NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
    It doesn't really help, but I ran it on a Titan X. Can run on a 970 later (Need to plug it in). But the results were:

VXGI diffuse and specular disabled: 300 FPS (3.3ms) when standing at one end of the hallway and looking down all the way (default player spawn)
    VXGI diffuse enabled and specular disabled: 110 FPS (9ms) in the same position
    VXGI diffuse and specular enabled: 80 FPS (12.5ms) in the same position
    Interesting. The Titan X should only be roughly double the speed, where you're getting nearly triple. When you get the chance, could you post how the 970 does in comparison? I wonder if the extra speed really is because of the Maxwell chip or if it's just a fluke because it's such a powerful card.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
      Interesting. The Titan X should only be roughly double the speed, where you're getting nearly triple. When you get the chance, could you post how the 970 does in comparison? I wonder if the extra speed really is because of the Maxwell chip or if it's just a fluke because it's such a powerful card.
      Will do, over the weekend most likely, so if anyone else has a 970, feel free to post results.
      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Hi,
        I'm new to Unreal and especially using development build, I'm experimenting with hairworks and it's great so far but I wonder how hard it would be to get transparent tip as there's already rootAlpha fallof?

I also wonder if the one directional light limitation is just for performance or if there's an issue and we'll just have to live with it for a while?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by frsnop View Post
          Hi,
          I'm new to Unreal and especially using development build, I'm experimenting with hairworks and it's great so far but I wonder how hard it would be to get transparent tip as there's already rootAlpha fallof?

I also wonder if the one directional light limitation is just for performance or if there's an issue and we'll just have to live with it for a while?

thanks
          Transparent tips would have to be something that NVIDIA does at their end, don't think the HairWorks API supports transparent tips either.

The one directional light is just a limitation at this time, I suspect that they will get more lights implemented at some point, probably grabbing 4 or more of the closest lights and averaging out the results or something along those lines (Thats just a guess on my behalf, I do not speak for NVIDIA, so they may have completely different ideas).

Comment

For what it's worth, here are my results with the SciFiHallway on my 970M:

32-34 FPS VXGI diff + spec
            40-50 FPS VXGI diff
            locked 62 FPS (maybe vsync on?) with only direct light

Comment

Mike.Skolones , are these github links supposed to work??

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/HairWorks

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git

Comment

Those links work just fine. Follow these instructions:

https://www.unrealengine.com/ue4-on-github

Comment

@Mike.Skolones
                  Does "https://trello.com/b/gHooNW9I/ue4-roadmap UE4 Roadmap -> Rendering -> Hair/fur shading" mean NVIDIA HairWorks?

Comment

Hi

Is there a way to get the Flex water to look the same/similar as in the stand alone demo rather than as beads?

Comment

Any idea of a rough estimate of maybe when we'll also have a GameWorks VR branch?
                      I would really like to see it in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumbserelly View Post
                        Hi

Is there a way to get the Flex water to look the same/similar as in the stand alone demo rather than as beads?
                        Example map "flexFluidSurfaceTestMap".

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                          HairWorks and VXGI are both implemented in DX11, hence they are 'vendor agnostic'; yet I don't think they will find their way into mainline UE4 anytime soon.
                          I hope they eventually do- extremely cool stuff! Keep up the great work
                          ARTSTATION: https://www.artstation.com/artist/noisestorm

Comment

GalaxyMan, just wanted to point out the minor issue that the VXGI documentation in your Doco folder (at least the PDF) isn't the latest one which was updated with multi-bounce info.

Comment

Originally posted by MyKillK View Post
                              GalaxyMan, just wanted to point out the minor issue that the VXGI documentation in your Doco folder (at least the PDF) isn't the latest one which was updated with multi-bounce info.
                              It appears they only just recently updated the VXGI doco, this is why mine is not up to date. I have grabbed the latest version and am updating my repo. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by vimaxus View Post
                                For what it's worth, here are my results with the SciFiHallway on my 970M:

32-34 FPS VXGI diff + spec
                                40-50 FPS VXGI diff
                                locked 62 FPS (maybe vsync on?) with only direct light
                                Huh. Did not expect a mobile GPU to outpace my desktop GTX 780, especially by that much. And yeah, the 62 FPS is with framerate smoothing enabled, it caps it to that by default until you disable it.

Might be time for me to invest in a 980 Ti.

Comment

Working...
                                X