No announcement yet.

UDK Docs search feature is broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for fixing the udk search. I've used it a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
      Apologies for the delay on resolution. I'm following up again with our web team.

Thanks
      Well, its been a month without the archived udk forums. Stephen, is there any info from the web & community teams having fixed the security problems? If it represents a burden to Epic, you can always give us a rar or something of the old forums and one of us will host it on another personal site,preserving all Epic games rights and logos and what you guys want.It will be just for reading purposes and not a working forum.So you guys wont loose us or anything . We will even try to make our own search function.The amount of unreal script and C code there is the same,if not a little more than the current UE4 forums, and technically most of that info was created and provided by the users(my self included) , so I doubt Epic will have any use of it.

Cheers guys

Comment

Hey all, we're still working with the web team on a solution. Please note that the information will be made available, as we have no intentions of keeping it perpetually offline. We will update you as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
          Hey all, we're still working with the web team on a solution. Please note that the information will be made available, as we have no intentions of keeping it perpetually offline. We will update you as soon as possible.
          Great news! And thank you for the update guys.

Comment

Hello my friend, thaks for the information. As many of us said here, the ammount of knowledge available on the legacy UDK Forum is for sure HUGE, as it cummulates years of postings, on a time when Unreal Engine 3 was (and for most of us still is) the top notch game development solution.

This knowledge is to be preserved, and I myself can host the site if it represents a burden for EPIC Games, as we still love UDK, and many of us, mainly myself, will still keep using UDK to develop our games for a long time

Cheers!!!!
            https://sites.google.com/view/udkultimate/

Comment

I'd like to provide a quick update: Our team has begun to spin the UDK forums back up into a read-only state. Once that's done, we'll be working towards properly archiving them.

We have no plans to allow posts and comments on the old forum, but the UDK portion on forums.unrealengine.com will stay online.

I will continue to update this thread. Thanks for your patience!

Comment

I'd like to provide a quick update: Our team has begun to spin the UDK forums back up into a read-only state. Once that's done, we'll be working towards properly archiving them.

We have no plans to allow posts and comments on the old forum, but the UDK portion on forums.unrealengine.com will stay online.

I will continue to update this thread. Thanks for your patience!
                Awesome news.Please dedicate a little love(if possible) only to the search options as it was showing not exact findings before.And there was also a bug when you do a search for a word and you get for example 10 pages of results.When you start clicking to go on to page 2 and than 3 and than 4(etc) and if you decide to go back one page, it automatically returned you to page 1 and eliminated the results from the other pages(some times).And if you than click on page 2 or 3 it will show only the results on page 1.So I had to restart the firefox browser and delete cookies to make it work again.
                Last edited by O_and_N; 11-13-2019, 07:49 AM.

Comment

The forums are back online!

Comment

Awesome news.Just notified the other UE3 users to test them out and see if all is working fine.
                    Thank you Epic

Comment

@VictorLerp

Thanks mate and all UE Staff. UDK is and will still be loved by many people, I myself intend to continue using UDK to develop games for a LONG time, and having the legacy UDK Forum back, is something priceless, as it contains too much precious knowledge of one of the BEST GAME ENGINES OF ALL TIME.

Cheers!
                      https://sites.google.com/view/udkultimate/

Comment

VictorLerp Thank you so much! There may not be many of us left, but those of us who are still trying to finish projects really need these old resources.
                        Check out Himeko Sutori, the upcoming tactical RPG where you control armies of over 100 unique characters.

Comment

Working...
                        X