement, at least this is the only reason I can come up with.

Comment

the problem is the editor isnt even fully open.. its loading with the 50% and its already downclocked.. lol.. definitly a bug and not a driver issues never had that problem with my gtx 980ti

Comment

Working...
                                X