Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on this? Still patiently waiting

Comment

are you ever gonna adress these issues or is your official stance "fu** paying customers who are using an allegedly supported platform" now? literally just doing the same thing anyone else does and just providing download links on the website would be plenty, since using the launcher with ugly "create project" and "add to project" buttons (while i might wanna do the reverse e.g.) isn't much more convenient than a plain zip download on any platform anyway....

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
        Not really--the software isn't like say a game console, where games drive console sales where console sales drive games. The number of overall Linux users isn't going to change because UE4 is available for it, so they have to weigh the value of supporting a small community. They have people dedicated to supporting Linux so a Linux launcher will happen at some point.
        4 years later, did we reach this point ?

Comment

4 years and 1 month later...

Comment

I guess it's not in their plans, maybe hope for something with UE5

Comment

Seriously why when the navigator send Linux header you simply don't change the link in the market place to download the plugin instead of trying to open xdg.

4 years and no one in your company had this simple approach to let Linux devs enjoy UE market place?

I'm feeling like wasting my time to try to move away from Unity. I'm losing so much time just due to a simple issue which would be fixed in a day by a junior developer this is insanely not professional.

Comment

Did you guys read this : https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyTangentialWalrusBCouch ?

TLDR : "It's on our radar" and a community project could get Megagrant for it.

Epic has always been bottlenecked by the lack of engineering bandwidth. Unreal itself has perfect Linux support, the launcher is a lot less urgent since most content creators - the one needing the marketplace or prebuilt engines - aren't running Linux anyway.
                Helium Rain, a realistic space opera

Comment

I had talked to one of their Linux developers a long time ago, it seemed like it just wasn't a priority at the time given the low number of users but they had expected that to change eventually, at this point it's probably just not something high on their list

Comment

I don't ask for a Launcher support, just let us download plugins and provide instructions to install them, it's not a big change and would not take more than a day for their web developers.

Even if Linux users represent only 1% of the global usage, if they support Linux by providing a portage they must provide a way to access items we bough without having to give an access to our data to any third party project. I've never seen that before...

Comment

Working...
                    X