Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by WCode View Post
    Ok so no GameWorks stuff will be supported out of the box on UE 4?
    Until it's supported on at least Radeons, it's very unlikely. Epic does not integrate vendor specific middle ware into main branch.
    https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

    Comment


      Originally posted by WCode View Post
      Ok so no GameWorks stuff will be supported out of the box on UE 4?
      You just have to compile it yourself, only downside is that it won't necessarily be on the latest version of the engine

      Comment


        OK thank you guys been looking for a confirmation on this for a while.
        So what whould happen if a user/ Player don`t have the necesary hardware?
        Will the game not run at all or will it just look odd?

        Comment


          Originally posted by WCode View Post
          OK thank you guys been looking for a confirmation on this for a while.
          So what whould happen if a user/ Player don`t have the necesary hardware?
          Will the game not run at all or will it just look odd?
          It'll probably be the same as with Physx back at the time. Just adding one more thing: VXGI, Flex and Waterworks? Nvidia, I totally love you guys

          Click the tiny bird!
          It'll take you to my stuff!

          Comment


            i will love that guys when add support for non-nvidia users
            pd: excuse my english.

            lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

            Comment


              it won't necessarily be on the latest version of the engine
              Mike has said previously the GitHub branch he is working on will be synced to the latest full release (not preview builds), so when 4.7 proper is released he will move to that version. Not the latest GitHub version of course, but it will be a stable build.


              Originally posted by knack View Post
              i will love that guys when add support for non-nvidia users
              Mike has also mentioned they are working on this, it will take some time though.
              Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

              Comment


                yeah i read that. Sometimes love take some time too lol
                pd: excuse my english.

                lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                  Mike has said previously the GitHub branch he is working on will be synced to the latest full release (not preview builds), so when 4.7 proper is released he will move to that version. Not the latest GitHub version of course, but it will be a stable build.




                  Mike has also mentioned they are working on this, it will take some time though.
                  Right, we intend to keep up with the releases on all branches. Regarding non-NV compatibility, we are working on this for all GW modules, but some will take more time than others. VXGI will run on non-NV GPUs already, and the integration will support it from day one. I believe Turf Effects will do so as well, but FleX requires more work for the DX Compute port.

                  Comment


                    FLEX!! Me NEED!!! ME WANT!! GIMME DAT NAO!!!! I REPORT U!1!!!!1!
                    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                      FleX is looking very promising, at least for a first release by the end of the month, but I think Turf Effects might take a bit longer. Stay tuned, I'll keep this thread updated as the information becomes available.

                      ...
                      wait, wait wait... How does it run on software mode? (quad-core with AVX and beyond I mean...)
                      Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                      Actually, I'm happy to report that I ran UE4 with VXGI on my Kepler-based 670 card yesterday. Performance wasn't as good as a Maxwell, but I think it is a viable tech. I even ran it on my old 460 card, but performance there appears to be a lost cause.
                      Nice, did NV public some new papers/pdf/slids about VXGI or volumetric sparse texture? : D : D : D

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by fdslk View Post
                        It'll probably be the same as with Physx back at the time. Just adding one more thing: VXGI, Flex and Waterworks? Nvidia, I totally love you guys
                        And FlameWorks
                        System
                        ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

                        ArtStation
                        Artwork thread

                        Comment


                          I for one, need badly a good GI solution and I'm dying to get my hands on VXGI, I'm currently using LPV, which is quite nice but it was a pain to set it up for a full interior scene.

                          Click the tiny bird!
                          It'll take you to my stuff!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by fdslk View Post
                            I for one, need badly a good GI solution and I'm dying to get my hands on VXGI, I'm currently using LPV, which is quite nice but it was a pain to set it up for a full interior scene.
                            I'm not sure how viable VXGI will be honestly. The Apollo demo only ran at about 30FPS on my 970 so I can't imagine it running on anything lower without significant improvements.

                            Hopefully FleX doesn't have the same issues as VXGI.

                            Comment


                              It would be nice to have at least as an advanced graphics option for the people that can run it--or in the future where hardware becomes cheaper.

                              And for people that want to use UE4 to render videos, it would be great since it would be fast and easy.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Piers909 View Post
                                I'm not sure how viable VXGI will be honestly. The Apollo demo only ran at about 30FPS on my 970 so I can't imagine it running on anything lower without significant improvements.

                                Hopefully FleX doesn't have the same issues as VXGI.
                                Optimizations for VXGI are still in the works. However, the question of viability for leading edge tech is always a funny one. If an average VXGI scene ran at 30fps on an older, mid-range card, we would have released it a long time ago. Conversely, why would we keep holding it back at this point, even if it can only be applied to optional features for gamers with high-end hardware? Games adopting VXGI this year probably won't be released for 18 months or longer, and GPUs catch up quickly.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X