Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNREAL VXGI Build error

Hey guys,

I am trying to build the new VXGI build for Unreal engine. But while running setup.bat I get the following error at the end of the setup.

Would appreciate if anyone could help.

Thanks

Bilal Khan

CEO / Product Architect
    BMKDesign

www.thebmkdesign.com

This is the error that I get when I try and build the Visual studio build
    Bilal Khan

CEO / Product Architect
    BMKDesign

www.thebmkdesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by BMKdesign View Post
      Hey guys,

I am trying to build the new VXGI build for Unreal engine. But while running setup.bat I get the following error at the end of the setup.

Would appreciate if anyone could help.

Thanks
      That's a connection error. It downloads the extra files needed (somewhere around 5gb) during the Setup.bat. After it finishes, you have to run the second *.bat file named GenerateProjectFiles.bat. Once that's done, then you need to open the solution, wait for it to index/parse everything. It will say ready down in the corner. Then build ue4.

If you're having those problems building the solution, you need to check whether or not you have administrative rights.

I just did this this morning and had no problems with it.

Comment

Thanks. I am following the same procedure, however during downloading extra files, at around 99% I get that error with the file name being too long.

Also, I am admin at my PC so do I need to invoke more rights somehow? Do I need to place the files at a certain location in my computer?

Thanks
        Bilal Khan

CEO / Product Architect
        BMKDesign

www.thebmkdesign.com

Comment

the error for long file path is whats stopping you. rename the extracted folder to something short like vxgi 4.1X. sometimes the folder name is something real descriptive like "UnrealEngine-4.18-NVIDIA.GameWorks" just shorten it to "GW4,19" and dont have it nested in a large folder tree. i have all mine in "D:\1_GameDev\EpicGames.
          as for admin rights, just right click vis studio> properties>compatibility>run as admin tick box ticked should fix that.
          even though your windows account had admin privilege, programs do not, until you give it to them.
          CEO of Prydetech

https://www.artstation.com/ixicalibur

Originally posted by ixicalibur
          Here you go, this is a link to every tutorial you could ever need plus instructions to access all the collective knowledge of mankind: [Super massive awesome link that every amazing game developer uses to instantly learn to be super awesome at making stuff]

Comment

Working...
          X