response rate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

response rate?

hello, i'm using the ue forums for a lot of time, i had started to work with ue back in the UDK time (year 2009).

i remember there was a lot of engage at the forum in that time, even at the start of the ue4 time these forum were a place to get feedback and help from the ue community.

i'm just wondering what happened with the forums community? i see lots of question without any response (i had a few too, without response), minimal views, what happened with the feedback and help from others guys?

i'm asking with no intention to raise a problem, just wondering what happened with the community's feddback.
    http://enzoravo.website

There are already too many threads on this subject:
    "I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world to sow death and madness."

Comment

sorry, i don't was aware of these threads, thanks for point me that

Comment

enzoravo

After reading those threads, the next question is, will devs return after UE5 Launches?

Probably not unless Epic choose to, and they don't really have any incentive to... UDN / Enterprise customers give them all the feedback they need. Basically interaction on the forums evaporated once Epic abandoned the forums around 2017. They never really publicly acknowledged this ofc. But you can trace it back to the departure of Alex Paschall, hiding vote counts for engine requests, the arrival of the unloved bug submission form, and comments like this from key staff.

Now you can hardly even find the forums on the official support page. Answer-Hub is more prominent, and its even more deserted. Basically the community has fragmented to Discord, Reddit, Polycount, YouTube, Twitter, Twitch and other channels. And even though devs still log-in, most don't interact anymore. So why did Epic lose interest? Because the community became mature, or they ran the numbers and giving the engine way for free didn't generate enough revenue? (lack of discoverability on Steam not helping). Who knows, but Epic gave up on Indies and decided to proactively chase the enterprise crowd and disrupt new industries.
        Last edited by EntrpriseCustomr; 07-09-2020, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EntrpriseCustomr View Post
          enzoravo

Basically the community has fragmented to Discord, Reddit, Polycount, YouTube, Twitter and other channels. And even though devs still log-in, most don't interact anymore. So why did Epic lose interest? Because the community became mature, or they ran the numbers and giving the engine way for free didn't generate enough revenue? (lack of discoverability on Steam not helping). Who knows, but Epic gave up on Indies and decided to proactively chase the enterprise crowd and disrupt new industries.
          which ue4 reddit is still active ? also the discord is the official ue4 discord or another one?

Comment

Originally posted by enzoravo View Post

which ue4 reddit is still active ? also the discord is the official ue4 discord or another one?
            You're asking the completely wrong person dude, as I want devs to return to the forums!
            This fragmented Multi-Channel 'mess' takes way too much time away from valuable dev.
            So I can't recommend any. Better to dissect projects / read source / make your own docs!

Comment

Working...
            X