Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressing E in a box trigger to open a level (HELP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressing E in a box trigger to open a level (HELP)

I have it so a widget where it says "Press E to enter building" shows when my character is in a box trigger but I don't want that to be a scam. So please help me. I want when in a box trigger to press E to switch level and only when in the box trigger. Please help me how I do this.
    Last edited by MioAnonymssonLol; 11-15-2019, 06:01 PM.

I would tell the widget to be created when the overlap event begins, when the interact input is received & overlap is true you should remove the widget and then "load level (xyz)"

On overlap leave just remove the widget from parent.

Comment

So what I do to make what you want work, I use a gate. So what you would do is set in the input key node so "E" is connected to "Enter" on the gate node. And the "Begin actor overlap" connected to the "Open" on the gate. Then the "End actor overlap" connected to the "Close" on the gate. In between the overlap nodes is where you want to add the widget that says to interact for open to activate it, then "Remove from parent" when you exit the trigger to close the gate so the input isn't received. Make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by DVS Dredd View Post
        So what I do to make what you want work, I use a gate. So what you would do is set in the input key node so "E" is connected to "Enter" on the gate node. And the "Begin actor overlap" connected to the "Open" on the gate. Then the "End actor overlap" connected to the "Close" on the gate. In between the overlap nodes is where you want to add the widget that says to interact for open to activate it, then "Remove from parent" when you exit the trigger to close the gate so the input isn't received. Make sense?
        Could you maybe explain better in a way like (Do this - Then this -)?

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. But if you haven't gotten it figured out this is what I meant.... Open up your level blueprint. Right click and put in the nodes for, begin actor overlap, end actor overlap (make sure you have the trigger box selected), E (or whatever your interact key is) and then the gate node. Now the gate node will have, enter, open and close. You want to connect your interact key to enter. Then the begin overplay to open. And finally the end overlap to close. Now in between the overlap nodes and the gate is where you do the widget. So between the begin overlap and gate, that it's where you want to create the widget and have it appear. So then in between the end overlap is where you want to add "remove from parent" and it'll ask to connect it to the widget you want to remove which would be the one you created.

Then after the gate node you want to add the remove from parent again. Because what all this did was make it so when you walk into the trigger box it shows the widget and opens the gate, so when you use interact it'll continue the blueprint. And when you leave the trigger box it'll close the gate and not receive any input when using interact. Hopefully this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X