UDK Docs search feature is broken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK Docs search feature is broken

@Epic. I'm an UE3 developer, and the UDN's (https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/WebHome.html) search feature is currently broken and now redirects to a "403 Forbidden".

Please could you look into getting this fixed as the UDN is a critical resource for devs still working in UE3.

Thanks
    Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 07-23-2019, 02:10 PM.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will escalate this to our online team.

For future reference, we don't refer to the UDK documentation as "UDN" anymore. That name has passed along to our private support site.

Cheers
    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for your response. I'll look forward to being able to search the docs again once the online team has taken a look.

Edit: It looks as though they have made a change so that the UE3 search now just searches the UE4 docs, rendering the UE3 search still unusable. Please could you take a further look into a fix for this?

Thanks
      Last edited by Coldscooter; 07-24-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

That's not the end goal and we know this isn't resolved. This is still under investigation.

Comment

Great thanks for the response!

Comment

Apologies for the delay on resolution. I'm following up again with our web team.

Thanks

Comment

The issue with UDK search is now fixed. Good luck with your projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                The issue with UDK search is now fixed. Good luck with your projects.
                Thank you Epic.Little companies these days show this type of respect and support.That is one of the main reasons you guys are on top

Also i recommend to the current UE3 developer to use something like Httrack and download a offline copy of the UDN UDK/UE3 documentation in case this happens again and you don't want to wait a week or two for Epic to fix it.I did a test download today that resulted it 3,4gb but with some errors so i will have to check if everything is there and obviously the search will not work in offline mode, but its still a alternative if this happens again.

Comment

Stephen Ellis Thanks for fix. Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                  X