NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
    Yes, last time I downloaded few months ago, everything worked fine. I really don't know why it doesn't work now. BTW, whenever I clone using github, ayn sample folder of any repository doesn't get downloaded, so I always use the zip now. Would you please check usethe zip file to check if it was missing sth? Thank you very much.
    We haven't changed anything in the WaveWorks branch in months.

Comment

Guys someone can help me ? I cant create hair in maya 2015
      ihavenick.net | Free, simple tutorials and news.
      atacetin.net | My portfolio page

Comment

Originally posted by ihavenick View Post
        Guys someone can help me ? I cant create hair in maya 2015
        You need to be more specific, whats the issue?
        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
          You need to be more specific, whats the issue?
          I am trying to create hair.
          Now i must create nHair(nurbs) and then i must convert it to spline ?
          and documentory says you need to buy plugins for it.
          soo i tryed with 3dsmax 2014 but its keep crashing when i select pick guides
          ihavenick.net | Free, simple tutorials and news.
          atacetin.net | My portfolio page

Comment

If you're using 3ds Max hair to create splines, be aware that it handles splines very poorly and if you have a lot of splines it can lock up the program, it's best to set the number of splines to like 200 and the number of segments to a low number as well.

Comment

@GalaxyMan2015 Thank you for the merging! I wanted to try it. I did it as I always do got no errors while compiling but when unreal engine starts and loads it crashes at 39% and gives me this error:

Code:
              MachineId:D28B8A8B41B9531FFE7F439803D97821
              EpicAccountId:7b8041a3ee3e46ae8852984edae3b728

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Fatal error: [File:I:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ShaderCompiler\ShaderCompiler.cpp] [Line: 139] 
              Invalid ShaderCompileWorkerOutputVersion. Rebuild Programs -> ShaderCompileWorker to fix thi

KERNELBASE
              UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:95]
              UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:144]
              UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:360]
              UE4Editor_Engine!DoReadTaskResults() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:147]
              UE4Editor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::ReadAvailableResults() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:966]
              UE4Editor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::CompilingLoop() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:1092]
              UE4Editor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnableBase::Run() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:582]
              UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:73]
              UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:26]
              kernel32
              ntdll
              "Rebuild Programs -> ShaderCompileWorker to fix thi" Sorry I dont know how to do that. Any tips? I would really love testing this out

Comment

integration NVIDIA Turf Effects ?
                https://developer.nvidia.com/turfeffects

Comment

Originally posted by Anafeyka View Post
                  integration NVIDIA Turf Effects ?
                  https://developer.nvidia.com/turfeffects
                  The effort has stalled, sorry. I don't have an ETA for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rathren View Post
                    @GalaxyMan2015 Thank you for the merging! I wanted to try it. I did it as I always do got no errors while compiling but when unreal engine starts and loads it crashes at 39% and gives me this error:

Code:
                    MachineId:D28B8A8B41B9531FFE7F439803D97821
                    EpicAccountId:7b8041a3ee3e46ae8852984edae3b728

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Fatal error: [File:I:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ShaderCompiler\ShaderCompiler.cpp] [Line: 139] 
                    Invalid ShaderCompileWorkerOutputVersion. Rebuild Programs -> ShaderCompileWorker to fix thi

KERNELBASE
                    UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:95]
                    UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:144]
                    UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:360]
                    UE4Editor_Engine!DoReadTaskResults() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:147]
                    UE4Editor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::ReadAvailableResults() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:966]
                    UE4Editor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::CompilingLoop() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:1092]
                    UE4Editor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnableBase::Run() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:582]
                    UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:73]
                    UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:26]
                    kernel32
                    ntdll
                    "Rebuild Programs -> ShaderCompileWorker to fix thi" Sorry I dont know how to do that. Any tips? I would really love testing this out
                    In the Visual Studio solution explorer, find 'shader compile worker' under 'Programs'. Right-click and rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                      In the Visual Studio solution explorer, find 'shader compile worker' under 'Programs'. Right-click and rebuild.
                      Thank you! It's working now

