Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i safely move downloaded asset packs without breaking references?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i safely move downloaded asset packs without breaking references?

I have tried the move and copy function inside unreal and it always breaks reference, i have tried moving it inside the content folder on my pc and its no use, it always breaks reference, how can i do this the correct way?

I have the same question because it’s troublesome to organize

Comment

Originally posted by Papíí View Post
      I have tried the move and copy function inside unreal and it always breaks reference, i have tried moving it inside the content folder on my pc and its no use, it always breaks reference, how can i do this the correct way?
      Originally posted by s54780478 View Post
      I have the same question because it’s troublesome to organize
      • Right click the folder you plan to move and select 'Fix up redirectors'
      • Older asset packs, like pre 4.20 often break materials, have to be manually fixed.
      • Unless you only briefly work on a project I recommend to keep packs which get frequent updates in the root folder, otherwise it becomes more difficult to upgrade.

[LEGENDS of EPICA]

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
        • Right click the folder you plan to move and select 'Fix up redirectors'
        • Older asset packs, like pre 4.20 often break materials, have to be manually fixed.
        • Unless you only briefly work on a project I recommend to keep packs which get frequent updates in the root folder, otherwise it becomes more difficult to upgrade.
        Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
        X