No announcement yet.

Unreal launcher for linux ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic Unreal launcher for linux ?

Unreal launcher for linux ?

Unreal launcher is very nice feature that is available for download only for windows and mac.Is there any chance to have this feature on linux. Also I want ti ask about c++ support for linux. Now linux is not very suitable for c++ projects.
    I look at trello but can't find tags with this kind of info

• replied
    are you ever gonna adress these issues or is your official stance "fu** paying customers who are using an allegedly supported platform" now? literally just doing the same thing anyone else does and just providing download links on the website would be plenty, since using the launcher with ugly "create project" and "add to project" buttons (while i might wanna do the reverse e.g.) isn't much more convenient than a plain zip download on any platform anyway....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any news on this? Still patiently waiting

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why not add downloading direct from firefox for Linux?
    Religion disallow this? It's very simple. I create first site in 2002 year and i can download file direct from it.
    For Free files it really can be allowed.

Please tell epic games - allow download from firefox or ETC, i don't want install windows to run it launcher. and still 5 years later i still dont want to pay capitalists\ Monopolists from Microsoft for JUST RUN downloader !
    I have installed Linux version UE4.

Please anybody upload https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...h-environment# to normal filehosting. They mans don't know how to use torrent\ftp
    I cannot download this, cursed launcher required.
    Last edited by dj--alex; 09-22-2018, 05:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would LOVE it if they made a Snap version of the launcher that "updates" itself the first time you run it (just like on Windows).
    For the record, Wine works but it's buggy: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=36734

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kalin_dimitrov View Post
    https://appimage.org/ maybe that can make things easier. At least can bring unreal engine to any distribution. Also can help with games that use it
    or https://flatpak.org/ that's integrated in most of repository managers (Pamac, Discover,...)

a flatpak launcher that uses UE4 binary's in an flatpak with all dependencies !!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by thadkinsjr View Post
    This thread, and the 30 other similar ones need to die.
    It is easy to do with only one shot, really. All is needed for this is to grant access to Marketplace from Linux without crutches and bicycles such as Wine, VMs or dualboot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    https://appimage.org/ maybe that can make things easier. At least can bring unreal engine to any distribution. Also can help with games that use it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by thadkinsjr View Post
    We aren't getting a launcher
    Anyone ever have success getting this tool to work?
    Linux Marketplace Asset Downloading script (Allar)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This thread, and the 30 other similar ones need to die. Linux users are used to finding a work around for everything. It will be that way for about another 100 years.
    Load up a Win7, or 10 version, and just DL launcher. Set your launcher DL location to a usb if you like, and just name the folder vaultcache, and the launcher will Dl your files to it. Easy.
    Or turn off hibernate file system so you can access the windows hdd. Done. Your files are placed in the windows folder Program files/Epic Games/Launcher/Vaultcache
    If the mp files you want are sold on gumroad, or sellify. Than you can go there, and Dl through Linux.
    We aren't getting a launcher, I-tunes, photoshop, and we aren't getting Msft office. Thank Hackers, and all the people that should've supported Linux more from the start.
    I'm thankful Epic is Open source, and we even have a AAA Engine that's free, and built to Linux, Mac, and Win.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Building from github does not have any issue if you know a bit of source code I am able to run nicely since 4.16 release currently using 4.17 cauz 4.18 not that stable !
    The main reason for ask for launcher is just the unreal market place else everything is soo fine ! thanks !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, since it's connecting to Epic's online system it's not something they will allow people to compile themselves.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cannot some one just reverse engineer this launcher protocol?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes is tried and tested. Not working.
    I do not understand why they do not just put the download link pages.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    2c: Linux users are on their own. VR / Paragon etc are way higher priority for Epic.
    Nursing Win7 rigs atm and don't want to move to Win10 spying and 3-day reboots...
    Has anyone done practical tests to try and get the Launcher to run under Wine etc?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X