No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coz there was no HBAO+ doco at the time. If there is now, I will add it.
    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Thank you very much Galaxyman2015 for the reply. I request for a small help.

I wish to observe the effects of HBAO+ in UE4. Before starting Unreal in UnrealEngine-4.8_NVIDIA_Techs/Binaries/Win64 - UE4Editor.exe , I set r.HBAO.Enable 1 in UnrealEngine-4.8_NVIDIA_Techs/Engine/Config/ConsoleVariables.ini . After the engine starts , can you please guide as to how to see the HBAO+ effects in UE4 ?

As far as I understand , it is for ' special soft shadows '. (For example, to observe the VXGI effect , we need to select the light elements, as every light element in the scene has a VXGI parameter to vary for effects. ) When I open NVTechDemos/NVTechDemos.uproject , it opens HairWorksExampleMap as one of the tabs .

Please help ..

Comment

r.HBAO.VisualizeAO 1 in the console should show u the AO contribution.

The NVTechDemos, are my demos, they are in no way connected to NVIDIA, there is a HairWorks demo and two VXGI ones, they aren't anything spectacular, just some quick examples to show the tech.

Comment

Can you give a quick overview which features/branches will work on XB One and PS4 ?
          --------------------------------------------------------
          [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
          [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Comment

Originally posted by order66 View Post
            Can you give a quick overview which features/branches will work on XB One and PS4 ?
            Yeah, would be nice to know how fast one could meltdown one of these with GameWorks. Just kidding. I would like to get some clarification too, but for a different aspect.

It would be nice to know how well (or if at all) the current provided techs (WaveWorks, HBAO+, VXGI, Flex, HairWorks and Turbulence) work on different gpu architectures (Maxwell, Kepler and AMD ones).
            Some kind of table or rough explanation would be very nice, since I have no way of testing these techs across different GPUs. I only have my single 970 and nothing else, so getting a bit of light in the dark would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by order66 View Post
              All of these branches are PC-only.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
                Yeah, would be nice to know how fast one could meltdown one of these with GameWorks. Just kidding. I would like to get some clarification too, but for a different aspect.

It would be nice to know how well (or if at all) the current provided techs (WaveWorks, HBAO+, VXGI, Flex, HairWorks and Turbulence) work on different gpu architectures (Maxwell, Kepler and AMD ones).
                Some kind of table or rough explanation would be very nice, since I have no way of testing these techs across different GPUs. I only have my single 970 and nothing else, so getting a bit of light in the dark would be appreciated.
                VXGI and HairWorks are DX11 techs primarily targeting the most recent architectures, both will run on NV or AMD, and both should run on Kepler cards if the settings are tuned back a bit. WaveWorks, Turbulence and FleX are implemented in CUDA, but will run on Kepler cards as well as Maxwell. I think HBAO+ runs across all NV-Kepler/Maxwell as well as AMD, I'll have to verify that.

--Mike
                Last edited by Mike.Skolones; 06-16-2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

After Compile (GalaxyMan2015 4.8) When I Open The Editor It Crash Every Time..........

Comment

Hello Mike,

We are interested in using Hairworks for PS4 and Xbox One. Is there any way for us to get access to the console version of just hairworks?

Comment

Originally posted by Semaphore View Post
                      Hello Mike,

We are interested in using Hairworks for PS4 and Xbox One. Is there any way for us to get access to the console version of just hairworks?
                      Hi,

I'm afraid there is no console version of HairWorks, not yet anyways.

Thanks,
                      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
                        GalaxyMan, when you update the engine, could you see if merging https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...62b2f929189de8 would be possible? It's not in the official 4.8 branch yet, but it is a significant update to LPVs. The main changes are that it adds spotlight support and directional occlusion. Always a good idea to keep both systems up to date, for lower spec machines to be able to run the game.
                        My branch now contains the LPV updates. Everything minus the AsyncCompute, as that is only for XBOX One and requires other per-requisite commits to work, and actually results in no difference on Windows (as far as I could tell). Directional Occlusion can be enabled via the Post Processing Volume. Spotlights do work, but they cannot be "Inverse Square" and they must be very bright to even contribute.

Comment

Hey GalaxyMan, awesome job to the branches but always when i finish building your latest branch i get always error starting the unreal engine 4 exe .. i got this in all of your branches...can you help?
                          something is wrong with the UE4Editor-engine.dll

Comment

did you build ShaderCompileWorker ?
                            Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                              My branch now contains the LPV updates. Everything minus the AsyncCompute, as that is only for XBOX One and requires other per-requisite commits to work, and actually results in no difference on Windows (as far as I could tell). Directional Occlusion can be enabled via the Post Processing Volume. Spotlights do work, but they cannot be "Inverse Square" and they must be very bright to even contribute.
                              I wonder if that AsyncCompute will be compatible with the DX12 implementation Microsoft is helping on?

Comment

Hi Galaxyman2015
                                Thank you for your powerful version of UE4
                                are there any special things I need to known about how to build your UE4?
                                after building it ,it always crash(and my friends' one also crash)
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ图片20150617182841.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1079981

Thank you again
                                sorry for my english

Comment

Working...
                                X