Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Piers909 View Post
    Is it likely that we'll still see Turf/FLEX at the end of the month too?
    FleX is looking very promising, at least for a first release by the end of the month, but I think Turf Effects might take a bit longer. Stay tuned, I'll keep this thread updated as the information becomes available.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	FlexClothTest.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1065171
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FlexfluidTest.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1065172
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FlexRigidTest.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1065173
    Click image for larger version

Name:	flexSandTest.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	1065174
    Last edited by Mike.Skolones; 01-14-2015, 06:14 PM.

    Comment


      That looks awesome! Anything on the water simulations?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Piers909 View Post
        That looks awesome! Anything on the water simulations?
        I think water simulation is on the second screen, it just renders as particles that Flex based on.
        [My FREE stuff] Custom Cameras (Stategy, Orbital) | Sticker Note | ESC Inventory System | Pipe Generation (Spline based) | Procedural spline-based Mesh generation | Homing missile
        [My Market stuff] Advanced Aim Component | Lock/lockpick Component | Blueprint-based Key Remapping System

        Comment


          Hey can someone please explain to me if this is plugins that will be available to the community?
          Are they licensed from NVIDIA? Or will they become a part of UE 4 (Out of the box support).

          Appreciate any confirmation on this.
          Cheers!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
            Yes, VXGI will support animated meshes, but we haven't shown that content yet. Hopefully we'll have VXGI posted by the end of the month, with some simple content. You can't push big files on Github directly, so we'll need a convenient way to distribute sample content.
            Awesome! Can't wait to check this out.

            I wouldn't worry about content, there is plenty enough of it laying around to test it .
            Originally posted by WCode View Post
            Hey can someone please explain to me if this is plugins that will be available to the community?
            Are they licensed from NVIDIA? Or will they become a part of UE 4 (Out of the box support).

            Appreciate any confirmation on this.
            Cheers!
            They will be on github:
            https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine
            https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
              FleX is looking very promising, at least for a first release by the end of the month, but I think Turf Effects might take a bit longer. Stay tuned, I'll keep this thread updated as the information becomes available.
              That sounds (& looks) great Mike! Can't wait to check it out! I was just wondering if the demo for WaveWorks + buoyancy and ships project will be released at the same time as Flex & VXGI? Or will it take bit longer to get that demo project to become available?

              BTW: I finally managed to figure out buoyancy for my WIP project, seeing it bob up and down and leaning with the wave crests, it's awesome! That was a thrilling moment, implementing a component in code, you hope it works, but usually it will have some bugs, then there are times like this where it worked first try! That doesn't mean it works as well as it could, still more work to do.
              Last edited by DotCam; 01-14-2015, 10:16 PM.
              Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

              Comment


                I'd like to know will we have to buy new GTX 9xx series cards to utilize some of these new features or, can we still use our existing hardware (I already paid for GTX Titan back when, so it better work ).
                Linux Support page (Wiki): https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Linux_Support
                Linux Demos page (Wiki): https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Linux_Demos
                My Unreal Engine 4 Linux repo: https://github.com/3dluvr/UnrealEngine/

                Comment


                  Originally posted by amigo View Post
                  I'd like to know will we have to buy new GTX 9xx series cards to utilize some of these new features or, can we still use our existing hardware (I already paid for GTX Titan back when, so it better work ).
                  VXGI requires a Maxwell architecture 9xx series card, I haven't heard anything about the Titans being able to run VXGI. Plus they use the previous generation architecture in a Titan, so I don't think it will work unfortunately.

                  But all of the others will work without any problems amigo!
                  Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

                  Comment


                    This is super awesome..Can't wait to try it out.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by AlFlakky View Post
                      I think water simulation is on the second screen, it just renders as particles that Flex based on.
                      That's right, the fluid surface rendering in UE4 is still TBD, but the underlying simulation is already in place.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                        VXGI requires a Maxwell architecture 9xx series card, I haven't heard anything about the Titans being able to run VXGI. Plus they use the previous generation architecture in a Titan, so I don't think it will work unfortunately.

                        But all of the others will work without any problems amigo!
                        Actually, I'm happy to report that I ran UE4 with VXGI on my Kepler-based 670 card yesterday. Performance wasn't as good as a Maxwell, but I think it is a viable tech. I even ran it on my old 460 card, but performance there appears to be a lost cause.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                          That sounds (& looks) great Mike! Can't wait to check it out! I was just wondering if the demo for WaveWorks + buoyancy and ships project will be released at the same time as Flex & VXGI? Or will it take bit longer to get that demo project to become available?

                          BTW: I finally managed to figure out buoyancy for my WIP project, seeing it bob up and down and leaning with the wave crests, it's awesome! That was a thrilling moment, implementing a component in code, you hope it works, but usually it will have some bugs, then there are times like this where it worked first try! That doesn't mean it works as well as it could, still more work to do.

                          I'm afraid the buoyancy and ships sample is still a long ways out. No ETA as of yet, sorry. Sounds like you figured it out anyways, hopefully others in the community can benefit from your hard work too!

                          Thanks,
                          Mike

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                            Actually, I'm happy to report that I ran UE4 with VXGI on my Kepler-based 670 card yesterday. Performance wasn't as good as a Maxwell, but I think it is a viable tech. I even ran it on my old 460 card, but performance there appears to be a lost cause.
                            So the rumors were true... That's great that it can at least work on lower spec, it could be used for small showcase scenes or games with minimalist styles. Those with a 780ti or Titan will likely be able to make use of it as well at a higher level.

                            I'm afraid the buoyancy and ships sample is still a long ways out. No ETA as of yet, sorry. Sounds like you figured it out anyways, hopefully others in the community can benefit from your hard work too!
                            Sounds good, was just curious. I still need to work out better performance for buoyancy. It works but it's a CPU hog atm.

                            Thanks for the info Mike!
                            Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                              Actually, I'm happy to report that I ran UE4 with VXGI on my Kepler-based 670 card yesterday. Performance wasn't as good as a Maxwell, but I think it is a viable tech. I even ran it on my old 460 card, but performance there appears to be a lost cause.
                              Thank you! - THAT made my MONTH!

                              My Laptop manufacturer insists that my Clevo P370SM-A based system can not be upgraded from its 880M to 980M...yet any other source, incl. their own config web page, so far tells me it IS possible...so I was unsure to fan out a couple hundred bucks on something that may or may not work :O

                              At least, according to what you said^^, I can test the feature and go easy on the hardware upgrade.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by iniside View Post
                                Ok so no GameWorks stuff will be supported out of the box on UE 4?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X