One more question. Are you able to package projects yet? When I try I get this error:
                      Code:
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: GFSDK_HairWorks.win64.dll {0x00007ffe5b5db530} + 0 bytes
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: 
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: GFSDK_HairWorks.win64.dll {0x00007ffe5b5e3957} + 0 bytes
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: UE4Editor-Engine.dll!InitializeHair() {0x00007ffe633939b5} + 17 bytes [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\sour
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!FEngineLoop::PreInit() {0x00007ff76d0baa38} + 0 bytes [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\sour
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!GuardedMain() {0x00007ff76d0b238b} + 15 bytes [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\sour
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() {0x00007ff76d0b295a} + 5 bytes [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\sour
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!WinMain() {0x00007ff76d0c41c9} + 17 bytes [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\sour
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() {0x00007ff76d0c4d5d} + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: KERNEL32.DLL {0x00007ffe8e7013d2} + 0 bytes
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: ntdll.dll {0x00007ffe90ff5444} + 0 bytes
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: ntdll.dll {0x00007ffe90ff5444} + 0 bytes
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: end: stack for UAT
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.05.29-21.11.44:682][  0]LogWindows: === Critical error: ===
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: Fatal error!
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0xffffffff
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: GFSDK_HairWorks.win64.dll {0x00007ffe5b5db530} + 0 bytes
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: GFSDK_HairWorks.win64.dll {0x00007ffe5b5e3957} + 0 bytes
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: UE4Editor-Engine.dll!InitializeHair() {0x00007ffe633939b5} + 17 bytes [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\sour
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!FEngineLoop::PreInit() {0x00007ff76d0baa38} + 0 bytes [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\sour
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!GuardedMain() {0x00007ff76d0b238b} + 15 bytes [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\sour
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() {0x00007ff76d0b295a} + 5 bytes [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\sour
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!WinMain() {0x00007ff76d0c41c9} + 17 bytes [i:\ue4\merge\unrealengine-4.8p3_vxgi_flex_hw_hbao\engine\sour
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() {0x00007ff76d0c4d5d} + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: KERNEL32.DLL {0x00007ffe8e7013d2} + 0 bytes
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.05.29-21.11.44:682][  0]LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.05.29-21.11.44:683][  0]LogWindows: FPlatformMisc::RequestExit(1)
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 3,8118195s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe, ExitCode=3
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): InternalUtils.SafeCopyFile: SafeCopyFile I:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Cook.txt I:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\Cook.txt
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): InternalUtils.SafeDeleteFile: SafeDeleteFile I:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Cook.txt
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Cook: Cook failed. Deleting cooked data.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ErrorReporter.Error: ERROR: AutomationTool error: Cook failed.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for I:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Samples\UnrealEngine-FleX\FlexProject\FlexProject.uproject; see log I:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\Cook.txt
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Stacktrace:    bei Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params) in i:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\CookCommand.Automation.cs:Zeile 225.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params) in i:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs:Zeile 210.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei BuildCommand.Execute() in i:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\BuildCommand.cs:Zeile 37.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands) in i:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Automation.cs:Zeile 380.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine) in i:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Automation.cs:Zeile 352.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param) in i:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:Zeile 172.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param) in i:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Utils.cs:Zeile 716.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Program.Main() in i:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:Zeile 119.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for I:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Samples\UnrealEngine-FleX\FlexProject\FlexProject.uproject; see log I:\UE4\merge\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Programs\Automat
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ionTool\Saved\Logs\Cook.txt
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationToolLauncher exiting with ExitCode=25
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log files...
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
                      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED

Comment

https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload
                        NVIDIA HairWorks
                        Version 1.1(Version Up!)
                        Release Date 2015/05/18

HairWorks-r1-1-212-distro.zip
                        etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Aabs Inc. View Post
                          https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload
                          NVIDIA HairWorks
                          Version 1.1(Version Up!)
                          Release Date 2015/05/18

HairWorks-r1-1-212-distro.zip
                          etc...
                          Awesome, now everyone can start making awesome hair for UE4 and put mine to shame
                          NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                          Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

^^ !@&*@&#$

Funny contrast, how some things seem so easy to me others fail miserably at, and then when I wanna try becoming a virtual barber I fail putting the *simplest* hair on a plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
                              ^^ !@&*@&#$

Funny contrast, how some things seem so easy to me others fail miserably at, and then when I wanna try becoming a virtual barber I fail putting the *simplest* hair on a plane.
                              CG hair is product of Satan. No matter how hard you try it looks hella bad or crash your software. Lets say i've finished my full model in 7 days and hairs will take 5 days xD combing combing combing combing. Now i cant even show up my hairs. I feel so shameful.
                              god..
                              _--------
                              great now i cant even export my fbx xD
                              Last edited by Gandosh; 05-30-2015, 04:50 AM.
                              Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Hehe. Well Im sorry the software bites you but its good to know Im not alone in the feeling-ashamed-corner

Comment

Working...
                                X