Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to enable Chaos Fracture in 4.24?

I am struggling trying to enable Chaos fracture in 4.24

i'm interested on this too, i have enabled all chaos plugins in the editor, but i didn't found the chaos icon.
    http://enzoravo.website

Comment

Hello, ghosg

Chaos Fracture 4.24 source code is not available but you can try Chaos Fracture 4.23 :

To enable Chaos Fracture 4.23 please follow these steps:

Step 1:- Download the 4.23 Unreal Engine Source Code from GitHub.
      Step 2:- Extract downloaded .ZIP files to your desired location.
      Step 3:- Inside the Engine/Source folder, open the UE4Editor.Target.cs file in text editor.
      Step 4:- Add the following to the UE4Editor.Target.cs file and save:
      Code:

bCompileChaos = true;
      Step 5:- Your UE4Editor.Target.cs file should look like the following:
      Code:

public class UE4EditorTarget : TargetRules {     public UE4EditorTarget( TargetInfo Target ) : base(Target)     {         Type = TargetType.Editor;         BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Shared;         bBuildAllModules = true;         ExtraModuleNames.Add("UE4Game");          bCompileChaos = true;      } }
      Step 6:- In the 4.23 root folder, run the Setup batch file, then upon completion, run the GenerateProjectFiles batch file.
      Step 7:- Load the project into Visual Studio by double-clicking the UE4.sln, then build the engine from the source code.
      Step 8:- Create a new project and open it, then enable the following plugins from the Edit > Plugins menu:
      • Chaos Editor
      • Chaos Solver
      • Chaos Niagara
      • Planar Cut
      • Editable Mesh
      • Geometry
      • Geometry Cache
      • Field System
      Step 9:- Restart the Editor.
      Note :- When the Editor restarts, you will now have access to the Fracture Editor available within the Modes panel.

I hope above information will be useful for you.
      Thank you.
      Custom Software Development
      http://www.ifourtechnolab.com/custom...re-development

Comment

Prahlad Makwana i'm using ue4 4.24, i have already activated the plugins in the plugins menu, but when i restarted the editor i don't have the fracture editor available in the Modes panel.

do you know why is this happening ?

thank you for your help.

Comment

@enzoravo: As Prahlad Makwana already mentioned: Chaos Destruction is currently only available in a 4.23 source build as stated on the Epic Games Launcher Unreal Learning Tab - there is no way around that.

Comment

Originally posted by hessjacobs View Post
            @enzoravo: As Prahlad Makwana already mentioned: Chaos Destruction is currently only available in a 4.23 source build as stated on the Epic Games Launcher Unreal Learning Tab - there is no way around that.
            Are you serious? Wtf is the point of a feature in an old version of the engine if its not in the new one?!?

Comment

i'm still waiting to test the chaos in the 4.24

Comment

wait WTF? If chaos can't be used in 4.24 and Apex Destruction is broken then what the hell am I supposed to do for destructible meshes. **** epic yall keep adding new features and then not using them every engine version and more **** keeps breaking. We need an engine stability release. No more new **** till everything works.
                Consider supporting me on patreon

Weapon Master and VRE Merge TUT

Life Art Studios | Discord | End of Days - VR Zombie Survival

Comment

Originally posted by Starkium View Post
                  wait WTF? If chaos can't be used in 4.24 and Apex Destruction is broken then what the hell am I supposed to do for destructible meshes. **** epic yall keep adding new features and then not using them every engine version and more **** keeps breaking. We need an engine stability release. No more new **** till everything works.
                  Why are some UE4 devs such whiny, self entitled brats?

Comment

Im trying to use Apex Destructible but once I enable the plugin I cant package the project anymore any solution?

Comment

unreal engine 4.24

Comment

Working...
                      X