Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Performance Issues!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I have an i5 760, 8 gigs RAM, GTX560Ti, Win 8 Pro.

    @ medium settings in an empty level I get 100-120 FPS @ 1920x1080 120hz (80 in shootergame example)

    @ epic settings it's around 60fps in an empty level (30-40 in shootergame example)


    Biggest bottleneck in UE4 seems to be GFX card (as expected)
    Last edited by alg0801; 04-02-2014, 12:53 PM.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by alg0801 View Post
      I have an i5 760, 8 gigs RAM, GTX560Ti, Win 8 Pro.

      @ medium settings in an empty level I get 100-120 FPS @ 1920x1080 120hz (80 in shootergame example)

      @ epic settings it's around 60fps in an empty level (30-40 in shootergame example)


      Biggest bottleneck in UE4 seems to be GFX card (as expected)
      You see the problem is when I choose the play mode it runs smooth but when I go back to the editor the performance becomes horrible again.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Crash View Post
        You see the problem is when I choose the play mode it runs smooth but when I go back to the editor the performance becomes horrible again.
        Weird. The only time mine lagged like that was when I accidentally opened up two editors...

        Comment


          #19
          Is your cpu or gpu overclocked? I know that in many cases this can actually decrease performance and stability for games and realtime rendering programs/middleware.

          Comment


            #20
            these kinds of things are always hard to identify without being on the computer itself. you can have identical hardware and get different performance from it due to firmware and driver upgrades. the guy above with his 100 FPS may have his computer set up perfect with nothing running in the background to interfere. and the next guy with the same hardware .. can be missing windows updates that failed on install. out of date directx drivers or just out of date firmware. could be running multiple programs in the background from antivirus to firewalls. or even unknown malware thats using 10% of your cpu without your knowledge.

            and you would be amazed at what a problem with a power supply unit can cause... especially one that causes rare problems or only under high performance (fluctuating power or not quite enough power to the video card aka a failing psu) ... try identifying that issue without a spare power supply around. trust me its not fun.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by StrokeMeGoat View Post
              Is your cpu or gpu overclocked? I know that in many cases this can actually decrease performance and stability for games and realtime rendering programs/middleware.
              It's running at default clock settings so I don't believe it's that.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by McTurbo View Post
                these kinds of things are always hard to identify without being on the computer itself. you can have identical hardware and get different performance from it due to firmware and driver upgrades. the guy above with his 100 FPS may have his computer set up perfect with nothing running in the background to interfere. and the next guy with the same hardware .. can be missing windows updates that failed on install. out of date directx drivers or just out of date firmware. could be running multiple programs in the background from antivirus to firewalls. or even unknown malware thats using 10% of your cpu without your knowledge.

                and you would be amazed at what a problem with a power supply unit can cause... especially one that causes rare problems or only under high performance (fluctuating power or not quite enough power to the video card aka a failing psu) ... try identifying that issue without a spare power supply around. trust me its not fun.
                Well My installation is clean and fresh, and my cpu and gpu usage are normal, all the basic drivers required is installed as well, and my psu is working 100% at it's optimal capacity, like I stated earlier that other 3D applications are running smoothly and even when I play the basic level in editor it runs smoothly around 50-60fps but when I return to the editor the frames dip back to around 25fps.

                Comment


                  #23
                  I have seemed to find the problem on why I was getting performance dips, every time I add a light I seem to get a huge performance hit even when the scene is completely blank with only a point light, my frames go from 120fps-60fps, this doesn't make sense for such a simple setup can have such a huge performance impact. Has anyone come across with this same problem?

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Runs fine on my old Radeon 6700, but as soon I open youtube on my other screen if I want to follow a tutorial it starts to lag like hell

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Krazykov View Post
                      Runs fine on my old Radeon 6700, but as soon I open youtube on my other screen if I want to follow a tutorial it starts to lag like hell
                      Can you do me favor please and make a clean project and add a point light and let me know if you also get a frame hit.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Use this as a reference: https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/ho...video-settings
                        Unreal Engine 4 Beta Tester

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X